onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yates given free transfer? No, contract extended to end of season 2018...

valeparklife

Advert

I don't believe there was any guarantee that he would have been released at the end of his current deal. He was making the bench as the preferred defender over the rest of the defenders in the squad. Clearly he was preferred over Wilson and was a much cheaper option as cover.

im sure Mr Yates agent has released that story to pull on the heart strings and try and force a 6 month extension onto the the deal that runs out on 31/12/17. cause lets be honest without the injury he had absolutely no chance of an extension

Without the injury he's better back up than Wilson.

I don't believe there was any guarantee that he would have been released at the end of his current deal. He was making the bench as the preferred defender over the rest of the defenders in the squad. Clearly he was preferred over Wilson and was a much cheaper option as cover.

We're playing Wilsons wages whether he plays or not. So whoever plays at RB it is not a cheaper option.

We're playing Wilsons wages whether he plays or not. So whoever plays at RB it is not a cheaper option.

He was the cheaper option if the plan was to keep Yates on the bench, freeze Wilson out and get rid of him on loan or by sell him in January (which is what I believe will happen).

Ok so just to clear this up... his contract runs out on 31/12/17 so at that point if he isnt playing because hes not very good its fine to not offer him a new deal....but if he isnt playing because hes not very good and gets injured in a reserve game then we should offer him a new deal?????

that to me sounds like lunacy??

Lunacy.

Whats lunacy mate, is your failure to grasp that these are exceptional circumstances.

You use 'injury in a reserve game' like he's picked up a dead leg, and doesn't require facial reconstructive surgery to reset his eye socket to its correct position. Are you deliberately being obtuse and not recognising the severity and unique nature of the injury (which Aspin described as the worst he'd ever seen in football?), or do you simply not care about Yates enough, when his heads been caved in and retirement is imminent?

Does that clear this up? Still sound like lunacy? Weapon.

Very good interview with Ray Williams and also Neil Aspin on Radio Stoke few minutes ago - Ray concludes it is all down to Norman Smurfthwaite and the interview with Aspin suggests he has not been involved yet. The plot thickens....

Ah yes, I for one am shocked.

Lets hope Smurf sees the backlash from the sensible majority on here (not the balls to Yatesy, we need a new backup RB clowns) and backtracks, and we give Yates a 6 month deal so he can sort himself out.

Lunacy.

Whats lunacy mate, is your failure to grasp that these are exceptional circumstances.

You use 'injury in a reserve game' like he's picked up a dead leg, and doesn't require facial reconstructive surgery to reset his eye socket to its correct position. Are you deliberately being obtuse and not recognising the severity and unique nature of the injury (which Aspin described as the worst he'd ever seen in football?), or do you simply not care about Yates enough, when his heads been caved in and retirement is imminent?

Does that clear this up? Still sound like lunacy? Weapon.

Yeah sounds like total lunacy, because we are a business that’s not well off, has a wage budget that’s far too high and we are carrying huge deadwood hampering the new manager bring in players. Injured or not Yates is surplus to requirements in the first team. My point about the reserve game is he hasn’t played more than 10 times for our first team in the last 2 seasons. These lads are well paid, well insured, well looked after sports professionals and you lot talk they earn £50 quid a week playing for the dog and duck. Xmas makes no difference to this situation in the slightest his contract was up anyway and he will get a payout from his insurance and free medical care from us. To give a player that can’t play a players contract is totally ridiculous. A job in the academy or youth setup certainly he’s a good lad and spent a long time here but that should be it.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Without the injury he's better back up than Wilson.

That I would possibly agree with but people here forget Aspins got very little movement in the transfer market because most players have contracts past January. Yates going out whilst people like him would have been one of he only wages that could have been saved and used for a replacement. Getting sentimental over Yates could now mean that he’s got even less to work with than he had a week ago.

That I would possibly agree with but people here forget Aspins got very little movement in the transfer market because most players have contracts past January. Yates going out whilst people like him would have been one of he only wages that could have been saved and used for a replacement. Getting sentimental over Yates could now mean that he’s got even less to work with than he had a week ago.

I think you may be (conveniently) forgetting that our owner made a promise of ADDITIONAL funds to Rudge and Aspin for January, so it should not matter whether one of the lowest paid players leaves or not.

In any event, those of us who are concerned for this loyal player who has suffered awful injuries are not insisting or demanding a new contact - just that the club looks after him, and a coaching job at the same wage would probably be very acceptable to him, provided it is complemented by the testimonial he richly deserves.

It has nothing to do with sentiment and everything to do with decency and the club presenting a good image and playing fair - and by the club it looks likely we mean the owner here.

The bottom line is that as it stands, Yatesy wont have his players income from January, and whether he has been away or not, a simple 'We will make sure he is ok and I'll sort it out for him when I get back' from the mysteriously missing one would have put the players' mind at rest, and stopped all the bad feeling on this thread.

In fact, if the Smurf is back now, there is no reason for him not to say as much in the next 24 hours and put the matter to a conclusion that satisfies nearly everyone. How about it Norman - are you man enough to stop all this tarring of the clubs name quickly ?

Archived