onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

I disagree. I think we should be in the play-offs with that squad. Hence the frustration with Aspin because we have underperformed so far this season. Yes, we’ve had injuries, but the management also have to take some blame afrer a pretty poor pre-season, tactics and attitude towards certain players.

Some of the tactics have been bizarre but I don’t think that’s been 100% Aspins fault, injuries to Manny, Conlon and Monty have meant that he hasn’t had the personnel he’s wanted to use and has had to find solutions and play people out of position. Today shows what the side is capable when it has the legs in midfield. I genuinely think we are a better attacking side without Joyce who slows down the play where Conlon and Manny want to play forward quickly

Advert

Some of the tactics have been bizarre but I don’t think that’s been 100% Aspins fault, injuries to Manny, Conlon and Monty have meant that he hasn’t had the personnel he’s wanted to use and has had to find solutions and play people out of position. Today shows what the side is capable when it has the legs in midfield. I genuinely think we are a better attacking side without Joyce who slows down the play where Conlon and Manny want to play forward quickly

Sorry, but that’s simply not true! Just go back to last week; Monty injured, so he puts Hanno at LB, Vassell on the bench and Gibbo in the stands???

Sorry, but that is just bizarre! And makes me wonder, why he extended Gibbos contract and signed Vassell, if he believes an attacking midfielder, is better in their position than them. Bizarre that is!

Kanu?! Under Aspin he's been making the tea this season so far.

And if you think anything like our best 11 is only good enough to survive in League Two then it shows a huge lack of ambition on you're own part, nothing more.

"Consolidate" doesn't mean "survive". It means consolidate which after last year's nail biter, will be fine.

I thought we were decent today. The two central midfielders were excellent and Legge, whom I thought was poor in pre-season, has been an absolute rock since he came into the team. I shall be delighted if I see more performances like that this season.

Sorry, but that’s simply not true! Just go back to last week; Monty injured, so he puts Hanno at LB, Vassell on the bench and Gibbo in the stands???

Sorry, but that is just bizarre! And makes me wonder, why he extended Gibbos contract and signed Vassell, if he believes an attacking midfielder, is better in their position than them. Bizarre that is!

And Manny and Conlon??

Cobblers forum is called The Hotel End

I quote....a truly bad Port Vale side. We won't play many worse teams this season.

Terry Angus (Diors dad ) says Port Vale are bang average. He is their radio guy. Obviously bitter his son hasn't quite made it at Vale....yet.

Comedy gold reading their views

I know it’s early days but of all the sides I’ve seen so far this season I would rank Northampton at the bottom of the pile. They looked like they had no interest in doing anything other than going through the motions and knocking off. Maybe they had a night out after.

I believe the starting line up today included Rawlinson at RB because it would mean we could then easily revert to 5-3-2 by changing Whitfield or Miller for Joyce with Hannant at wingback to defend a slim lead. I think we would have done that today were it not for the sending off.

Miller and Pope caused them havoc today that's why the Cobblers game plan after the first 15 mins of which they played some good stuff they reverted to the dirty side of there play.

Yes, it was the only way they could cope today. Miller's darting runs, always buzzing around looking to get the ball or get on the end of something were excellent, their defense couldn't relax for a second. Popey as usual gave his all.

No it shows a realistic view of where we are and where we are going. Anyone expecting us to go up this year was overhyping it themselves. Vales aim was to be competitive and I would say we are. That’s progress and anyone who thinks we haven’t improved from last years horror show either belongs on a funny farm or has an agenda

Nope just because someone disagrees with you dosent mean they have a bloody agenda!

Our squad or starting 11 at least has massively improved (not hard) but we have a very strong 11 with some real quality league 2 players.

Tactics up until now and performances certainly hadn’t improved but I’m much more hopeful after today as we actually had our better players on the pitch from the start.

I’d certainly hope we can be top 10. This squad should be there. I can’t see many areas in the starting 11 that need much improvement. Right back is an issue but we have gibbons god knows what he’s done wrong.

Under Aspin that's exactly what we are, at best, so his Dad isn't far wrong is he?!

You've been itching(yet again) to have a dig at Aspin despite a good all round performance.Well done to Aspo on a tactical success and for being able to put round pegs in round holes.Stay solid at the back and be patient next week and watch the vale triumph.

Optimism for the future is what I've been given by the game and performance yesterday. Manny and Miller influence games positively for us. Pope is always a handful. Whitfield and Hannant both played well. First time I've seen Conlon and I was impressed.

10 points from eight games. Six or four more points from the next two games would be a decent start to the season considering the fifteen new signings.

Kanu?! Under Aspin he's been making the tea this season so far.

And if you think anything like our best 11 is only good enough to survive in League Two then it shows a huge lack of ambition on you're own part, nothing more.

Yes Aspin didn’t take the opportunity to put Kanu on to terrorise their full back and put crosses in to Pope and Miller.Instead he put Joyce on to hold the midfield.

Gibbons can’t even make the bench when we are crying out for a wing back to get down the wing and cross the ball.

The Baldrick Brown mentality not to lose is still there and needs to be changed so that we go at teams from the off.Well done Manny for and excellent display of what we need in midfield.

Archived