onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

For anyone unsure about our signings so far this summer just consider the news that Sam Kelly has left Grimsby for the pastures of Hamilton Accies. This shows a) how poor Scottish football is these days and b) how bad a lot of our recruitment was prior to Aspo's arrival. Could you imagine Aspo signing Sam Kelly, a man who doesn't know what a tackle is?

Advert

For anyone unsure about our signings so far this summer just consider the news that Sam Kelly has left Grimsby for the pastures of Hamilton Accies. This shows a) how poor Scottish football is these days and b) how bad a lot of our recruitment was prior to Aspo's arrival. Could you imagine Aspo signing Sam Kelly, a man who doesn't know what a tackle is?

Calvin Andrew has extended his contract at Rochdale until 2020,imagine the aggravation on here if we had resigned him,Matthew would have gone into meltdown.

Calvin Andrew has extended his contract at Rochdale until 2020,imagine the aggravation on here if we had resigned him,Matthew would have gone into meltdown.

Despite his lack of goals he leads the line pretty well and was good at bringing others in to play. Vale fans bang on about needing 20 goals a season players but there aren't lots around. We need a big strong player as cover for Pope.

Someone who meets the bill is Scott Quigley who has told Blackpool he'd like to leave. Did well at Wrexham and is from Shropshire I think. Maybe the additional forward we want and Blackpool may well accept the 35,000 they paid for him last summer.

Does anyone actually care or what Matthew says....?

I’m sure he’s only here for the comedy value (it’s just a shame he’s not funny)

Wow sums up OVFs usual standards. Myself and few others are lunatics for saying Dodds is poor and deserves to rot in the conference....mean while he’s being compared to Bobby Moore by the total sane people......

I find comments like “Dodds is poor and deserves to rot in the Conf”, frankly disgusting when the lad showed loyalty, played for nothing when we were in administration and contributed to a promotion winning side. He’s a solid signing at this level, is creative and can chip in with a few goals which we’ve been sadly lacking over the last couple of seasons. I think he'll do us a job next season.

Does anyone actually care or what Matthew says....?

I’m sure he’s only here for the comedy value (it’s just a shame he’s not funny)

The irony of talking about me and not to me, but not caring what I say 🤣🤣🤣🤣 ok mate

Sound like the stoke fans all desperately telling the world how completely not bothered about the plane they were

I find comments like “Dodds is poor and deserves to rot in the Conf”, frankly disgusting when the lad showed loyalty, played for nothing when we were in administration and contributed to a promotion winning side. He’s a solid signing at this level, is creative and can chip in with a few goals which we’ve been sadly lacking over the last couple of seasons. I think he'll do us a job next season.

Cool you join the rest of the sheep in lapping him up

This is now starting to look as though we have replaced some of the dross with decent players. Because of contractual restraints we still have garbage taking up places in the Squad. I think we will have a competitive first eleven but a soft underbelly if we have any injuries.

So you mean like most sides in the league then? You're being completely unrealistic to expect that any League Two side will have a good squad.

So you mean like most sides in the league then? You're being completely unrealistic to expect that any League Two side will have a good squad.

Vale fans in unrealistic expectations shocker! :smile:

Basically at this level we can't afford to have 2 players for every position like a premier league side. Just got to hope those in the squad can come in and do a job, or we get lucky like we did with Montano switching position.

I think we will pay up the three transfer listed personally.

We have a strong XI now and hopefully a couple more signings will pad that out with some depth.

We have started to have some depth.

Two decent enough keepers

Centre halves currently have three plus Kay if needed and likely to get another.

Left Back with have Montano and Pugh (could do with a better understudy with Monty's injuries, Knopps maybe, as he can play CH too)

Right Back is Gibbons and probably need another there to cover

Strikers we have two plus Dodds who can go in the number 10 with one more due in and Angus and Turner

Central midfield we have plenty of options with Joyce, Hannant, Oyeleke, Tonge, Kay, Pugh, Worrall can play there

Wingers we are a bit short, Worrall and the lad from Alfreton, plus Dodds can play there if needed and Hanno.

I think we need:

1 Centre Half

1 Striker

1 Winger

1 Full Back ideally capable of playing L or R

If Dodds isnt costing us much hopefully leaves 2-3 places still plus the odd Loan so its doable. I really hope Knopps can prove his fitness and quality too as he can cover LB and CB and was decent for us.

Archived