onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

FGR look a million miles away from us. Controlling the game with short passes, everyone looks comfortable and knows their jobs. On the other hand, we are just launching it long and panic everytime we get the ball. It's just hit and hope.

It's embarrassing. Will we win away from home before our 1 year anniversary of our last away win?!

Advert

How bad does it need to get?

We're getting beaten by a Vegan side who play on a hill in a Cotswold village.

We're battling relegation to non-league for the second season in a row, having being relegated the season before.

Norman is to blame. There isn't any other opinion to have. We've spent adaquetely in isolation (with the vast majority from non league), and poorly in the circumstances. Our coffers are one the fullest in the league, but its OK, Norm paid 50k for a lad with no league goals and can't get a game by the 10th game of the season, and signed a GK desperate for any club in the Midlands and a released Leon Legge.

Our kit suppliers are getting sacked by Conference clubs. We have no atmosphere. We keep appointing incompetent manager after incompetent manager.

Norm is the problem people. Please.

Oyeleke = non league

Miller = non league

Rawlinson = non league

Kanu = non league

Quigley = non league

Daniels = non league

Vassell = non league

Funny how you didn't mention those?

Same for you why aren’t you mentioning the likes of brown Joyce legge whitfield etc. You can’t just sign every player on megga money ffs. Also Kanu? He’s from posh as is miller, just because they’ve played in non league sides dosent mean we’ve signed them from non league. Rawlinson not non league either but never mind. Oh quigley as well....

How bad does it need to get?

We're getting beaten by a Vegan side who play on a hill in a Cotswold village.

We're battling relegation to non-league for the second season in a row, having being relegated the season before.

Norman is to blame. There isn't any other opinion to have. We've spent adaquetely in isolation (with the vast majority from non league), and poorly in the circumstances. Our coffers are one the fullest in the league, but its OK, Norm paid 50k for a lad with no league goals and can't get a game by the 10th game of the season, and signed a GK desperate for any club in the Midlands and a released Leon Legge.

Our kit suppliers are getting sacked by Conference clubs. We have no atmosphere. We keep appointing incompetent manager after incompetent manager.

Norm is the problem people. Please.

Yeah. Because Norm selects the rubbish team selections and dog **** tactics almost every week doesn't he?

So just like pretty much every other team in League Two, we signed a mixture of proven players and unproven players this summer. Who would believe it?!

Are you related to Aspin?

I'm not supporting Aspin, and I'm not clambering for his dismissal. I'm sick of Aspin's constant chopping and changing of the squad and how it's nearly impossible to predict the system each week (look at my earlier posts today). He's doing himself no favours right now.

Do you have any confidence Norman would pick the right man to replace him?

If you want Aspin out please bear in mind who will be doing the recruitment for his replacement.
Law of averages...he must get it right at some point. We can't keep a bad manager because we are scared of what we might end up with next.

Unless Aspin gets a winning system soon (hopefully in the 2nd half) we will need to get rid as I've yet to see enough to make me think he has what it takes. One good month last year kept us up.

I'm not supporting Aspin, and I'm not clambering for his dismissal. I'm sick of Aspin's constant chopping and changing of the squad and how it's nearly impossible to predict the system each week (look at my earlier posts today). He's doing himself no favours right now.

Do you have any confidence Norman would pick the right man to replace him?

None whatsoever. But put two turds next to each other and they'll both stink the place out. You wouldn't hold just one of the turds responsible would you?

We look like we don’t know what we’re doing. Conlon and Hannant have been hung out to dry, but Hannants making a good fist of it considering. Conlon looks lost and is popping up everywhere without offering anything. They are targeting our left side for good reason. Hannant and Clark are doing ok going forward but having to do it on their own, they just aren’t linking up with their winger at all. Comes to something when gunning is bossing the midfield, but their style of football is nice and neat and they looked organised and settled.

Other than miller we don’t have many options.

Same for you why aren’t you mentioning the likes of brown Joyce legge whitfield etc. You can’t just sign every player on megga money ffs. Also Kanu? He’s from posh as is miller, just because they’ve played in non league sides dosent mean we’ve signed them from non league. Rawlinson not non league either but never mind. Oh quigley as well....

Miller and Kanu have played the majority of their career in non league. Rawlinson is from the Welsh league, so non football league. Quigley also has played the majority of his career in the Welsh league, so another non league.

I'm not bashing signing players from non-league as there are some good players there. But you're not telling me that Aspin would chose players from the Welsh league/non league over proven league players? The budget is dictating this!

Miller and Kanu have played the majority of their career in non league. Rawlinson is from the Welsh league, so non football league. Quigley also has played the majority of his career in the Welsh league, so another non league.

I'm not bashing signing players from non-league as there are some good players there. But you're not telling me that Aspin would chose players from the Welsh league/non league over proven league players? The budget is dictating this!

It doesn't even matter if we have a decent budget. The club's rolling in money. We should have a top 7 budget.

Archived