onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread Nuneaton B v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I see we only had 9 of our own players playing and one of them is on the transfer list. The rest were triallists. Sound prep for the new season.

Jean I respect most of what you post on here but really!! this game was not preparation for the new season. It was a game that Aspo did not want and the fact he managed to get a team out without affecting what will be his probable starting eleven was a big plus for me.

You've got to guess news on his departure might be pending. Shame as he had real potential first time around. Never quite found a true position, lacked a bit of pace or 2 or 3 inches of height to play centrehalf. As a young player I thought he might have a future as a defensive midfield player, but I suspect conference is the best he can hope for at the moment. If he doesn't leave this week you'd have to question his attitude a little as Aspin was happy to give Barnett a run out.

Aspin may have a big call to make on deadline day over whether to try and reintegrate players in to the squad or just let one or the other see out there contract. The fact Barnett has turned up and played out of position when asked may be in his favour.

Maybe Aspin should tell him and Barnett they are going on loan to Nuneaton if they don’t find a club.

The regular football would keep them match fit.

This game was something that only happened after Smurf became landlord of Nuneaton. It wasn’t the managers idea to play them.

Let’s just hope the owner realised he managed to get away with this and steers clear from football decisions in the future like he promised.

Leave it to Aspin and Rudge in the future please Norman... the proof of what happens when you try and get involved in football matters is evident in our sad decline.

there is the big blue commander connection

surely not --from the fans forum proves nothing but strange how their fans think the same:wink:

Views: 323

Do wonder if NS is now funding the Boro with a view to taking control of he can sell PV in the near future

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: George Green signs for Chester for undisclosed fee

By VS Vale (VS Boro)Yesterday at 09:15:31In response to Re: George Green signs for Chester for undisclosed feeTop of thread

Views: 322

How dare you make such accusations.

No way can he get involved with Boro-Leisure due to PV connections.

However, I believe he knows LT who co-incidentally owns Boro-Leisure ;) ;) ;) ;)

By stone ragmaYesterday at 09:24:53In response to Re: George Green signs for Chester for undisclosed feeTop of thread

Views: 321

He can’t get involved in decision making he can however put money in I believe, the other week saw tweets from the guy who owns Notts County and also saved Ilkeston regarding the amount of money he had put into Ilkeston last season

By HullablueYesterday at 09:09:22In response to Re: George Green signs for Chester for undisclosed feeTop of thread

Views: 319

Not sure how he can be funding It, but can we how he can help cut outgoings.

My assumption from day one has been he will take over as soon as he can.

other interesting points made,

I met NS when he was cleaning the toilets as I was getting a season ticket -asked me if I wanted to help

At least he has got the tannoys sorted along with catering.

other interesting points about their previous owner LT who was supposed to running things but hasn't been seen yet is a director of boro leisure plc which runs the club

http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/nuneaton/thread/21670

all seems cloak and dagger surely not the norm way

Can you translate that please? You've lost me. Sorry.

yeh sure no need to apologise,

having trouble copy n pasting for some reason may have been I was short on time,

i was just highlighting off the nuneaton thread that our norm seems more involved than just an owner of land and was meant as an extension

to an earlier comment.

he has fixed the tannoy and the catering and was hands on sorting the toilets apparently , why would he do this if only a landlord

, tried to back it up details off their fans forum but proved more difficult in the copying n pasting than I thought then ran out of time

hope this explanation helps:smile:

yeh sure no need to apologise,

having trouble copy n pasting for some reason may have been I was short on time,

i was just highlighting off the nuneaton thread that our norm seems more involved than just an owner of land and was meant as an extension

to an earlier comment.

he has fixed the tannoy and the catering and was hands on sorting the toilets apparently , why would he do this if only a landlord

, tried to back it up details off their fans forum but proved more difficult in the copying n pasting than I thought then ran out of time

hope this explanation helps:smile:

I have some experience as a landlord. If my wife thought something strange was going on whenever I cleared a drain blockage in a toilet or repaired a defect in a kitchen I'd be very divorced. My understanding is he owns the football ground so he is responsible for maintaining it.

Would he rather be chairman at Nuneaton or Port Vale, my guess is at the former. I also have no doubts he knows LT whoever he is, as both would appear to be business men from the same town. However landlord repairs property is hardly a news story.

Archived