onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Worral and Whitfield are really putting in a shift, but the former is having a nightmare and keeps giving the ball away and the latter is simply playing miles away from Pope, almost as though hes playing up top on his own.

We are being given a lot of the ball, then continually giving it straight back to them. Refuse to criticise Hannant, who most certainly isn't a LB, and Conlon is most certainly not a winger.

Joyce am afraid is looking like a rabbit caught in headlights, and simply doesn't or can't see whats going on around him.

Feel sorry for the lads who drove over there, they and we deserve better than that 45 minutes

Advert

Miller and Kanu have played the majority of their career in non league. Rawlinson is from the Welsh league, so non football league. Quigley also has played the majority of his career in the Welsh league, so another non league.

I'm not bashing signing players from non-league as there are some good players there. But you're not telling me that Aspin would chose players from the Welsh league/non league over proven league players? The budget is dictating this!

Were a league 2 side you can’t sign 10/11 established players all from league 1. Most if not all league 2 sides will sign from non league the same as most league 1 sides will from league 2. They’re not non league players just because they used to play there. We signed them from posh. Aspin had been after rawlinson for ages so I think he would’ve done yes. The budget ain’t the issue this year.

vale subs aimlessly kicking a bal about

FGR subs going an organised warm up

Hmm

I've thought that loads.

We ping a ball 30 yards to eachother, having a joke. Its the sort of warm up I'd do in my Sunday league side.

We're a non-league team in all aspects, apart from the quality of the players. The club is being managed, on and off the pitch in a manner which would befit Leek Town more than Port Vale.

We are losing to Forest Green Rovers.

Forest. Green. Rovers.

Forest. Green. Rovers.

Forest. Green. Rovers.

Forest. Green. Rovers.

And not just losing. They are making us look like absolute mugs it seems. Organised, neat and tidy and with a clear game plan. Everything that we lack as a side under Neil Aspin most of the time at the end of the day.

And not just losing. They are making us look like absolute mugs it seems. Organised, neat and tidy and with a clear game plan. Everything that we lack as a side under Neil Aspin most of the time at the end of the day.

I'd love us to play half the football they have played! I'm jealous of Forest Green.

They have an owner that cares about the club and is doing his best to take them forward.

We have an owner who is "numb" to the club and uses a transfer fee windfall to buy another club's ground.

Law of averages...he must get it right at some point. We can't keep a bad manager because we are scared of what we might end up with next.

Unless Aspin gets a winning system soon (hopefully in the 2nd half) we will need to get rid as I've yet to see enough to make me think he has what it takes. One good month last year kept us up.

That's what I'm hoping for. A broken clock is right twice a day. Surely Smurthwaite would manage to stumble across a quality manager at some point? Obviously he won't pay for a proven manager but successful managers have to start somewhere.

That said it's a difficult job and only a desperate man with no other way of getting a Football League management job would take the position.

Law of averages...he must get it right at some point. We can't keep a bad manager because we are scared of what we might end up with next.

It will probably be roughly the same standard if we're lucky. The better managers won't apply because of Norman's reputation in the game. The new manager will have a bit of a honeymoon, followed by several months of being cut slack because they aren't his players. This time next year the penny will drop that he's rubbish as well.

It will probably be roughly the same standard if we're lucky. The better managers won't apply because of Norman's reputation in the game. The new manager will have a bit of a honeymoon, followed by several months of being cut slack because they aren't his players. This time next year the penny will drop that he's rubbish as well.

Not a sound strategy to rely on a new manager bounce to stay in the Football League every year but here we are.

Archived