robf

RIP Johnny Aitch

I clashed with him on more than one occasion over the years here, but there's some members that this site just wouldn't be the same without, and I very juch classed him as one of them along with the likes of Smallthorne Dog, Mellor and Jimmy along with a few others who also don't post here any more for whatever reason.

Very sad news, and may he rest in piece!

I'm sure it will surprise some people to see me posting on this thread, but I do so genuinely with respect to send condolences to the friends and family of this fellow Vale fan.

There were many posts where we disagreed, to put it mildly, and some of them got quite nasty, but words are cheap and internet words - particularly on politics and suchlike - are the cheapest of all.

What I did notice that was far more important than the fact that he liked the Daily Mail, was that he was an very kind man, particularly where animals were concerned, something that is dear to my own feelings.

I was very impressed that he had supported a local animal sanctuary, and also taken in older stray refuge cats to care fot them, although I never said so on here. He also seemed to care a lot about family and friends, who I am sure will miss him greatly.

These traits of extreme kindness and gentle hearted goodness are deeds that mean much more than any words posted on website threads, and I will remember him for those things. RIP.

His posts were always well thought out, I didn't always agree with his views but he was by far one of the more reasoned and decent posters on here!

Very sad news. RIP fellow Valiant.

I can only echo this post...but add way too young to go.Thoughts are with the family

Since I read the news I have been racking my memory for something I heard years ago. The only fragment I can remember is

Embrace the friends you do not know......

the rest escapes me

There are people we interact with we do not consider friends simply because we do not know them or have never met them yet we miss them as we do friends when they are gone

Condolences to Johnny's wife and extended family. Sad day indeed.

‘Vale Johnny Harrop aka Johnny Aitch'

I miss you already Norton Man

‘Though we've only met on Onevalefan,

And whilst your acerbic style kept me on my toes

We were always friends, never foes,

And when asked to remember just one thing

I'll tell them you were our ‘Multi-quote King'

But on top of that I'll quickly add

You were also a generous, caring lad,

Plus someone whose humanity

Was there for everyone to see

Yes, I miss you already Norton Man

Edited by Aussie Rules

Myself and JA had many a debate on a wide variety of subjects, sometimes slightly heated and passionate.

He once said that The Men They Couldn't Hang were **** when they supported New Model Army back in the day. Daft how things like that stick in your mind. Well I will be going to Paris and Amsterdam to see New Model Army next week and I will raise a glass to him then.

A sad loss for the OVF and Vale community.

Love and condolences to his loved ones. RIP JA x

Edited by Birdy

Just want to pass on my condolences to John Harrop known as JohnieAitch who passsd away suddenly aged 52. I was in the same class as John thtoughout school at Ball Green and sixth form and beyond. Mates for years. Gutted

One funny story. We played West Ham away in 1990 and drew 2 all with Julian ***** missing a penalty. I stayed at johns in Wimbledon that weekend. After the game we arrived back into central London for post match beers only to realise the Poll tax riots had taken place and everywhere was smashed to bits. Took us ages find a pub open..

John moved to Devon a few years back and we lost touch. I'm sure everyone will miss him on here and condolences to his wife and family. A true son of Norton taken away do young.. May god look after you son

Terribly sad news, great poster who I normally agreed with but debated in great detail with at times. He knew how to get his point across without being personal which is a great skill but also did so generally in a fun and quirky kind of way.

More importantly an exceptionally decent and kind human being who will be deeply, deeply missed.

RIP fellow Valiant and much love to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Rip mate , football is social and especially at our club..52 no age and being 51 brings home how short and cruel life can be...

Its surprising how many people we know , recognise, meet, acknowledge whilst attending a game yet don't even know their names yet consider them friends - i'm sure our paths would have crossed - you will be missed

I used to post on here under another name before being hounded off.

I don't miss it at all, but I remember Aitch (as he used to be known on here) fondly even though he drifted further and further to the right over the years.

I'm sorry to hear of his passing - RIP Aitch

I’ve not posted on here for quite a while but needed to add my condolences to John’s wife and family. He was a lovely man that I knew from a young age. R.I.P John you will be very much missed.