onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Knopps isn't fit though. Raglan wants to play for Vale and knows Nathan Smith.

So does Smith's mum, but nobody is suggesting we sign her:wink:

The question really is did he show enough while he was here to be worth signing. He had some reasonable and some poor games, never thought he looked really good. I didn't see him play a game where I thought he was a player I'd really want the club to sign. Knopps is fit but the question is will he come back as strong as when he got the injury.

Advert

Raglan wouldn't be one I would want. We have Smith, Legge and Rawlinson for CH. Were we to be very unlucky with injury etc then at a push Kay could fill in for the odd game. Only the odd game mind you as he wasn't great in that position.

Can't remember the opposition but Raglan had an absolute mare at right back one game and was torn a new one. Looked no better than Davis at RB in my opinion.

The analogy he knows Nathan Smith is a pretty bizarre reason to sign a player.

Smith goes to my barber in Newcastle, I have said ay up to him .

Believe you me you wouldn't want me in the squad .

Would have Raglan back especially if it was as part of some sort of loan deal where we are paying barely any of his wages. He would be good cover at centre back and right back.

Would also really like to see Knopps given a chance even if it was just a 6 month deal as he can cover at left back or centre back and if we are having a smaller squad then we need players who are versatile. If those 2 signed then our back line is sorted, with decent cover.

Still think we need another central midfielder or even 2; one an all rounder and then a more attacking option who could potentially play wide, Waters would have fit this description.

We will probably need another striker as well but I can’t see us bringing one in unless we can get rid of Barnett. Although with better service could Barnett still come good? He might be very lazy but he’s done well at this level previously so he must have something. Maybe Milller coming in as competition will give him a kick up the arse.

I don’t know, but I guess that like the other foreign contingent Knopps signed on big wages.

He would expect similar if he re-signed.

Good player no doubt, but I’d be worried that he would be capable of staying fully fit after recovering from such a serious injury.

Dave , the answer to your question on Barnett is an emphatic No.

His career has steadily tailed off and his stats at Wimbledon were poor prior to signing.

He never once had me saying let's bring Barnett on he'll be a threat and could get us a goal.

Offered very very little, now a year older.

Can see him at Sutton or Ebbsfleet with the wastrel Wilson.

Barnett has had his day , we need to move him out.

Harsh yes but that's football

Went to club shop to buy new home shirt, door was being held open because of the queue to buy season tickets!

That marketing dept is a joke.Were they not serving filled oatcakes with tea or coffee to those in the queue.Looks like SEO 2 is working.:ohmy:

Raglan wouldn't be one I would want. We have Smith, Legge and Rawlinson for CH. Were we to be very unlucky with injury etc then at a push Kay could fill in for the odd game. Only the odd game mind you as he wasn't great in that position.

Can't remember the opposition but Raglan had an absolute mare at right back one game and was torn a new one. Looked no better than Davis at RB in my opinion.

The analogy he knows Nathan Smith is a pretty bizarre reason to sign a player.

Smith goes to my barber in Newcastle, I have said ay up to him .

Believe you me you wouldn't want me in the squad .

I meant that they played together at youth level really. Did you?

All the talk about Raglan, I'd check out Remi Streete first because if he's fit he's a very good player. TBH Raglan didn't impress me last season.

Brown (I think could have been Smurthwaite) allegedly told people in the pub, then denied It, that Streete had a chronic knee problem and wouldn't play football professionally again. If it's a chronic condition rather than something caused by an injury he'll never be able to last a whole season no matter what treatment he's had. You'd really need to trust a doctor to sign him.

Brown (I think could have been Smurthwaite) allegedly told people in the pub, then denied It, that Streete had a chronic knee problem and wouldn't play football professionally again. If it's a chronic condition rather than something caused by an injury he'll never be able to last a whole season no matter what treatment he's had. You'd really need to trust a doctor to sign him.
You're right but given the claim he's had an op and is now recovered surely he's worth checking out?

Archived