onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Agree 100%.

If Labour had the balls to proclaim they would reverse the leave vote if they were elected to Government and the Tories promised to honour the leave vote, another election would solve the impasse as long as one of them could form a Government majority or with like minded minority parties. No 'meaningful vote', no debate, no legal challenge, Parliament and the nation accept the manifesto of the elected Government.

I'm struggling to see any other solution, other than a ridiculously self-destructive no deal.

Please don't suggest a second referendum, the result of which will never be accepted by the losing side and will never gain acceptance from the self important loons in Westminster.

Ok so what did we vote for? We voted to leave but HOW? Certainly not for a suicidal no deal. As a politician put it this morning we voted to leave the house not the neighbourhood.

After last night's vote from our MP's it seems no deal is now the only option?

Ok so what did we vote for? We voted to leave but HOW? Certainly not for a suicidal no deal. As a politician put it this morning we voted to leave the house not the neighbourhood.

We voted to leave.

Simple as that.

Soft brexit, like your neighborhood thing does not exist. We voted to LEAVE.

Leave does not mean to accept any of the EU institutions as sovereign over the UK.

That's what we voted for. Any form of "Soft brexit" is not brexit at all.

I said it hundreds of pages ago in this thread but I hope the people who will stop at nothing to reverse the will of people are ready for the constitutional disaster it will create. Talk about brexiteers having no plan, these ****** are ready to flush democracy down the toilet to get their way.

You must have voted on a different paper than me.

We voted to leave.

Simple as that.

Soft brexit, like your neighborhood thing does not exist. We voted to LEAVE.

Leave does not mean to accept any of the EU institutions as sovereign over the UK.

That's what we voted for. Any form of "Soft brexit" is not brexit at all.

I said it hundreds of pages ago in this thread but I hope the people who will stop at nothing to reverse the will of people are ready for the constitutional disaster it will create. Talk about brexiteers having no plan, these ****** are ready to flush democracy down the toilet to get their way.

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?25700-UK-Independence-Day-23-June-2016&highlight=Referendum

It's fascinating to read this thread from the day after the Referendum. Especially the bit where Regal says that within two years there will be EU members queueing up to leave! And all the stuff about "taking back control". Has anyone ever seen a government less in control than the bunch of lunatics that currently occupy the corridors of power?

The whole farce is a complete and utter shambles. May almost makes Smuthwaite look like he knows what he's doing.

All stems down to the fact the majority of MPs want us to remain and will do everything in their power to prevent a Brexit in any form, not helped by the fact that the Prime Minister doesn’t want us to leave either.

I cannot see us leaving or certainly not what people voted for. Most likely stall the supposed Brexit leaving further uncertainty and then end up with another referendum.

Leave voters had no idea of what the the process of leaving the EU would entail, what it would involve and what the costs would be and by the looks of it neither did many MP's or government officials.

As a remainer I would like to see a 2nd referendum with two questions on the ballot, Hard Brexit or Remain. Before anyone shouts "That would be the end of democracy in the UK", well IMHO it is already dead or at the very least running around with a bag on it's head.

Compared to remaining, I see no point in May's deal, no seat at the table but still having to pay and accept EU rules and regulations. If the result of a 2nd referendum is a Hard Brexit the UK should make it clear it will keep the border between NI and Ireland as it is now and that put's the ball squarely in the EU's court on the NI border issue.

No Deal (thankfully) isn't going to happen.

It's a Soft Brexit or a People's Vote.

You know it makes sense. :wink:

I wouldn’t be so certain as that depends on the EU allowing us an extension.

Soft Brexit and a people’s vote as the only options render the last 2+ years as a complete and utter waste of time, how much has this cost the UK in that time?

I wouldn’t be so certain as that depends on the EU allowing us an extension.

Soft Brexit and a people’s vote as the only options render the last 2+ years as a complete and utter waste of time, how much has this cost the UK in that time?

Worst bunch of losers in parliament we've ever had.

Archived