onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worst pitch in league football and the National league

Tinheadman

Where the prima donnas of the PL are concerned nothing surprises me anymore because they do whatever it takes to win a game. They have no respect whatsoever for lower league teams, and even less for what was once the golden prize of English football - the F.A. Cup.

So after funding the 'repair' of Rochdale's pitch what then - they will probably add insult to injury by turning up with a team full of reserve players.

No, this should not be allowed. This is Rochdale's big chance of another big payday - even though such a payday would pale compared to the weekly wages paid to individual 'Spurs players.

Just heard about this on talk Sport,, they said that spurs manager didn't want to do the pitch he wanted it moving to another stadium where the pitch is better-- one of the presenters (talks about orient a lot) says what a disgrace if the pitch is playable & safe the ref deems this so the tie should go ahead as it is-

had to laugh as they read texts out with the gist being if spurs players dive like at anfield at least they will have a soft landing

What ever happened to home advantage - whether that's a heavy pitch or slightly longer grass or a smaller or larger pitch - its the same for both teams up to the plastic team to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in - prob is they are used to a no contact sport -let em have a taste of real footy again the same as Newport did at home

Advert

This is very typical of the way the FA Premier League greed brigade think, none of the immense finances are filtered down the football structure. It wouldn't kill them or even make any realistic differences to their finances to cascade money downwards through initiatives like pitch improvement funds which have to be specifically used for such reasons, or stadium improvement grants. They don't even put anything worth talking about into schools football or Ladsanddads which is the ultimate grass roots level and which could yield them stars of the future as it did for many years in the past. It's all part of why the national team doesn't perform well even though we have the richest top division in the world and have done for a generation.

Drivel about the Premier League above. This is competitive sport and competitive business.

Whilst it is competitive sport and competitive business that business depends on competition to keep it's customers interested, otherwise t will be like Scotland or a few other leagues where there is total domination by one or two clubs who attract decent crowds and everyone else just about survives and their fans give up hope over time and crowds dwindle away as they slowly die. Is the business football or is it just individual clubs? If it's the latter then we all need to prepare for the inevitable results of free market business whereby there will be a European 'super league' and the vast majority of clubs will be left behind in a world with massively reduced TV revenues as the money concentrates ever further on the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, Man Utd, Chelsea, etc. There's a good reason why US 'sports entertainment' companies are buying European football clubs.

Personally, this disappoints me but if that's how it is and the English FA don't care why should I? It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect money in the 'business' to be invested in that 'business'.

Go on Rochdale get it playedon that pudding of a pitch and knock them out for having the audacity to change whats meant be .

Footballers hey lol some games our players have come off the pitch with cleaner kit than they had whenthey take to the field .

What does that tell you ?

It tells me they have not got the fight for a fight or our pitch would never get a mention .

As it is 22 men on the day the best most up for it 11 win unless your goal lives a charmed life .

They ought knock the ground down in my opinion 4000 in a whatever capacity it is .

Start again they did when they moved from Hanley .

UTV

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
I think Rochdale's pitch is the worst in the League although I agree we're probably in the bottom half dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Have you seen it today ? Can you imagine Smurf forking out £500m to sort our pitch out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/16/mauricio-pochettino-apologises-rochdale-claiming-spotland-pitch/

Have you seen it today ? Can you imagine Smurf forking out £500m to sort our pitch out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/16/mauricio-pochettino-apologises-rochdale-claiming-spotland-pitch/

It's been relaid this week at great cost in time for the Cup game. But when you're making £350k from the game you can afford to do so.

http://sport.bt.com/football/relaid-rochdale-pitch-looks-beautiful-says-chairman-S11364250959505

It's been relaid this week at great cost in time for the Cup game. But when you're making £350k from the game you can afford to do so.

http://sport.bt.com/football/relaid-rochdale-pitch-looks-beautiful-says-chairman-S11364250959505

If we were making £350k from a cup game, do you think we would spend it on the pitch ?

If we were making £350k from a cup game, do you think we would spend it on the pitch ?

Rochdale are bottom of league one, 11 points off safety.

Where are all the 27-29 year old match fit championship players that their chairman should have been paying over the odds for in january?

Where was the investment in the pitch for last 12 months to avoid it becoming a national laughing stock and having to be replaced for £500k?

I'm sure Rochdale fans are delighted that they've had to spend that money on a bit of grass rather than their squad.

Seen some highlights, Burton have tractor lines , doncasters looks like sandy beech in penalty srea , some told me bradfords pitch was bad --par for the course in lower league footy- it aint done accy any harm.

hope spurs lose the same as prem team v lower league opposition but especially as they moaned about the pitch- they cant expect the same facilities when the prem teams rake up all the cash

Rochdale are bottom of league one, 11 points off safety.

Where are all the 27-29 year old match fit championship players that their chairman should have been paying over the odds for in january?

Where was the investment in the pitch for last 12 months to avoid it becoming a national laughing stock and having to be replaced for £500k?

I'm sure Rochdale fans are delighted that they've had to spend that money on a bit of grass rather than their squad.

I don't believe for one minute that Rochdale have spent £500,000 on the pitch. If they've had to pay that out for a week's work and a bit of grass they've been robbed.

Archived