onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

Advert

Indeed. Very little wrong with the overall performance - Just one of them nights where the run of the ball isn't going for you. Nobody could argue if this game finished 3-2 with the overall tie very much in the balance. Still, Liverpool only have themselves to blame for poor finishing, and I think Klopp got some things wrong this evening. But Lionel Messi - On his night you can't do anything about him other than try and injure the bloke perhaps.

I think we'll beat Barcelona at Anfield but they'll definitely be good for a goal.

That free kick was absolutely sublime. To get the ball that accurately into the top corner with sufficient power to beat Allison from that distance is absolutely fantastic ability. Surely the greatest player ever?

It's not even close for me. I know Maradona and Pele were amazing players but I think football is much tougher on the whole now than it was then, such is the way the game has gone where you need to be fitter and physically stronger than in the past. The general tempo of games at the highest level is much quicker too.

It was a super game of football and Liverpool played well. But you can't miss chances like Liverpool did in a big game like that.

Liverpool's forwards have got the measure of Barca's defence but Messi & Suarez must be the best pair of strikers you'll see anywhere.

At least 2 golden opportunities from 5 yards out wasted. And that's the difference between winning and losing these huge matches. A shame.

Messi is the difference between the two teams, playing for Barca he's sensational. How do you stop him!

Having said that Milner and Salah missed two gilt edged chances, an away goal would have put a different complexion on the return leg.

Disappointed for Liverpool as they played well.

It's not even close for me. I know Maradona and Pele were amazing players but I think football is much tougher on the whole now than it was then, such is the way the game has gone where you need to be fitter and physically stronger than in the past. The general tempo of games at the highest level is much quicker too.

We have this discussion often,tylerla.We all agree that it is down to the quality of the pitches today.Would George Best be a world star today? Oh yes.Would Lionel Messi have been one in the 60s?Probably.Add the fact that the slightest touch on a player now gets you a booking whereas breaking someone’s leg in the 60s may have got you a telling off. Liverpool played well but alas ,crap finishing and poor final ball.Very early goal at Anfield may give you a semblance of a chance but I cannot see where Barca won’t score.

Suarez, of course, is not the most popular player ever, but my word he has got a burning desire to be a winner and his goal last night was wonderfully taken, a top top goal from an even better pass from Jordi who is surely the best left back around. And better than Robertson means you have to be good!

I too think 0-3 is a bridge too far with their attacking talent but I was a bit surprised how easily Liverpool created chances against them and they were frightened of the pace of Salah and Mane.

It could I think easily end up 0-3 again as Liverpool pour forward in search of goals but we've seen some amazing nights at Anfield over the years and it might be worth a 50p flutter on the Kop blowing the ball into the net a few times. Let's hope so.

It might well be no teams in the Champions League final for us and for Liverpool .. they could end up with nothing, despite such a magnificent season, and that would be a real shame.

If Roma can do it then Liverpool most certainly can. You can look at it that way. But without that away goal they will have to play a perfect game and have a lot of luck on the night. As good as Liverpool are and can be at Anfield, they're not going to win 5-1 to go through should Barca score one solitary goal. I think and expect us to win the game, but it will be a 2-1 or 3-2 sort of victory.

It pained me to see Suarez celebrate his goal last night, but I used to love him winding up the opposition, and he represents his dream club now and he scored in a semi final when the game was very much in the balance, so I won't be a hypocrite and like him less because of it. He certainly won't get a positive reception at Anfield now even if he was even going to originally - But he will thrive on that no doubt. What a player.

Liverpool won't win anything this season as City will win their final two games at a canter. But speaking for myself all I want to see is progress. We're not quite as exciting, but are we a better side than we were last season? Absolutely. Are we a better team than we were when Klopp first walked through the doors? 100% yes. I know we will be even better next season, but domestically much will also depend on if the likes of City and Spurs improve further too.

Archived