onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Best away day?

Danish Valiant

I was at Accy yesterday and now I can’t wait to come back! So I’m beginning to plan my next trip.

So I would like to get some input from the seasoned fans in the know, as to what is the very BEST day out? (Apart from Crewe, cause that can’t be done).

Hoping for some good advice of the best experiences to have 😊

Cheers guys 😊

Advert

I was at Accy yesterday and now I can’t wait to come back! So I’m beginning to plan my next trip.

So I would like to get some input from the seasoned fans in the know, as to what is the very BEST day out? (Apart from Crewe, cause that can’t be done).

Hoping for some good advice of the best experiences to have ��

Cheers guys ��

I guess everyone has different opinion Danish. For example Accrington would be way down my list.

If you are a guy who likes a few beers before the game then i'd say Notts County, easily accesible by train, plenty of pubs and a roof over us to get an atmosphere going.

Each game has it's merits , also just my opinion is Crewe is a dreadful away game.

Chesterfield is another favourite day of mine despite the fact we always seem to get beaten.

If as it looks likely it is for this season,my first suggestion would be the last game at Cambridge or the penultimate away game at Mansfield, both should have reasonable Vale away followings.

I guess everyone has different opinion Danish. For example Accrington would be way down my list.

If you are a guy who likes a few beers before the game then i'd say Notts County, easily accesible by train, plenty of pubs and a roof over us to get an atmosphere going.

Each game has it's merits , also just my opinion is Crewe is a dreadful away game.

Chesterfield is another favourite day of mine despite the fact we always seem to get beaten.

If as it looks likely it is for this season,my first suggestion would be the last game at Cambridge or the penultimate away game at Mansfield, both should have reasonable Vale away followings.

Agree with this, of the remaining away games I'd say that other than the above Cheltenham could be added to the list of decent away games. Barnet may be okay but it's a 1st for me at this ground.

Crewe is shocking despite the ease of getting there. Grimsby not decent although you can go the Cleethorpes and see the sea. Wycombe as boring as they come, Swindon the worst of the lot, if I'm looking for an away game not to go, this is the one following their rip-off prices and the terrible stewarding from a few years ago.....nothing to do with our fantastic results either of course..

Just hope that I don't have to start looking for decent away games in the league below!

Out of the remaining away games this season Barnet is the one that I'm looking forward to most because it's a new ground, it's a day out in that London, and it looks easy enough to get to on the Jubilee Line.

Generally speaking I always enjoy a town or city that's got some good boozers and where the ground is within walking distance from the centre. Sheffield United and Notts County are always good days out in this respect.

The best away day in my mind would be the Blackpool ones about 10 or so years ago when I was single, free and could afford to go clubbing or to strip clubs afterwards.

These days I am just glad to get there on time, with a decent ale and parking facilities.

On that note, the worst away day was Luton this season. It rained and as it was September I had no coat and I was starving but all they had were tiny hot dogs and parking was awful. Added to that the performance was dreadful.

Liverpool, Man City, both Sheffield clubs are good away days and Ofcourse the other team in Stoke.

For the next 2 seasons I’d say Notts County and Crewe (if you can get tickets). Exeter and Cheltenham are 2 good days out. I’d avoid FGR unless it’s 80 degrees and the game actually means anything.

The best away day in my mind would be the Blackpool ones about 10 or so years ago when I was single, free and could afford to go clubbing or to strip clubs afterwards.

These days I am just glad to get there on time, with a decent ale and parking facilities.

On that note, the worst away day was Luton this season. It rained and as it was September I had no coat and I was starving but all they had were tiny hot dogs and parking was awful. Added to that the performance was dreadful.

Agree there....forgot about Luton, worst ground in the league in the worst area.

Hoping for some good advice of the best experiences to have

Cheers guys

Got to be Mansfield this season for me.We've not been there for a while,its not too far away and if we're doing well when we play them,then I can see a massive Vale following.They won't know what's hit them,a bit like our first visit to Burton.

Archived