robf

RIP Johnny Aitch

Correction - sorry I have just been told he was 52 although I was originally told it was 62. Apologies for any confusion caused.

Bloody hell... he was only a young en

R.I.P JA

I can't remember the family Marge although I lived in Barks Drive and worked as a 16 yr old at the local garage of barker and Shenton. Scoob is an old friend of mine from many years back.

The Harrop family, Aunty Beattie lived there until her passing a few years back now. The children were Susan, Brian and of course John. You would probably know them, Norton's changed so much over the years. I used to live in Corfield Place, which was opposite Smithyfield, the other side of Pinfold Ave

Very sad, jonny and I had many a tussle on ovf as we had differing views on most topics, we always ended with an agree to disagree. Rip fellah.

Much the same. Some times we agreed some times disagreed. Jonny clearly loved the vale as we all do.

Rest in peace Jonny.

Thoughts are with your family.

I always imagined him in Flannels and a Cricket Jumper or with a cheroot and a smoking jacket. He was one of the most argumentative sods on here. But you always forgave him his toffs view of the world coz he loved Vale.RIP young Johnny��

I'm genuinely shocked to hear this. I never met Johnny but I have shared banter with him on here plenty of times, especially in the political threads. An OVF legend to me, one of the regulars.

RIP Mr. Aitch, I feel a genuine sadness, especially for one so young.

I knew John from a young boy. My mum and John's mum were lifelong friends, starting at school until his mum passed away a few years back who we always referred to as 'Aunty' and as I have said earlier he was 1 of 3 children. Unfortunately, his one and only sister died young and his dad since. John and his wife used to take his mum and mine out, even taken them on holiday.Since the passing of his mum John and his lovely wife have always kept in contact.

John's passing has left his brother as the only living relative now.

Thoughts are with Eileen, John's wife and Brian, John's brother.

Such sad news. John was a lovely, kind man who will, I'm sure, be sadly missed by those who knew and loved him.

Sorry, John's wife is name Jill, his brothers wife is Eileen :(

RIP JohnnyAitch. We had many online discussions, both Vale and Off Topic, especially in the quieter early days of OVF (Rivals and pre-Rivals).

Although I've not posted on here for years, I still read and was always amused that Johnny never changed his argumentative, multi-quote style.

A sad loss.

Terrible news. I always enjoyed reading his posts on here, whether I agreed with him or not. Clearly a very intelligent and passionate individual.

Thoughts are with his family.

RIP JA.

RIP My fellow valeite. I hope you’ve made your way to the “Wembley of the north” in the sky and will be watching our team in eternal peace and happiness.

“Cowards die many times before their deaths,

The valiant never taste of death but once."

Bloody hell im stunned. Never had the pleasure of meeting him but I always enjoyed reading his posts whether or not I agreed with them. No-one else could multi quote like he could!

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time. 52 really is no age. RIP Johnny.

As many have said, I didn’t always agree with him but he was so considered in his approach it was hard not to respect his process. Basically, I loved a tussle with the Daily Mail reading, multi quoting, argumentative blighter!

OVF will be worse off without him. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

RIP JA

As a relative newcomer to this hallowed organ, JA was one of the first posters I “tussled” with! At first, he seemed like the sort of bloke who could argue in an empty room ! But as I got to understand his style, it was obvious that he saw more than one side to a topic, which lead to interesting debate. Which of course was his aim ! Second time I’ve posted on this today, because as has been said by many, I am truly shocked. He’ll no doubt be debating religion with the Big Man and asking “is it all that ?” as we speak !