onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

We miss Gavin Gunning because he’s better than what we have at the club in his role. It really is as simple as that. Now that doesn’t mean he’s outstanding and worthy of a two year deal on £1,500 a week but if you don’t replace him with better or as good which we clearly have not then your weaker as a team.

We’re a poor team, have been all season despite a good 4/5 games in December we are where we deserve to be and the table doesn’t lie.

Bruno brown and Aspin have filled the club with players who are cheap and not good enough in the hope that he gets results. It doesn’t work like that sadly.

Worrying times, if we don’t go this year we certainly will next season.

Sell up Norman now

Advert

The number of dreadful goal-costing individual mistakes our players are making is frightening, it's the main reason we can't buy a win at the moment (not that Norman would pay for one). How the management team eradicate that in the near future without the ability to change the squad Im not sure but something has to be done. All three goals conceded yesterday were very poor. No one tracked Richards into the area for their first and he just did the striker's classic of moving into space unchallenged allowing him to pick his spot with the header. The second, well, like something from the park on a Sunday morning, are Boot & Lainton in a contest for most appearances on You've Been Framed? The third was a little unfortunate in so much as it looped up and fell in the net which wasn't what Mullin intended but it happened because he beat Smith to the ball, last season Nathan would have had that in row Z.

The rest of the season will likely be just as unpleasant as it has been to date and Aspo will do well to squeeze enough out of the players he has to get us to safety. What he'll be able to do in the summer to rebuild will, unfortunately, be down to the Great Dictator, Over - waite.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I was there and I thought we were *****. Swindon were woeful on the day and yet still beat us and put three past us. Defending well enough for some of the game is absolutely pointless when you have players making mistakes left, right and centre and concede three goals. Not one single person here, perhaps other than yourself, would ever pick Tonge and Pugh together in the middle of the park and yet Aspin seems to love the idea of playing two of Tonge, Pugh and Kay there, meaning we get over-run in midfield time and again.

Not sure who has also been calling for him to be sacked either other than MickyFerns, so it seems you've completely made that part up! But Aspin's team selections and substitutes leave a lot to be desired, and have been progressively getting worse.

No surprise there then,MF is obviously a sad Sjokey Troll.

This woeful run can almost 100% be attributed to the lack of competence we have at GK and LB.

Pugh at fault for 2 goals at Stanley, Lainton's shambles at Cheltenham, Boot's inability to kick a bill yesterday, Montano being played out of position.

That's 3 games lost as we didn't strengthen the 2 most obviously deficient positions in the squad.

Obviously Norm shafted Aspo with the budget but its still damning that not not even a young lad was brought in on loan to plug the LB hole.

Don't get me wrong I still back Aspo 100% but everyone on here was crying out for a GK and a left back in the window. Either Aspo thought otherwise, or our budget is even less competitive than we thought.

The analysis of the goals by Source of the Trent is spot on. Howson and Smith were guilty of ball watching and allowed Marc Richards an unchallenged run for their first. I think because we do not have a goalkeeper who commands the area and owns the jersey that does not give the defence any confidence. Nathan Smith desperately needs an experienced man next to him telling him what to do.

We are clearly lacking leadership at the back. It is hard to point the finger of blame at the coaching team. It is almost impossible to legislate against the number and type of errors. The simple failure to put any pressure at all on Marc Richards for the first goal, and turning their backs on him to run towards the man with the ball is school boy stuff. I am sure that Neil Aspin despairs of it even more than we do.

Smith isn't big. If he isn't big he must be very strong and quick. But he isn't either. I give that he is persistent and professional in tackling. Looking at goals on TV. Goal 1. Richards is 12 yards out, the keeper should save 9 from 10 at that distance. Goal 2, keeper kicking error. I can forgive this occasionally but this is a regular Boot problem and it is not just a miskick, he is trying to distribute via a type of kick he doesn't have the skill for. Third goal is lucky but also poor defence. Block the shot to goal & shepherd away.

I think it’s clear we need a leader at centre half and a leader of a goalkeeper too. But we don’t have that and so we’ll have to make do til the end of the season. Look at the inexperience in that back 4 yesterday in both half’s. It’s a pity those mistakes were in there because outside of those I don’t think they did too badly at all.

Keep up the good work... Have you noticed our form since that home game against Luton?...But he's done little so far to make me think that he's this saviour of the club as some people seem to. He's a bang average lower league manager which is what we're stuck with.

It isn't right or fair to look at just a few games, in isolation and out of context, to see whether he's done a good job or not? Under Brown we got 5pts from 11 which included a run of 6 consecutive defeats; under Aspin: 29pts from 22 games - almost 6 times the number of points from just double the number of games. Even in this worst sequence of results, he's still got 1 more point from 8 games than Brown did from 10. Not sure how you can justify saying he's not done/doing a good job - unless you're just desperate to whinge about something?

It isn't right or fair to look at just a few games, in isolation and out of context, to see whether he's done a good job or not? Under Brown we got 5pts from 11 which included a run of 6 consecutive defeats; under Aspin: 29pts from 22 games - almost 6 times the number of points from just double the number of games. Even in this worst sequence of results, he's still got 1 more point from 8 games than Brown did from 10. Not sure how you can justify saying he's not done/doing a good job - unless you're just desperate to whinge about something?

I like Neil Aspin and his back room team. I think he has a web of difficult problems to solve. He just has to keep trying to push the ceiling back up where the big leak is for now. To do more than that needs the end of the season and the ability to refurbish the house. At that point we need to be as well managed in all senses as Accrington Stanley and / or we need the current owner to commit to the job with a bigger budget or he needs to sell to a good buyer. I am not going to renew my season ticket until the situation clarifies.

I like Neil Aspin and his back room team. I think he has a web of difficult problems to solve. He just has to keep trying to push the ceiling back up where the big leak is for now. To do more than that needs the end of the season and the ability to refurbish the house. At that point we need to be as well managed in all senses as Accrington Stanley and / or we need the current owner to commit to the job with a bigger budget or he needs to sell to a good buyer. I am not going to renew my season ticket until the situation clarifies.

Same here I won't be renewing until I know we are safe and things look brighter.That will help to keep my money away from Smurfs bungling ideas and hopefully if he goes supports the new owners to invest some money to improve the team.

Hopefully Aspin can get rid of some of the dead wood and bring in a few seasoned pro,s.

Archived