robf

RIP Johnny Aitch

Hi all,

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you all of the passing of Johnny Harrop who used the forum username Johnny Aitch on the OVF forum for many years.

Johnny sadly passed away at the age of 52 earlier this week.

I personally have many fond memories of "Aitch" and his many contributions to this forum over the years. I always got on well with Johnny personally and I will definitely miss his posts. He was a key character on this forum for many years and I am sure his posts informed and entertained many of you.

My thoughts are with his friends and family at this difficult time. I am attempting to obtain contact details so we can pass on the sympathies of the OVF community.

If you like to share a memory or post a tribute to Johnny Aitch please use this thread to do so.

Thanks,

Rob

Johnny Harrop AKA Johnny Aitch RIP Forever Valiant

Didn't know Johnny personally although no doubt our paths have crossed watching the Vale over the years,always enjoyed his posts on here and he came across as a nice chap.R.I.P fellow valiant,condolences to all family and friends.

Paul ( Scooby )

I thought I hadnt seen him for some time.... we disagreed about a lot of things but pleasantly with no acrimony... I will miss our debates.

Different angles of vision with passion but not aggression.

Sad news

Always came across as a nice guy, who argue to ends of the earth to make you think more about what you were saying. We agreed on some things, disagreed on others. But his posts were thought-provoking and interesting. I thought I hadn't seen him for a while on here.

Sad times. All the best to his family.

Didn't know Johnny personally although no doubt our paths have crossed watching the Vale over the years,always enjoyed his posts on here and he came across as a nice chap.R.I.P fellow valiant,condolences to all family and friends.

Paul ( Scooby )

Hi Scoob

John was born and bred in Norton, lived in Smithyfield Road, just above the Sterling. His mum and my mum were lifelong friends. He was 1 of 3, his sister sadly died at a young age, leaving a young family, so John's only living relative is a brother now

Such sad news :cry:

Linda

Hi Scoob

John was born and bred in Norton, lived in Smithyfield Road, just above the Sterling. His mum and my mum were lifelong friends. He was 1 of 3, his sister sadly died at a young age, leaving a young family, so John's only living relative is a brother now

Such sad news :cry:

Linda

Thanks Linda, I lived at 75 Smithy for a while and my mum dad and brothers a lot longer so must have known him.

Oh dear, how sad.

I wasn't aware he was unwell but he never failed to inform and entertain me on here over the years. He was a true Renaissance Man and contributed intelligently to a lot of threads on a range of diverse topics. One of the best contributors, for me, bar none. It's very upsetting to hear that and it has taken me completely by surprise.

I feel quite upset about tbis news even though I never met the bloke, but that's a measure of his status on here I suppose.

My thoughts are with his family and close friends.

I knew John from a young boy. My mum and John's mum were lifelong friends, starting at school until his mum passed away a few years back who we always referred to as 'Aunty' and as I have said earlier he was 1 of 3 children. Unfortunately, his one and only sister died young and his dad since. John and his wife used to take his mum and mine out, even taken them on holiday.Since the passing of his mum John and his lovely wife have always kept in contact.

John's passing has left his brother as the only living relative now.

Thoughts are with Eileen, John's wife and Brian, John's brother.

Such sad news. John was a lovely, kind man who will, I'm sure, be sadly missed by those who knew and loved him.

Thanks Linda, I lived at 75 Smithy for a while and my mum dad and brothers a lot longer so must have known him.

I would say you knew the family Scoob, everybody knew everybody back in the day

One of OVF’s masters of debate. When most people would see only one side of a topic, he would see two and occasionally three or four !. These pages will be a sadder and less informed place without him. Sincere condolences to all his friends and family.

Correction - sorry I have just been told he was 52 although I was originally told it was 62. Apologies for any confusion caused.

Didn't know him personally but as a fellow Valiant he was one of us. Condolences to his family and friends. Joins a throng of ex Vale fans up there in the Wembley of the skies and no doubt will continue his fine debates with them.

I would say you knew the family Scoob, everybody knew everybody back in the day

I can't remember the family Marge although I lived in Barks Drive and worked as a 16 yr old at the local garage of barker and Shenton. Scoob is an old friend of mine from many years back.

I had many agreement in 'off topics' with Jonny Aitch and also many friendly disagreements in debates. Especially in political debates.

He was always polite though, and shall miss his imput.

Condolences to his family and friends.