onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player contracts

PV1993

History tells us that not all the first year pros will get renewed. Mike Calveley is the only one to feature this year for us and my money would be on him to be renewed.

I think those that won't be renewed who's contract is up are:

Regis

Reeves

Knopps

Turner

Forrester

Kelly

One of Pugh or Tonge

Dennis

Walford

Slinn

Middleton

Yates obviously

Of those under contract I think we'll also look to off load:

Lainton

and possibly Kay

So you would keep Boot, even though his contract is up? He made some decent saves at Wycombe, but 99% of this board has wanted him gone (including myself) since I can't even remember when, but one decent match suddenly warrants him a new contract? :unsure:

Advert

So you would keep Boot, even though his contract is up? He made some decent saves at Wycombe, but 99% of this board has wanted him gone (including myself) since I can't even remember when, but one decent match suddenly warrants him a new contract? :unsure:

Why should I follow what this supposed 99% of this board want? I have my own mind.

IMO we will replace him as number 1 and we will get a more experienced and less injury prone keeper in than Lainton and then Boot will be number 2 again.

Why should I follow what this supposed 99% of this board want? I have my own mind.

IMO we will replace him as number 1 and we will get a more experienced and less injury prone keeper in than Lainton and then Boot will be number 2 again.

Okay badly worded on my part!

All I meant to say is: we need a new no. 1 BADLY! Boot has shown time and time again, that he defo isn't the current solution! Neither do I think Aspo thinks he is next season. His luck is, that Lainton is in more senses than one, an accident waiting to happen.

So I agree, we need to replace him as no. 1. Whether Boot will accept a new contract, knowingly going back to being no. 2 is really up to him. I surely won't miss him!

Not that I don't like the guy, I just almost feel sorry for him, because he's obviously in so way over his head, that it's almost beyond belief.

Okay badly worded on my part!

All I meant to say is: we need a new no. 1 BADLY! Boot has shown time and time again, that he defo isn't the current solution! Neither do I think Aspo thinks he is next season. His luck is, that Lainton is in more senses than one, an accident waiting to happen.

So I agree, we need to replace him as no. 1. Whether Boot will accept a new contract, knowingly going back to being no. 2 is really up to him. I surely won't miss him!

Not that I don't like the guy, I just almost feel sorry for him, because he's obviously in so way over his head, that it's almost beyond belief.

Very true he may not accept a new deal if ones offered. Its clear we need an experienced number one. We can't rely on loan signings and Aspins had to chuck him in to see if he sinks or swims.

Looks like Sam Foley is heading for his third relegation on the trot with Northampton,mind you I'd have him back in a flash if he was available?He'd certainly give us some legs in midfield.

Staggering how he's been so unlucky, both us and Northampton having an off-the-field shambles as he's at the club.

A good player and a good bloke, still tweets about us. Probably above us.

Staggering how he's been so unlucky, both us and Northampton having an off-the-field shambles as he's at the club.

A good player and a good bloke, still tweets about us. Probably above us.

Yes,you can't blame him for wanting to play at an higher level.

Ten or twelve will most likely be gone before next season starts.

About eight replacements will be needed.

Neil Asplin will no doubt bring in a couple or more from none league. Then he may be having to scratch around because I can't see the sweety jar being opened very much at all. Smurf like to put more sweets in the jar that what he takes out.

History tells us that not all the first year pros will get renewed. Mike Calveley is the only one to feature this year for us and my money would be on him to be renewed.

I think those that won't be renewed who's contract is up are:

Regis

Reeves

Knopps

Turner

Forrester

Kelly

One of Pugh or Tonge

Dennis

Walford

Slinn

Middleton

Yates obviously

Of those under contract I think we'll also look to off load:

Lainton

and possibly Kay

I think it's easier to list who you'd want to keep under contract or not!

They are:-

Gibbons

Montano

Smith

Worrall

Kay

Hannant

Pope

Turner

Hornby or Boot as back-up Keeper

Try to sign Whitfield and Howkins

Howe (strange he's not played?)

Offer Knopps a deal if he is anything like nearing fitness - deserves it

Add another 10 players, mixture of quality non league and experience, supplement squad during season with loans if need be

The rest for me would be gone asap even if it means paying them up

Some of that is wrong, the first year pros Luke Dennis & Charlie Walford are defintiely up this summer. I believe the keeper Slinn is too.

Luke Dennis, Charlie Walford and Mike Calveley definitely up in 2018. Slinn also up although he has an option of a further year (whatever that may mean).

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/portvaleacademy/news/meet-port-vales-new-professionals-1870733.html

The sentinel has a complete list today of whos contract is up when.

PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT SUMMER 2018

Ryan Boot

Joe Slinn

Kjell Knops

Charlie Walford

Luke Dennis

Harry Middleton

Graham Kelly

Billy Reeves

Mike Calveley

Michael Tonge

Anton Forrester

Chris Regis

Dan Turner

Danny Pugh

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL THE SUMMER OF 2019

Rob Lainton

Sam Hornby

Callum Howe

Joe Davis

Antony Kay

David Worrall

Luke Hannant

Tom Pope

Cristian Montano

Tyrone Barnett

Dior Angus

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL THE SUMMER OF 2020

Nathan Smith

James Gibbons

PLAYERS ON LOAN AND DUE TO RETURN TO THEIR PARENT CLUBS AT THE END OF THIS SEASON

Charlie Raglan (Oxford)

Zak Jules (Shrewsbury)

Donovan Wilson (Wolves)

Kyle Howkins (West Brom)

Marcus Harness (Burton)

Ben Whitfield (Bournemouth)

The sentinel has a complete list today of whos contract is up when.

PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT SUMMER 2018

Ryan Boot

Joe Slinn

Kjell Knops

Charlie Walford

Luke Dennis

Harry Middleton

Graham Kelly

Billy Reeves

Mike Calveley

Michael Tonge

Anton Forrester

Chris Regis

Dan Turner

Danny Pugh

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL THE SUMMER OF 2019

Rob Lainton

Sam Hornby

Callum Howe

Joe Davis

Antony Kay

David Worrall

Luke Hannant

Tom Pope

Cristian Montano

Tyrone Barnett

Dior Angus

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL THE SUMMER OF 2020

Nathan Smith

James Gibbons

PLAYERS ON LOAN AND DUE TO RETURN TO THEIR PARENT CLUBS AT THE END OF THIS SEASON

Charlie Raglan (Oxford)

Zak Jules (Shrewsbury)

Donovan Wilson (Wolves)

Kyle Howkins (West Brom)

Marcus Harness (Burton)

Ben Whitfield (Bournemouth)

It wouldn't surprise me if all of those who will no longer be under contract were released.

Archived