onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

Advert

6 points from 9 is not bad and we have shown glimpses of both brilliance and woefulness in our first 4 games.

Hopefully consistency will come but it’s clear we need more support and mobility in midfield as back up to Manny and Joyce. Hopefully Conlon can provide some of that when he is back from his injury.

Interested to see all the aspin out brigade going hiding again until out next defeat. Not pretty by all accounts but another 3 points on the board

Don't see many people here wanting him out at all. Not yet anyway. But like myself there are some questioning his ability as a manager. His tactics and subs often leave a lot to be desired for me, and a completely undeserved and fortunate 1-0 win at home to Crawley isn't going to change that.

Don't see many people here wanting him out at all. Not yet anyway. But like myself there are some questioning his ability as a manager. His tactics and subs often leave a lot to be desired for me, and a completely undeserved 1-0 win at home to Crawley isn't going to change that.

Tactics and subs come with experience and options. With the greatest respect to Neil as I said in mid week he doesn’t have much league experience at all, doesn’t have much experience of the current players either. The bench doesn’t have much in the way of options really if the best we have to bring on is Kay and Dodds we really are in the ****. Need Conlon fit and another Striking option with legs or to play Kanu

I will say though that the new full-back looks a cracking signing, and Legge looked something the player we thought we had signed. We also have one of the top two or three keepers in the league. Quigley and Kanu were complete wastes of signings though - It's clear than Aspin doesn't fancy Kanu and I've seen enough to form the opinion that Quigley is woeful. If Pope and/or Miller get injured for any length of time we're screwed.

Interested to see all the aspin out brigade going hiding again until out next defeat. Not pretty by all accounts but another 3 points on the board

Agreed, it’s really boring when someone has an opinion about someone and just goes on and on and on and on and on about it making little snide comments when they are just not necessary!

Missed the game, but according to the BBC match stats, we had 39% possession to their 61%. 5 shots from us and 16 from them. Looks like we had a free "get out of jail" card today?!

BB, 60% of that was Crawley passing it sidewards, they had no cutting edge whatsoever and Vale's defense coped admiraly with what they had apart from one chance which Brown saved brilliantly. Good, well earned 3 points.

Agreed, it’s really boring when someone has an opinion about someone and just goes on and on and on and on and on about it making little snide comments when they are just not necessary!

No just meant it’s game 3 of the league season and our manager has only been here for just over half a season. Some overview of the whole situation was needed not just a knee jerk reaction to 1 or 2 games

Don't see many people here wanting him out at all. Not yet anyway. But like myself there are some questioning his ability as a manager. His tactics and subs often leave a lot to be desired for me, and a completely undeserved and fortunate 1-0 win at home to Crawley isn't going to change that.

Tyler,he was referring to you.Just read your text,you are itching to say it.

Tyler,he was referring to you.Just read your text,you are itching to say it.

Nonsense. Had Vale had lost today, which they could easily have done, I wouldn't have been spouting anything about Aspin going yet. I simply haven't seen anything yet to make me think he's capable of taking the club forward, although anyone's task is made much more difficult because of the owner. I think Aspin is dire, but will reserve judgement on whether he should be manager of Port Vale until the end of this season.

I watched this one from a jacuzzi in the Dominican, which was nice. Despite giving up a lot of possession in the 2nd half I felt that Crawley only really threatened on a couple of occasions. Overall the defence looked solid. I’m sure that last year we would have found a way to concede in the 5 added minutes so I’m happy to take the 3 points and move on.

3 points is 3 points but the performance overall wasn’t brilliant.

Defensively we looked decent and much better with the height of both Legge and Rawlinson.

Crawley have had more possession and shots but they were mainly shots from outside the area with maybe 1 or 2 clear cut chances.

Going forward we still look like we are missing something. I don’t think we had a shot or any chances in the 2nd half and it was frustrating to watch at times. Worrall looks very uninterested. Thought he did okay against Cambridge but today I can see why people are saying he looks like he isn’t bothered. Hannant had an okay game, a few times he just hoofed the ball forward that went no where.

Archived