onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford tickets?

melv

Advert

Personally I dont see the need for priority tickets for a cup game unless you expect a near capacity crowd... from a different perspective isnt the discount on ST prices enough of an incentive to buy one?... I can see an advantage of offering preferential cup tickets to ST holders if we had say 10,000 st holders but that may be disregarded if we drew say liverpool at home and they were bringing 10,000... I doubt ST holders would be able to occupy there usual seats.

That would mean 6000 scousers without tickets.I think i’d stop at home geo.:ohmy:

I doubt they're frightened, at least not in a Halloween sense. How many people will remember or bother to call and order one?

For me, it always starts from the premise as follows; Do we make it as easy as possible for people to come through the gates?

In my opinion, we definitely don't

The above sums up the situation perfectly. Marketing at Vale is non existent. Staff who if not employed by Vale would be working for McDonalds and no concept whatsoever of how to try to attract new customers. All we do as a club is put obstacles in the way. I chose to sit in the Railway Stand. But on occasions I am denied from doing so as it is closed. I no longer attend games when it is closed. This is just one example of the systematic disregard for “customers” Many others exist.

The bigger question here is surely "Why cannot the owner of the club and the CEO sort out the attitude and dysfunction of (some of) the Ticket Office personnel"?

Unless of course they don't see a problem - which in itself would be very worrying.

That would mean 6000 scousers without tickets.I think i’d stop at home geo.:ohmy:

I exaggerated the numbers to highlight the point but I wonder how many of the ones who fell through the roof had tickets :smile:

If we are happy with the numbers we get per game we should just carry on as we are, the decline will be gradual [in attendances] as "regular" supporters drop off the grid, for whatever reason. The staff could just carry on until the panic sets in.

I dont know of any "successful" businesses that dont advertise away from their shop front, make it as easy and as quick as possible to take payments and actively seek new customers... not even stoke audi

The complaint made by Melv that he couldn’t get a ticket after the Swindon game or able to print one off.There are other ways to get a ticket and there will be the full monty how to get a ticket as of Friday.

People requested online ticketing,they’ve got it.As regards marketing I would find it astonishing, in this City ,if a footie fan doesn’t know that Vale are at home on Friday and Stoke are at home on Saturday.They even know in the USA,Thailand and Australia.

I exaggerated the numbers to highlight the point but I wonder how many of the ones who fell through the roof had tickets :smile:

If we are happy with the numbers we get per game we should just carry on as we are, the decline will be gradual [in attendances] as "regular" supporters drop off the grid, for whatever reason. The staff could just carry on until the panic sets in.

I dont know of any "successful" businesses that dont advertise away from their shop front, make it as easy and as quick as possible to take payments and actively seek new customers... not even stoke audi

Not having that geo,Liverpool fans never turn up without tickets.The lad who fell through the roof has a season ticket for Vale.He says its a cracking view from the girder he landed on.:wink:

IMO, the attitude taken should be that if even a single Vale fan sees a problem, regardless of how small or petty others may think it is, it is something that the club should at least look at, & attempt to address. Having said that, I think more than one fan is aware of the problems our ticket office & 'marketing department' have.

Anything but the above is poor customer service. Given our attendances, not sure we can afford to be picky about who we want to take money off? To add to that, surely every fan wants us to have the largest possible crowd for each game, as it helps generate more atmosphere (& money for the club)?

The 'suck it up & find a workaround' attitude is not the way forward, & not every Vale fan is part of the 'hardcore'. From the original post, it's quite clear that the poster has used this method of obtaining tickets before, & probably does regularly, so the fact this option is now missing is detrimental to them. At the very least, there should have been something to advise fans of the situation on the website, rather than us having to (yet again) find out from each other what is going on.

Does anyone else get the News Letter by email? So that’s the draw on BBC,prices,once agreed,were to be found in the Sentinel,on the Vale site ,on the radio and let’s not forget the biggest marketing tool of all,peoples’gobs.UTV.

Don't think the price (or the fact there is a game) was ever in doubt, they announced that ages ago, it's more the 'how to get tickets' that was the issue. To be honest, I hadn't even planned getting one yet (which is odd for me), but I probably would have queued up. Now I'll be printing mine off before the game tomorrow at work.

Don't think the price (or the fact there is a game) was ever in doubt, they announced that ages ago, it's more the 'how to get tickets' that was the issue. To be honest, I hadn't even planned getting one yet (which is odd for me), but I probably would have queued up. Now I'll be printing mine off before the game tomorrow at work.

Not difficult Tomo?

By far the bigger problem is the promotional side as Toyah alluded too. The ticketing can be got round and although we all like a moan, we will get tickets.

The marketing of the club as demonstrated by the lowest number ever surely of advertising boards, lack of sponsors etc is shocking, even Perry Deakin sold them.

Get that sorted Smurf/Garlick

Sent from my Hudl 2 using the onevalefan mobile app

Not difficult Tomo?

ST holder, never used the online service before so I'll let you know :wink: I'm sure it will be fine, & the fact they've put something out there on the site now is good. However, once again there was either incorrect or missing information in relation to obtaining tickets for a game. Doesn't bother me personally, I go to every game regardless, but I understand that for others it may do.

Archived