onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Good Old Lee Sinnott

pjg1876

Non-league Gainsborough Trinity had two long-standing records to speak of prior to Saturday's National League North visit to Telford.

In the 145 years since they were first formed in 1873, they had never been promoted and never been relegated.

The Lincolnshire side spent two decades as a Football League club early in their existence, only to suffer the fate of not being re-elected when they finished bottom of Division Two in 1912.

Apart from that, they have only ever moved divisions as a result of league restructuring.

But that all changed when, after being 2-0 up at relegation rivals Telford, they shipped three goals in 15 minutes - and that condemned Lee Sinnott's side to the drop to the Northern Premier League.

"We've not been relegated in 145 years," chairman Richard Kane told BBC Radio Lincolnshire. "But nor have we been promoted either.

"Hopefully, we can go straight back up next season and break another record.

"And Lee Sinnott is definitely in the plans for next season. He's very experienced, he's not paid a fortune and we've seen a difference since he came in. He's not paid a fortune and he likes the club."

Advert

I wish Sinnott no ill. Agree with the comments above, he may have been a crap manager but he certainly didn't have a fair wind in more ways than one during his tenure(V2001(enough for anyone to pull their hair out full stop imo), split opinions, backstabbing etc etc). He actually signed some decent individual players for the club who went on to be part of the promotion team under Adams, who got the best out of them collectively that Sinnott couldn't

As much as his lads reaction to scoring against us earlier this season was idiotic there is clearly some bad blood there possibly passed on by this father about his spell at Vale!?

He's only been at Gainsborough since February and they were in the bottom 3 when he took over. I know nothing about how they're playing but you'd hope any manager would get a crack next season to improve things in that situation? Telford are also a much bigger club than them at that level too(certainly on fanbase alone they get better gates than Accrington sometimes) and are underachieving at that level a little like ourselves in League Two.

Hard to be a good manager when you have people conspiring against you. Never got a fair chance at Vale and hope he turns Gainsborough around.

Was it your partner (or ex-partner, I genuinely have no idea) who was running a series of interviews with LS (or one of his management team at the time) that were scuppered by someone in the club's hierarchy at the time? They were really interesting.

Without doubt Lee Sinnot was badly shafted by the Board at Port Vale. He was undermined by some of the coaches. Let's look at some facts. He was sacked in September when we were 16th in the table. We finished 18th at the end of the season. The players he signed in our pre season were: John McCombe, Rob Taylor, Anthony Griffith, Sam Stockley, Lee Collins, Louis Dodds, Steve Thompson. Those players would go on to make a total of 971 appearances for Port Vale and scored 89 goals. One had to retire from playing, when he was our Captain due to injury. One went for a fee to a Chamnpionship club. All except Steve Thompson gave wonderful service to the club.

By any measure, even Sinnotts harshest critics, would have to acknowledge that he had an eye for a player and his track record in his one and only pre season was excellent. After the season started he took two players on loan Damien McCrory and Tom Taiwo, who were quickly discarded by Dean Glover. Those two went on to make over 400 appearances between them in the English league and Scottish Premier.

His management record away from Vale is decent with a win percentage of over 44%. His win record is far better than the Vale manager who preceded him, and the one who succeeded him.

His style was different, his communication definitely different, the players were very unhappy that he was sacked.

I wish him well at Gainsborough Trinity.

Without doubt Lee Sinnot was badly shafted by the Board at Port Vale. He was undermined by some of the coaches. Let's look at some facts. He was sacked in September when we were 16th in the table. We finished 18th at the end of the season. The players he signed in our pre season were: John McCombe, Rob Taylor, Anthony Griffith, Sam Stockley, Lee Collins, Louis Dodds, Steve Thompson. Those players would go on to make a total of 971 appearances for Port Vale and scored 89 goals. One had to retire from playing, when he was our Captain due to injury. One went for a fee to a Chamnpionship club. All except Steve Thompson gave wonderful service to the club.

By any measure, even Sinnotts harshest critics, would have to acknowledge that he had an eye for a player and his track record in his one and only pre season was excellent. After the season started he took two players on loan Damien McCrory and Tom Taiwo, who were quickly discarded by Dean Glover. Those two went on to make over 400 appearances between them in the English league and Scottish Premier.

His management record away from Vale is decent with a win percentage of over 44%. His win record is far better than the Vale manager who preceded him, and the one who succeeded him.

His style was different, his communication definitely different, the players were very unhappy that he was sacked.

I wish him well at Gainsborough Trinity.

All I'll say about Sinnott is the following:-

Chasetown

Macclesfield Town

Kyle Perry

Chris Slater

Enough said.

All I'll say about Sinnott is the following:-

Chasetown

Macclesfield Town

Kyle Perry

Chris Slater

Enough said.

Chasetown would have been beaten if Luke Rodgers had not launched two penalties into outer space. Perry and Slater were signed mid season when there was no money. Perry had a decent career as a pro. Macc Town was one game where we were stuffed

If we were playing poker I would be happy to put my arguments against yours. It is all about opinion of course but facts should not be dismissed. Lee Sinnott did a decent job and he made some excellent signings. His percentage of good signings was in the high achievement bracket in terms of numbers

Was it your partner (or ex-partner, I genuinely have no idea) who was running a series of interviews with LS (or one of his management team at the time) that were scuppered by someone in the club's hierarchy at the time? They were really interesting.

I think he was the only person to have a shirt with slater on the back. Never seen a player so out of his depth.

As for Sinnott, I’d have put him down as the worst manager we have had until the recent insanity we have gone through. I’d still put him on a par with Bruno and brown. Clueless manager. Picking a couple of players who has half decent lower league careers doesn’t make a good manager. People like to paint him as a great manager who wasn’t allowed to be great, but in truth he was out of his depth and his career has not gone anywhere since.

Chasetown would have been beaten if Luke Rodgers had not launched two penalties into outer space. Perry and Slater were signed mid season when there was no money. Perry had a decent career as a pro. Macc Town was one game where we were stuffed

If we were playing poker I would be happy to put my arguments against yours. It is all about opinion of course but facts should not be dismissed. Lee Sinnott did a decent job and he made some excellent signings. His percentage of good signings was in the high achievement bracket in terms of numbers

Are you his son? Yes he was shafted behind the scenes but was still one of our worst ever managers!

Archived