onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

Advert

We have that in Kanu but bought on that donkey Quigley instead.He is even slower than Barnett.

My mate pointed out that Kanu might have been a better bet against their offside trap with his pace.

All in all, positives are the result, the points and for me, the defence, who, despite having more than their fair share of work to do, dealt with everything thrown at them.

I don't give a flying f... if it was pretty or not!

First half we were very good, and well deserved to go in 1-0 up at half time!

We got pushed back and maybe became a little afraid to win in the second half. Not that weird, thinking of the last 2 games. But for once, I actually think our defence looked very solid! They had 2 real chances, out of 16 efforts. Rawlinson and Legge was like a wall, and Clark and Gibbo covered very well! I would be very disappointed, if this is not the defence that starts again on Tuesday!

Even the best of teams have to grind out results. We haven't exactly been notorious defenders of a 1 goal lead the last few seasons, but I think we did very very well today!

Rome wasn't build in a day. People moaned when we lost the last two. Now we win again, and some people still moan, that we didn't play like Barcelona for 90 minutes.

The team is damned if they do, and damned if they don't win... Catch 22 that is!

If you ask Aspin, I'm sure he would have liked us not to sink so deep in the last 30 minutes. But sometimes the flow of the game dictates that to happen. Only thing I'll say; Quigley isn't the type of attacker, to hold the ball up on his own. Think he, as the only player, looked a little out of place today.

As for me; I am well chuffed with another win and another clean sheet at home! Now let's hope, we can take that on to Carlisle on Tuesday!

I gatheŕ u didn't go the game today? We were lucky that their strikers are awful cus they shud have buried us.

What game did you watch? You make it sound like they hit the woodwork 10 times and we cleared it off the like 20?

They had 2 chance they should had done better with: the one Rawlinson/Brown threw themselves at, and the one after the cutback, he send 20 yards over.

Other than that, they didn't have anything I was even the slightest bit afraid of!

So please don't make it sound like we were under bombardment for 90 minutes, cause we weren't!!! :smile:

Manny going off was the turning point. Kay and Joyce are too similar to play as a midfield 2, we sat far too deep after that.

Our game management is still very poor. At 1-0 up we ought to be focusing on keeping the ball and taking our time rather than constantly hoofing the ball forward and then inviting pressure onto ourselves. It was a problem last season and is clearly still a problem. Just keep hold of the ball!

True, but if we ignore all his good points then he can be classed as a poor player - thought that was the OVF way?:wink:

So it was because of Dodds we did so well till he came on? I had no idea he was so influential that he can control a game while not actually playing. Actually, it would be better if he did - that way he could be invisible in reality rather than just on the pitch.

Yes Crawley had a lot of possession but they did absolutely nothing with it. Brown could have sat in the Bycars with me the amount of work he had to do. The much maligned defence easily dealt with Crawley so let’s give them some praise for once. Joyce is a quality player he just doesn’t lose the ball when in possession. I agree that Kay is a similar but significantly poorer player than Joyce. Thank God Pope is back. He won everything in the air and held up play superbly. We missed Manny when he went off so I hope his injury is not too bad. A quality player. Great result which should give this defence confidence. In Aspo we trust.

We lost the midfield the second Oyeleke came off. I'm not a Dodds fan but we created more with him on and should really have got a second. They altered there formation prior to Dodds coming on which was why we altered formation again. The Quigley substitution worked quite well as they didn't get a shot on target after.

Nor did Quigley wonder if Aspin told them to defend the lead second half and try to catch them on the break.

What a vile team they were.

Couldn't believe what I was watching when vincelot (I think) tried to manufacture a yellow card for Quigley by just throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity.

Conned the ref a bit but other than that the ref was good.

Vale were pretty poor but after the last two years I'm certainly not going to moan about a vale win anytime soon!

Archived