onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yates given free transfer? No, contract extended to end of season 2018...

valeparklife

If this is true and Adam Yates has been given a free transfer just before Xmas after those injuries he's sustained, then the club should be ashamed of themselves. He's been with us for 8+ years and is Vale through and through. I know we shouldn't carry anyone but a bit of humility and sense wouldn't go amiss in this instance.

:angry:

Advert

If this is true and Adam Yates has been given a free transfer just before Xmas after those injuries he's sustained, then the club should be ashamed of themselves. He's been with us for 8+ years and is Vale through and through. I know we shouldn't carry anyone but a bit of humility and sense wouldn't go amiss in this instance.

I was never a massive Yates fan but he has done well for us in some of the darker times in the clubs history.

He's had probably the worst luck with injuries a Vale players ever had; surely another 6 months, till he's recovered, on the his existing wage plus a testimonial wouldn't have harmed anyone?

If we are that short of money that we have to release long-serving players who's had two catastrophic injuries back to back then we're in deep trouble. If we do have ample money, and we're releasing him because he isn't going to play, its a poor move by Vale.

Very strange move either way.

edit: now on the skysports website.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11177597/port-vale-offload-defender-adam-yates-following-facial-surgery

Very disappointing Vale, if I'm honest. Some will argue that he doesn't offer anything to us anymore but its not Yates' fault. He should have been given till the end of the season with a wage. Maybe its sentimental, but in League 2 sentimentality it whats its all about. Hope Vale reconsider.

But you've indicated that you don't know if its true, so please stop **** stirring.

I know in the cold light of day its business and all that, but it seems heartless and its not great publicity for us either.

I know we're not rolling in the cash and Stoke are at the other end of the spectrum, but I was reading the other day that they have given Steven Ireland a new contract for 6 months as he recovers from a bad injury.

can everyone just take a sip of common sense for a second. Firstly its unconfirmed and secondly even if true he doesnt work in Argos and been made redundant hes a long term injury who will have had his contract paid up. If true there will be food on the yates table this xmas. Doesnt matter who has made this decision if true, its one which is correct and he im sure will remain well regarded with the club. Or would people rather we kept him till June and didnt make another signing....

Again, what kind of message does this send out to prospective signings?

"Join us, give us 8 years service, stay with the club in admin when you could've walked away, have your face smashed to bits in a freak accident and we will reward you by stopping paying your wages at Xmas time when you have a family".

Absolute shambles from the club YET AGAIN.

I hope you read this Norman and rectify this.

Until we know the whole story, seems a bit harsh to criticise the club. For all we know, Aspo/whoever has spoken to him & he wants a break from football so they've agreed a pay-off deal in the background, plus the full support for his recovery.

I assume more will come out following this, so wouldn't get too upset just yet. Wait for the full story first, rather than a bare bones Sky article.

Again, what kind of message does this send out to prospective signings?

"Join us, give us 8 years service, stay with the club in admin when you could've walked away, have your face smashed to bits in a freak accident and we will reward you by stopping paying your wages at Xmas time when you have a family".

Absolute shambles from the club YET AGAIN.

I hope you read this Norman and rectify this.

Once again the club has already stuck with him for over a year through a serious injury and once again I’m sure he will be offered another role within the club.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived