onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

Advert

You are probably right. I don't tend to come on here much once Vale's season has finished. Needless to say I will be cheering on Barcelona though.

But why? I genuinely don't get why an English person would want a Spanish team to be victorious. If Liverpool were out I'd want Spurs to go all the way. You have zero affinity with Barcelona as you don't with Liverpool as far as I'm aware.

But why? I genuinely don't get why an English person would want a Spanish team to be victorious. If Liverpool were out I'd want Spurs to go all the way. You have zero affinity with Barcelona as you don't with Liverpool as far as I'm aware.

Liverpool aren't representing England though. They are representing their own football club. If it was England vs Spain, of course I would support England including the Liverpool players.

I support all home nation teams and will be hoping that Liverpool can keep the tie alive tonight.

Spurs I think are running on empty and the folly of not having a bigger and better squad has caught up with them. I'm sure with everyone fit and firing on all cylinders they could beat Ajax but those Dutch lads are really good, energetic, but very skilful too.

I was disappointed with Eriksen and Alli last night. In big games you have to perform but they, like some others, looked wacked.

The ref was very good I thought. Forgotten his name but calm and measured.

I hope Spurs and either Arsenal or Chelsea win European trophies this season.

Can someone inform the dippers in Barcelona that dipping doesn’t mean throwing locals into a fountain.

Don't you think it's a bit wrong, even weird, a 50 or 60 year old bloke still calling Scousers "dippers"? I'd expect it from some spotty 18 year old, but not an actual adult.

Don't you think it's a bit wrong, even weird, a 50 or 60 year old bloke still calling Scousers "dippers"? I'd expect it from some spotty 18 year old, but not an actual adult.

Sorry if I’ve offended you dip.Are you getting nervous?

Not all scousers are dippers,just Liverpool fans.My bro in law doesn’t mind me calling him a dipper.He’s a Kop ST holder.

I support all home nation teams and will be hoping that Liverpool can keep the tie alive tonight.

That's because you're not a bitter twonk.

Spurs have an 11 to rival almost anyone but they're not good enough to be without the likes of Kane and Son in a game against a fearless and young Ajax side that play without any pressure.

Eriken is a great player but has been pretty average for most of the season, and seems to be off to Real in the summer so his head is unlikely to be 100% in the right place. Alli has loads of talent but never seems to fully convince. He's always on the edge of games, though I don't think the way Pochettino likes his team his play most of the time helps him. Spurs aren't out of the tie by any means and if they can score the first goal in Amsterdam then anything can happen, though you would strongly fancy Ajax now.

I'd take a 2-1 loss tonight as at home Liverpool can overwhelm anyone, Barcelona included. An away goal is vital though and I'd even take 3-1 over a 1-0 loss. Messi, Suarez and Coutinho/Dembele is even better than Salah, Mane and Firmino on the whole, but Liverpool definitely defend better as a team generally than Barcelona.

Sorry if I’ve offended you dip.Are you getting nervous?

Nervous about what? If Liverpool lose to Barca over the two legs it's hardly a disgrace is it? At one point it didn't even look like we would qualify for the knockout stages so making another semi after being in the final last year is a remarkable acheivement for a club that's improving all the time, regardless of the outcome.

Would you want Manchester United to win if they were playing Barca tonight?

Would you want Manchester United to win if they were playing Barca tonight?

Yeah, I would. I wouldn't say I was happy, that's the wrong word, but I was glad when they beat PSG in the previous round. They would be the last English team in the competition I'd be wishing to do well though obviously out of the usual lot.

Cracking first half. Liverpool could have been in three or four times with a better final ball. Barcelona are so good going forward at times. Next goal in this game should there be one is huge for the tie.

Archived