Sign in to follow this  
pjg1876

Good Old Lee Sinnott

Interesting how with Sinnott more than any other manager has fans polarised with their opinions. No more right than the other.

Personally I thought he was unlucky. He perhaps should have walked once V2001 said they wanted him to work with Glover rather than clear everyone out. The two great performances Vale played under his managership was the opening 3-1 win at Luton and a 3-1 win at home to Bournemouth. The 2nd half was quite magical.

However once the confidence and belief within the club had been undermined he was on a doomed journey. not saying he was a great manager by any means, but I like to see people get a fair crack.

Reckon Glover "wins" that accolade!.....without a shadow of doubt (as Sinnott would say!)

The one thing Sinnott, brown and Bruno had that Glover didn’t, was a pre season to build a squad. All three of them made a pigs ear of it, bringing in sub quality players and an unbalanced squad. Making the job of the person who took over so much harder.

The one thing Sinnott, brown and Bruno had that Glover didn’t, was a pre season to build a squad. All three of them made a pigs ear of it, bringing in sub quality players and an unbalanced squad. Making the job of the person who took over so much harder.

"The players he (Sinnott) signed in our pre season were: John McCombe, Rob Taylor, Anthony Griffith, Sam Stockley, Lee Collins, Louis Dodds, Steve Thompson." (Essex Vale)

If the players Sinnot signed in his pre-season are/were considered 'sub-quality' then God help us now! Surely we would have welcomed most of those into this years team with open arms.

He didn’t get them playing though. We went down with a lot less points than last season and got knocked out of the cup by Chasetown whom he the signed Perry and Slater. Clueless manager who was never good enough to manage a league club.

Sinnott never had a chance at Vale. He had so many knives sticking out of his back that he could barely get his shirt on. When the decision was made to sack him, one of the directors wanted to go and have the pleasure of firing the bullet but Bratt, to his credit, wouldn't let him.

One thing Sinnott never did though, was adopt Glover's tactic of playing against ten men with no strikers!!

Sinnott's recruitment was pretty darn good, considering he was working in horrendous conditions.

Boom, Griff, Collins, and Dodds were top signings. 3 of them were in the promotion side, the other one made us a fair bit of money and scored the OG that sent us up. A window where we sign 4 players as good as them this summer will see us challenging at the top of this league.

Taylor and Stockley were also decent buys.

Absolutely useless as has been proved by nis career after leaving vale. Didnt we finish 2nd to bottom only due to the fact that luton were deducted 10 points? If it wasn't due to their deduction we'd have been rock bottom.

and as for the disgrace of chasetown, then signing two of their part time players, unbelievable!

When we start games with slater, perry and Ross Davidson as the spine of your team then you haven’t built a good side. Cherry pick all you want but it was dreadful. Dreadful board, dreadful manager and a dreadful atmosphere all round.

Sinnott never had a chance at Vale. He had so many knives sticking out of his back that he could barely get his shirt on. When the decision was made to sack him, one of the directors wanted to go and have the pleasure of firing the bullet but Bratt, to his credit, wouldn't let him.

One thing Sinnott never did though, was adopt Glover's tactic of playing against ten men with no strikers!!

Jean - we must have a chat about this. Sinnott created the whole sceptic environment-with the help of Josebery, his dad, and his Cheltenham scout who was employed to ferry his dad about. Absolute joke.

The sad thing was that I was instrumental in bringing him to the club. I still have nightmares.

:sad:

As said you can paint it both ways McCombe, Griffith and Dodds all turned out pretty good signings and servants for the club in modern terms. All steady players and they all put a shift in(time wise) for the club which is more than can be said for a lot in this day and age.

Chris Herd was very good on loan too but as said the less said about Slater, Perry and the Chasetown debacle itself(altho Luke Rodgers must take a big chunk of that blame too imo!) the better.

Lee Collins as mentioned was sold for a fee and Rob Taylor although erratic dug us out of some holes and had some excellent games at times considering he came from Nuneaton in non-league.

I have to say I don't think Sinnott was helped by the fact Marc Richards missed most of the relegation season with injury although he was initially a Foyle signing. I remember he scored 5 or 6 at the end when he came back but we were already as good as doomed.

Losing to Macclesfield was the last straw but the problem was we replaced him with an even worse Manager in Glover. MacKenzie and Davidson in midfield still gives me nightmares and Sam Stockley on the right wing when 1-0 down, 3 strikers on the bench and the opposition down to 10 men!:doh:

Jean - we must have a chat about this. Sinnott created the whole sceptic environment-with the help of Josebery, his dad, and his Cheltenham scout who was employed to ferry his dad about. Absolute joke.

The sad thing was that I was instrumental in bringing him to the club. I still have nightmares.

:sad:

Ray, are you denying that some of the directors worked against Sinnott during his time at the club?

Ray, are you denying that some of the directors worked against Sinnott during his time at the club?

can't do with all this 'Ray', 'Jean' stuff. its like an in crowd clique

can't do with all this 'Ray', 'Jean' stuff. its like an in crowd clique

I'm not part of any clique but I've been on this board long enough to know the two respondents' names. Obviously they have as well; if they know them why not use them?

I have mates on here as well and I'd, and maybe they'd, think it rude if I didn't use their names occasionally.

I'm not part of any clique but I've been on this board long enough to know the two respondents' names. Obviously they have as well; if they know them why not use them?

I have mates on here as well and I'd, and maybe they'd, think it rude if I didn't use their names occasionally.

Well said Mel haha