onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player contracts

PV1993

Advert

I agree with Inny. A few will be angry if Turner is released but Aspo not really given him a sniff.

Personally those under contract who can go are Lainton and Barnett. I'd keep Kay as he is an organiser and steady Eddy . Decent to have around the squad , and he can be the elder statesman as surely Aspo wouldn't go with him, Tonge and Pugh again next season.

Regis clearly doesn't want to be a footballer as possibly his attitude stinks reading between the lines.

Massive summer and then Aspin can be judged. We can all moan and whine and I've done my share but he inherited a totally disjointed bag of you know what from Brown.

Roll on August and a new start.

PS .....add Davis to the pay contract up list, forgot about him.

Hes just a squad filler, but I could see Aspin keeping him.

Will he keep at least one of Kay, Tonge and Pugh? I think he might.

As for players for the future..... I hear what you're saying about Turner as fans seem to like him, especially as he has 3 goals to his name this season, but to me hes in the same boat as someone like Angus in needing a bit of time to develop. We usually sign at least one of the first year pros on another deal too.

Summer 2016 - Massive overhaul in the playing squad as the Bruno Experiment starts

January 2017 - Overhaul of players as the Bruno Experiment fails. Best players leave and are not replaced

Summer 2017 - Overhaul of players as Brown brings his own in on a reduced budget

January 2018 - Aspin tries to bring his own players in and keep what he has.

Summer 2018 - Massive overhaul of players.

No wonder we are in the mire.

Why should I follow what this supposed 99% of this board want? I have my own mind.

IMO we will replace him as number 1 and we will get a more experienced and less injury prone keeper in than Lainton and then Boot will be number 2 again.

Boot has had his chance and blew it.

Hornby will be kept as number 2 and hopefully if we can offload Lainton a new reliable keeper can be bought in.

Is Chris Neal out of contract at Fleetwood.

Got be other keepers bar Chris Neal as much as I liked him, best since Goodlad.

The Crawley keeper was decent, I also like the Accy keeper , though realistically none of those would come to Vale in a month of Sundays.

Surely to goodness there is a decent keeper with L1 or L2 experience without us continually dipping into the well and coming up with the name Chris Neal.

As I said best keeper in a decade at Vale but I can't see a chance of him coming back here. Who knows I might be totally wrong....won't be the first or last time

I actually think the 14 who are under contract beyond this season form the basis of a decent squad. All the players you'd want to retain - Pope, Worrall, Smith, Hannant, Monty et al - are all there, and there's not a single player who is out of contract that you can say deserves to be offered any renewed terms. Some would argue for Boot, but I really don;t see him making it in the professional game.

If we add 6 new permanent signings, plus a couple on loan we start the season on 22 players, mostly quality. If we start next season with anything over 25 players contracted I'll be unhappy.

Boot has had his chance and blew it.

Hornby will be kept as number 2 and hopefully if we can offload Lainton a new reliable keeper can be bought in.

Is Chris Neal out of contract at Fleetwood.

Jak's still getting splinters on the bench at Rangers,any chance of getting him back on loan or is he just happy to pick up a bigger wage every week?

Keep-Pope,Gibbons,Smith,Montano,Worrall,Hannant,Howe and Angus.

The rest Can Go.

Brutal. I don't think we'll have a clear out to that extent but I think we may be in double figures for the amount of players leaving (not counting the loans going back).

This summer is another rebuilding job, another period for new players to settle and maybe even a little bit of time for a team to bed in.

Look at the team that played at the weekend and we'll need another keeper, centre half, left back, 2 centre midfielders, left wing, a forward and maybe even someone who can play number ten.

Id give Dan Turner a contract as he is still learning the game .

Then id build a team which has more of the likes of Hannant than Forrester .

Hard work costs nothing Anton forrester has the talent but has he the application .

Id c if could move on the in contract players aswell i think two years was a big risk with some of them .

Is Barnett being any better than reggie ,i think reggie would have being a revelation with Pope because of his unpredictability .

Like i say not up to me i only judge on what i see its up to Aspo but its irrelevant until we know what league we hoing be in .

Our fate is uncertain

Archived