onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

World Cup 2018

Not a 3rd rate team at all.

Battered them for half hour game should’ve been won easily. God knows what game you were watching.

godknows ,Not sure what game u were watching..they are 3rd rate and were woeful created nothing england 2nd rate as we aint in the top 10 ...like you say we should have won easy but on the day werent good enough to convert in addition to a poor ref but not sure how this makes tunisia a good team

Advert

godknows ,Not sure what game u were watching..they are 3rd rate and were woeful created nothing england 2nd rate as we aint in the top 10 ...like you say we should have won easy but on the day werent good enough to convert in addition to a poor ref but not sure how this makes tunisia a good team

Tunisia may have put in a third rate performance but they are not a third rate team. Sterling put in a third rate performane but he's not a third rate player. Would you say Germany were a third rate team because they lost to Mexico and were pretty woeful?

Tunisia may have put in a third rate performance but they are not a third rate team. Sterling put in a third rate performane but he's not a third rate player. Would you say Germany were a third rate team because they lost to Mexico and were pretty woeful?
Sterling is yet to prove himself at international level same as lots of other players who excel for their clubs

Tunisia may have done well in friendlies but really did look poor offered nothing ..

By your analysis we are in the same league as Germany n brasil as we are only single numbers off their rank.

Do u expect Tunisia to show their true colours by getting out of the group ..

How many tunisia players would get in the england team

Likewise how many england players would get in germany or brasil or even belgiums line up

Likewise how many tunisia players would get into brasil germany belgium etc

It never ceases to amaze me how people’s conception of how good a performance was is directly related to the result.

If Kane hadnt got that injury time winner, these pages would have been full with howls of derision. Yet because we won, it is mainly comments of mild satisfaction.

It matters little how many chances we created, Kane apart they were all missed. I posted pre match that apart from Kane there is no goals in the team and indeed backed that up with stats.

Yes, I’m glad we won, but I saw nothing to change my view that we will make little, if any, impact on the tournament.

PS Sterling should never wear an England shirt again. His contribution was again zero. Indeed, his miss from 3 yards out was, to say the least, comical.

By your analysis we are in the same league as Germany n brasil as we are only single numbers off their rank.

We aren't. We are 11 places off Germany and 10 off Brazil. Tunisia are only 9 off us!

All I'm saying is that your original post implied that Tunisia were a crap football nation whom we should be beating easily. They aren't. But we did beat them despite their cynical approach and determination to get 11 behind the ball at all times in that second half. We won. We should have won by more had the bloke with the whistle not just had his eyes painted on. We were not lucky - the result was thoroughly deserved. Tunisia deserved nothing from that game and thank goodness, that's exactly what they got.

We aren't. We are 11 places off Germany and 10 off Brazil. Tunisia are only 9 off us!

All I'm saying is that your original post implied that Tunisia were a crap football nation whom we should be beating easily. They aren't. But we did beat them despite their cynical approach and determination to get 11 behind the ball at all times in that second half. We won. We should have won by more had the bloke with the whistle not just had his eyes painted on. We were not lucky - the result was thoroughly deserved. Tunisia deserved nothing from that game and thank goodness, that's exactly what they got.

Tunisia arent very good yes crap whom we should have whipped but werent good enough to do that on the day....if we had got 2_3 goals early the score could have been anything thankfully it took an injury time goal to get us over the line and agreed thank goodness for that

We have the players to do well and need consistency but southgate held out way too long and has to do more when the midfield legs had gone our movement became static their one man up top pushing us back to our own goal as we ran out of ideas and zest....if we can convert our chances if southgate can learn to change things quicker either style or personnel we will be better off for it if none of these happen it will be same old england which flattered to deceive but hopefully this wont be the case

Fortunate win by England but a welcome win nonetheless.

For me there was much of the same old, same old from the last two tournaments especially in the 2nd half. Would like to have seen Shelvey in the team.

I don’t see how it was much of the same? We played a completely different formation, team and style to previous times?

I don’t see how it was much of the same? We played a completely different formation, team and style to previous times?
I get his point, we dont have a dedicated playmaker and when ali faltered with a problem our flair and attacking died..

Will be interesting to see if the first 20mins play is the start of the renaissance which can be extended for longer periods in a game or a false dawn where the 2nd half is the norm.

Early days but we need to improve if we want to go far and maximise everything we have got

For some reason Southgate left him on for far too long when he didn't recover from his strain which wasn't a good idea because he made the same sort of contribution we could have expected from a traffic cone.

agree , also risking one of the main spine of the team for the remainder of the tournament-hopefully it aint serious although loftus did inject a bit of something

I get his point, we dont have a dedicated playmaker and when ali faltered with a problem our flair and attacking died..

Will be interesting to see if the first 20mins play is the start of the renaissance which can be extended for longer periods in a game or a false dawn where the 2nd half is the norm.

Early days but we need to improve if we want to go far and maximise everything we have got

Thought we looked good when the subs were made though. Loftus cheek looked very creative when he came on.

Archived