onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

Did not look like a free kick for Liverpool’s last goal and the linesman was 5 feet away. When Liverpool fail to win the league again they cannot blame bad luck, they have had ample this season.

As in all walks of like, you go a long way in making your own luck. Liverpool have been on the end of a number of wrong or iffy decisions this season, but of course, people with some sort of agenda don't talk about them.

Advert

The CL game on Tuesday v Barcelona is interesting from a manager perspective. Barcelona played away at Celta Vigo last night losing 2-0 but fielding an entire reserve team. Only Vidal played out of the first team squad. So whilst a leggy Liverpool had to battle to win at Newcastle, Barcelona rested. If Liverpool try to go all out attack against Barcelona on Tuesday night it could go very wrong for them. But I don't know what else they can do.

Depends on how City do tomorrow I suppose. If City lose then I'd field a reserve team against Barcelona on Tuesday. We're already going to be without Salah and Firmino which is almost the same as Barcelona turning up without Messi and Suarez. We're not going to progress now no matter what - If we can give the likes of Busquets, Vidal and Suarez a bit of a kicking on Tuesday, that will do me.

Probably Arsenal are on their way back up if they stick with the current manager. Spurs could go either way, they need to deepen the squad, may start to lose stars otherwise. Chelsea need new ownership and face a transfer embargo. Leicester are my team coming up on the rails if they keep their young players, may need to splash the cash to do that.

Keeping players for teams outside the top 6 is the problem, the lure of the Champions League and higher pay packets is the problem. Leicester are planning to spend £100M on a new training complex, increase King Power to 40k +, but I think very difficult to get into the top 6 with less than a 60k ground and outside a Metropolitan area. Interesting to see what Wolves do next season, time for Newcastle to play to their potential, keeping players and managers is always a problem when they appear to be other clubs solutions.

Not from me, mate. I take it you weren't there yesterday - or any other time this season????

Take what you want old lady. No skin off my nose! Now go make yourself a nice cup of Bovril and grab a few custard creams, and settle down to Last of the Summer Wine. :wink:

Take what you want old lady. No skin off my nose! Now go make yourself a nice cup of Bovril and grab a few custard creams, and settle down to Last of the Summer Wine. :wink:

Typical daft Scouser. Thanks for confirming you haven't been to watch the mighty reds live!!!

Typical daft Scouser. Thanks for confirming you haven't been to watch the mighty reds live!!!

I haven't confirmed anything. You're what, a 70 something year old random woman off a footy website to me. So don't flatter yourself love.

I haven't confirmed anything. You're what, a 70 something year old random woman off a footy website to me. So don't flatter yourself love.

And you’re some spotty school kid dreaming that Liverpool May one day win the Premiership.

You’re living in the past!

They are not mighty anymore.

You've always been one of the one's that have loved saying how medicore Liverpool are over the years here I'm pretty sure?

Must pain you quite a bit that they're now making Champions League Finals and semi-finals and actually challenging for the title, as they will be again next season no doubt.

I know one thing. Should they win a trophy soon you'll no doubt go very, very quiet.

You've always been one of the one's that have loved saying how medicore Liverpool are over the years here I'm pretty sure?

Must pain you quite a bit that they're now making Champions League Finals and semi-finals and actually challenging for the title, as they will be again next season no doubt.

I know one thing. Should they win a trophy soon you'll no doubt go very, very quiet.

Liverpool have greatly improved and been worthy challengers this season and will be next season but once again they will fall short and you are wrong about any pain, I do hope Liverpool beat Barcelona and play Spurs in the final. There is only 1 English club I will never support in Europe and they are a long way from getting there again.

Archived