onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worst pitch in league football and the National league

Tinheadman

Advert

Ask anyone who's ever played football what type of pitch they would prefer to play on, the answer from the vast majority would be a flat, grass pitch on which the ball ran true, certainly not a cabbage patch, full of divots on which the ball bobbles incessantly.

Ask anyone who's ever played football what type of pitch they would prefer to play on, the answer from the vast majority would be a flat, grass pitch on which the ball ran true, certainly not a cabbage patch, full of divots on which the ball bobbles incessantly.

It wont make a scrap of difference if the pitch was better than Wembley....Vale play a direct style to suit Tom Pope

Its catch 22...we have no one better up front and he cannot play a game at pace

In another years time we will be playing in the National league still lumping it up to Pope

I watched Barcelona play Espanyol on a flooded pitch last weekend. Vale Park seems to be playable, it is heavy, has a divit problem but it is not rutted or a sandpit nor is it holding standing water. I have seen a lot worse.

Most top level pitches are a mixture of grass and artificial. Watched Montrose play on Astro Turf last Summer and that was a good game causing me to suspend my opposition to it to some degree.

It wont make a scrap of difference if the pitch was better than Wembley....Vale play a direct style to suit Tom Pope

Its catch 22...we have no one better up front and he cannot play a game at pace

In another years time we will be playing in the National league still lumping it up to Pope

Every style of football is affected by playing on a "Cut up/divot ridden pitch". Every time a player makes a pass/cross if the ball hits a divot and bobbles just as it's about to be kicked the ball will deviate and not go where intended. Same when a player runs/dribbles with a ball.

Why do Lge 1 and 2 clubs generally doctor pitches so they cut up more easily when they play teams with a higher skill level in cup competitions. Prem Lge clubs, who generally have higher skilled players then lower Lge teams, generate pitches like carpets so these players can use/have the best chance of using their inherent skill.

I watched Barcelona play Espanyol on a flooded pitch last weekend. Vale Park seems to be playable, it is heavy, has a divit problem but it is not rutted or a sandpit nor is it holding standing water. I have seen a lot worse.

Playing on a wet, solid pitch that is not prone to forming divots is better than playing on on a soft pitch than easily cuts up. Some clubs water the surface of a hard, dry pitch so the ball runs a tad faster and "truer" to make the game faster and better.

Most top level pitches are a mixture of grass and artificial. Watched Montrose play on Astro Turf last Summer and that was a good game causing me to suspend my opposition to it to some degree.

IMHO Even the best artificial pitches still do not have the characteristics of grass and until they do, if ever they will, should never be used for professional football.

IMHO Even the best artificial pitches still do not have the characteristics of grass and until they do, if ever they will, should never be used for professional football.

But they are already approved and used in FIFA and UEFA matches.They will come to the EFL and would be a great opportunity the clubs like ours. Watching a game on 3g isn't much different to a premier league pitch...a carpet!

But they are already approved and used in FIFA and UEFA matches.They will come to the EFL and would be a great opportunity the clubs like ours. Watching a game on 3g isn't much different to a premier league pitch...a carpet!

Just my opinion LV, these pitches seem to defy the laws of physics as the ball appears to increase in speed when rolling and the ball bounces higher than on grass. I've watched MLS soccer on them and despite skillful players the games are generally horrid.

Also see more injuries, the surfaces are not as forgiving as grass.

What do the ground staff actually do I was told by 5 players the pitch is that bad they can't pass, run, or simply play any football on it. I know speedy has been here years but the pitch is a disgrace.

I think Rochdale's pitch is the worst in the League although I agree we're probably in the bottom half dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

When I was young lad around 1967 I thought football at vale was played on grass in the summer and sand on the winter, the pitch was like a dessert there was that much sand on it, and in the corner where the police box is now was a mountain of sand that we used play on at reserve team games (having sneaked in the ground) . Then you would here a shout Dennis is coming and all the kids would run in different directions. You wouldn’t want get caught by Dennis the grounds man , he was very strict

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Tottenham not happy with Rochdale’s pitch for the FA cup match. They may consider providing funding to improve it because the game.

Where the prima donnas of the PL are concerned nothing surprises me anymore because they do whatever it takes to win a game. They have no respect whatsoever for lower league teams, and even less for what was once the golden prize of English football - the F.A. Cup.

So after funding the 'repair' of Rochdale's pitch what then - they will probably add insult to injury by turning up with a team full of reserve players.

No, this should not be allowed. This is Rochdale's big chance of another big payday - even though such a payday would pale compared to the weekly wages paid to individual 'Spurs players.

Where the prima donnas of the PL are concerned nothing surprises me anymore because they do whatever it takes to win a game. They have no respect whatsoever for lower league teams, and even less for what was once the golden prize of English football - the F.A. Cup.

So after funding the 'repair' of Rochdale's pitch what then - they will probably add insult to injury by turning up with a team full of reserve players.

No, this should not be allowed. This is Rochdale's big chance of another big payday - even though such a payday would pale compared to the weekly wages paid to individual 'Spurs players.

The Greed is Good League again , trying to bully it’s way . Off topic, but I was surprised to hear Gary Birtles say the other night that he was delighted to see Chelsea U-23’s reach the semi-final of the

EFL Trophy, as it presented a great opportunity for the young players.

I have a lot of respect for him , but it has dwindled somewhat after that .

Rochdale may cause an upset here. Newport almost did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived