onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

World Cup 2018

creating chances is one thing quality is scoring em, the fact it took an injury time winner to win the game unless we planned it that way yes we were lucky especially against a poor team which you agree they were despite their 21st ranking...England ran out of ideas as did southgate and will need to improve versus better opponents and hopefully they can

How are they a poor team? Some people don't half talk some ******** here. They lost to Spain recently by a single goal in a game they could and should have won, and Spain didn't create even a half of the chances England did in the first 30 minutes alone. They've also drawn with Portugal, coming back from a 2 nil deficit. They're a more than decent side and very difficult to play against, and a push over for nobody.

Advert

For me we were fantastic for 30 minutes and dominated the match as a whole. They defended pretty well and we were patient and created chances all game. The only issue for me is the finishing, Lingard and sterling could and should have finished the game so much earlier. Henderson stood out for me with some great passing, loved the pace of our front line, no team will like playing against that! I’d bring rose in so we actually have a left footed player there, young cuts inside too much and constantly fouled there player in decent positions. I’d also start rashford over sterling. Loftus cheek looked great when he came on though.

Not sure why a few people are insisting that Tunisia are some "third rate" team. Obviously some people don't watch football outside of Port Vale. They are ranked just 9 places below England and often take points off the bigger sides, including the European champions Portugal recently. They also outplayed Spain for large parts of the game in their recent 1-0 loss to them in a friendly prior to last nights match. They're a decent side and no walk over for anyone, including Belgium I have little doubt.

Some numpties were expecting us to beat them 4 or 5 zero it seems simply based on the fact that they were quite a poor team when we last played them 20 years ago or whatever it's been, which is ridiculous.

I've seen all the games so far (sad, I know) and the only really poor team I've seen were Saudi Arabia, which surprised me a little because they've always put up a decent show in previous outings.

Last night was a classic 1st game, we had a similar experience to Brazil only we managed to win our match. We should get better, the initial nerves are done with now. Who'll be moaning if we have a 'routine' but unexciting win against Panama? You'd think no one but you can guarantee somebody will droan on about how we should have scored 27 goals or something.

For me we were fantastic for 30 minutes and dominated the match as a whole. They defended pretty well and we were patient and created chances all game. The only issue for me is the finishing, Lingard and sterling could and should have finished the game so much earlier. Henderson stood out for me with some great passing, loved the pace of our front line, no team will like playing against that! I’d bring rose in so we actually have a left footed player there, young cuts inside too much and constantly fouled there player in decent positions. I’d also start rashford over sterling. Loftus cheek looked great when he came on though.

Very good summary.

For Harry,England and St.George.

Nice to win the first match for a change which makes an he'll of a difference in the group stages.We could have won 6-0 but for poor finishing and an incompetent ref.He had a clear sight of both rugby tackles and did nothing but managed to see Walker's arm shepherding the ball across the penalty area?

If I was Southgate I wouldn't make wholesale changes against Panama, I don't think he'd be able to learn very much new about his players or draw many useful conclusions against a poor side.

If he wants to tweak things he'd be better off keeping his cards close to his chest with the tougher games to come. Treat this game as a one off, get the job done, and if they are winning comfortably then sub one or two off.

Not sure why a few people are insisting that Tunisia are some "third rate" team. Obviously some people don't watch football outside of Port Vale. They are ranked just 9 places below England and often take points off the bigger sides, including the European champions Portugal recently. They also outplayed Spain for large parts of the game in their recent 1-0 loss to them in a friendly prior to last nights match. They're a decent side and no walk over for anyone, including Belgium I have little doubt.

Some numpties were expecting us to beat them 4 or 5 zero it seems simply based on the fact that they were quite a poor team when we last played them 20 years ago or whatever it's been, which is ridiculous.

Strange when a few think we could have won by 5 or6 especially if the pens were given..they are a poor side with 1 shot on target in 90mins even when england lost their way..

We were good for 20_25 mins then dropped off possibly coinciding with southgate keeping a clearly affected ali on ..2nd half at 1-1 we were passing all the way to our keeper from the last 3rd in some cases ..southgate didnt react until late with subs or to change the way we were playing against 2banks of 4 making it a shocking last 50mins ..thankfully a last minute goal got us over the line .

A win is a win which is greatbut we need to improve massively especially v stronger first rate teams and better opposition.

If tunisia are all that perhaps aspin should scout the saudi league sounds like a top league

Archived