onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yates given free transfer? No, contract extended to end of season 2018...

valeparklife

Does anyone know if he will play again this season or indeed play again at all? I thought I read his eye injury may be very serious that needs more surgery and he may never see properly again. Maybe a coaching role is a good option all round here, he isn't really going to get near the first team if he is 100% fit and age not on his side now. Not a great story though!

I'd agree with that. I think continuing his playing career may well be a risk he isn't prepared to take.

I'd be behind some some of game for him too; call it a testimonial if you will.

Advert

What if the injury makes him injured beyond repair? Then its a case for his insurance company, not the Vale. And as the injury is described, that is a very plausible outcome.

I really think this is a tricky one. I can see both sides, but as long as the Vale says its untrue, it really is a none story.

And as someone on here already has stated; had he not been injured it would be a no brainer. He is nowhere near the team, hasn't been for a long time, and I fail to see him being so in the future.

Neither Brown nor Aspin rated him. So should we keep paying his wages, had he not been injured, because he is a nice bloke? I know he stayed here without being payed during admin, but so did a lot of other players. And lets say they get released by their current club, should we then pick them up and sign them, out of gratitude? I know we aren't a Prem League co-orporation, but a minor community club. And therefor people appeal for the club to have a heart. And I would agree, if we had just half the budget they have up the road. But we don't!

And I know it very put on the line, but if the choice was between giving Yates a new contract or signing the one player that will keep us in the League system, what would you choose? I know what I choose!

I do not see anything wrong in releasing yates because his contract runs out in January and he has played no part in the first team since his previous injury. The Vale kept him at the club through his last injury and continued to pay his wages through this period but too many people are feeling sorry for the guy. The injuries were very bad that he has sustained but that does not mean Vale owe him a living and I am afraid that football can show its raw side in these circumstances. It is time to depart and thank him for his services in the past and move on from that. Good luck to Adam in his future ventures and we all hope his medical treatment gives him back something for his future and the payment of this was a goodwill gesture from the Vale

I do not see anything wrong in releasing yates because his contract runs out in January and he has played no part in the first team since his previous injury. The Vale kept him at the club through his last injury and continued to pay his wages through this period but too many people are feeling sorry for the guy. The injuries were very bad that he has sustained but that does not mean Vale owe him a living and I am afraid that football can show its raw side in these circumstances. It is time to depart and thank him for his services in the past and move on from that. Good luck to Adam in his future ventures and we all hope his medical treatment gives him back something for his future and the payment of this was a goodwill gesture from the Vale

I think the club has an obligation to pay for any medical treatment required up to 18 months after the end of a contract ends.

It could be a case of Chinese whispers, someone who doesn't like the Club or feels aggrieved by the Club spreading shy te ...

My feeling is that the Clubs current management would do the right thing by Yates, who has been a good and loyal servant

VALE have always looked after its players, and that's one reason players

have been tempted to us,:yes: until the Page incident (smurfs master plan ) now this sceanaro about Yatesy is quiet believable, i'm sorry to say.:sad:

It is not about technicalities it is about basic human decency. Many of the comments here just disgust me and make me feel very ashamed to be a Vale fan.
So if I, a season ticket holder for many years (and therefore my loyalty is beyond question), fall on hard times and can't afford to renew my season ticket nor put food on the table, the Club should be expected to provide for my family and give me a free season ticket until I'm back on an even keel? That's akin to the 'logic' that's being applied in favour of the argument for renewing the contract of a player who's been carried for the last 18 months.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

So if I, a season ticket holder for many years (and therefore my loyalty is beyond question), fall on hard times and can't afford to renew my season ticket nor put food on the table, the Club should be expected to provide for my family and give me a free season ticket until I'm back on an even keel? That's akin to the 'logic' that's being applied in favour of the argument for renewing the contract of a player who's been carried for the last 18 months.

no, its not the same situation, this is football, but he was hurt/injured in service of his employer,:angry: anyone would expect his 9yrs loyal service be recognised. Also a testomonial for that service if he his forced to retire...:yes:

its the right thing to do...

I am sure that any costs arising out of the awful injury will be covered by the employers liability insurance. Adam should not suffer financially when it was a work related accident (even the possibility of a career ending accident).

The harsh reality is that he was out of contract in January and is not part of Aspo’s plans (it would seem). Accident or not it seems he was not being offered a further contract.

no, its not the same situation, this is football, but he was hurt/injured in service of his employer,:angry: anyone would expect his 9yrs loyal service be recognised. Also a testomonial for that service if he his forced to retire...:yes:

its the right thing to do...

It was a genuine accident. Would you expect your employer to sub in this event?

"The injuries were very bad"

The man literally needs two bouts of intensive surgery to reset his face.

I am feeling very sorry for the guy. This is a promotion winning player, who a year prior played for free for us. Damn right I feel sorry for him.

Why are people pretending we're a cutthroat multinational business conglomerate? We're a small club, and we should do the right thing for loyal players who had done very decent for us in very difficult times. Adam is a good lad, and giving him £700 a week for another 6 months whilst he sets his family up post-football isn't going to financially cripple us.

I swear, if I see any of these posters saying its fair play releasing him ever complain about the lack of soul and family feel at the club, or in modern football, I'm going to link this thread. Never have I been more disappointed in Vale fans.

"Oooh, the club feels dead, there's no atmosphere, the soul's been sucked out"

"Oooh, ******** to Yatesy, promotion winner, longest serving player who stuck with us through an adminstration, we are sooooo important we need to sign a new backup rightback, not give the lad some financial stability in turbulent times as he recovers from horrendous injuries and literally having to change career"

Pick one; are we a family club who look after our own, or a heartless, money grabbing, soulless company that desperate to save £700 off our wage bill?

It was a genuine accident. Would you expect your employer to sub in this event?

it was a genuine accident... but your missing the point, it occurred as yatesy was performing his duties for the club, at the club, under instruction from his superior... and its not a case of expecting your employer to sub him, it would be the employers moral if not legal duty...

it was a genuine accident... but your missing the point, it occurred as yatesy was performing his duties for the club, at the club, under instruction from his superior... and its not a case of expecting your employer to sub him, it would be the employers moral if not legal duty...
I'm not missing the point. I just can't see why the fact that he's been injured makes any difference to whether the club should continue to pay the guy. He would very likely have been released on 1 Jan had he not been injured, and I suspect many of you would have been saying good riddance. The club have paid the bloke for doing nothing for the past 18 months so I can't see how people can slate the club if they decide to release him. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Rob, is there any way you can look to set up a donations page for yatesy? That way, those who want to 'do right' by him can donate if they wish.

Archived