onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford tickets?

melv

I didn’t realise until the Swindon game that the Oxford game was this Friday, I booked on the coach for Newport after the game but couldn’t get my Newport match ticket because it was shut. During the week the t.o. Shuts at 5, I finish work at 4.30 in Stafford, so no chance of getting there before 5.i don’t have a printer. I’d thought of not bothering but been every game so far this season(and last) so will just have to join the queue.

Advert

I didn’t realise until the Swindon game that the Oxford game was this Friday, I booked on the coach for Newport after the game but couldn’t get my Newport match ticket because it was shut. During the week the t.o. Shuts at 5, I finish work at 4.30 in Stafford, so no chance of getting there before 5.i don’t have a printer. I’d thought of not bothering but been every game so far this season(and last) so will just have to join the queue.

I don't get why the club can't make it easier for fans to hand over their money to the club.Is there some sort of logic that we are all missing?

Fans have been going on about the marketing department and the ticket office being run in a poor way for a while.But there is zero sign of any improvement.I think that since Colin has taken up his position that communication has improved.But on this occasion for the Oxford tickets it has been very very poor.It's like its taken a step backwards.

Someone from the club really needs to get a grip of the ticket office & the marketing department.Give them a kick up the rear end and get them to actually do what they are employed to do.

Im going to try order my ticket online tomorrow and print it off.I can't help thinking that the system will crash though.Fingers crossed it don't crash.

I've always found the staff in the office friendly and professional. However I don't know if they are just "staff" doing their jobs or they are instrumental in decision making etc.

I suggest we get off their backs and actually criticise the bosses that are in charge of the promotions, advertising/planning and action making, whoever they are. Does anyone know for fact who is the main person responsible for the whole operation? Has he/she been approached by Norman/Garlick in view of fans concerns?

Just been on to the official site.

Oxford ticket bought online and printed off with no fuss.

So what are you waiting for guys?

me too,quick and easy fans will still try and blame the ticket office being shut last week as an excuse.its the first time i have purchased tickets online printed them off no problems hopefully we get through tonight and we will be able to purchase online for the 2nd round.

me too,quick and easy fans will still try and blame the ticket office being shut last week as an excuse.its the first time i have purchased tickets online printed them off no problems hopefully we get through tonight and we will be able to purchase online for the 2nd round.

blame for what exactly?

Most comments are about making it easier to attend... improving the interaction between business and customer... availing the business of opportunities of taking more money...

Certainly not an excuse for me as I'll be there anyway...but the point remains that there is absolutely zero in proactivity or imagination in getting people to buy tickets.

There are so many ways to amuse yourself these days at low cost that we need to entice people by any means necessary.

The irony is that it's never been cheaper or easier to reach people but we don't take advantage. At Man United or Chelsea etc, it doesn't matter to them who buys the tickets because if a regular doesn't there's always a Japanese tourist-fan or some berk from Cornwall who'll buy it.

We're not in that position. We could and should do much, much more.

Thats it then. problem solved. you could purchase on the day of the game online. Dont anyone dare suggest any improvements, alls perfect.

I've just used our online service for the first time, timed it and including registering, finding my seat and printing the whole process took 3 minutes 27 seconds.

I waited longer for an oatcake at Povey's in Biddulph this morning!

The only thing I will say is the 'areas' they display for each stand don't have any reference to my season ticket so I had to guess logically.

It wasn't rocket science and thankfully now I don't need to deal with the ************ in the ticket office tonight.

Archived