onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford tickets?

melv

Advert

What do you make of the following extract from the ticket advert on the Vale site?

All stands are open

Book now for reserved seating

All season ticket holders' seats are reserved

Tickets are required for all stands

There will be no cash gates

Didn’t know that, I stand corrected, although cup games never used to be reserved for your usual st seat.

It must be a new thing although not a bad idea.

Which is why I said ST seats are reserved.

What do I make of it??!(although you asked someone else)

The club don't have a clue what they are doing,what they are supposed to be doing,why the should do or not do something.The ticketing department is very much like the marketing department and is rudderless.Who ever is running each of them departments can't even see what is wrong with the way that the department is run.Simply because they are out of their depth and clueless.

So if system cannot cope, issue open tickets on line with the proviso that ST seats only to be used by STs, I am sure there used to be a notice at one time.

Didn’t know that, I stand corrected, although cup games never used to be reserved for your usual st seat.

It must be a new thing although not a bad idea.

I think it has changed for this game, only really important if an area has been nearly sold out, which is unlikely unless against a big club in a later round.

Recently Smurf was quoted on Radio Stoke, saying he didn't understand why fans said he always chose the cheap option. Well Norman this what fans mean. A ticket office, similar to a non league club. A marketing dept non existent. Odd floodlights that wouldn't look out of place down Kidsgrove Athletic. Odd coloured seats in different parts of the ground. A tannoy system that doesn't always work. Catering in kiosks that is worse than something they would serve up on the butty van in the layby on the A500.

Sent from my SM-T585 using the onevalefan mobile app

Well a lot of people will not bother turning up to buy a ticket for Friday when they could have bought one after the game on Saturday. I for one won't queue up on Friday night in a big queue .On Saturday the queue was back to Hamil Road and they couldn't be bothered to open the booth in the club shop.

I didn't have much time for Bill Lodey but the present ticket office is a shambles.The asylum is being run by the ************.

If you pay peanuts you get monkies and obviously Norman won't pay for a professional team to run the ticketing and marketing departments. Just let Norman complain about a poor attendance on Friday because I really can't see how many people can be bothered to queue for tickets.

Hi

Unfortunately we cannot sell the f a cup tickets on line. We can sell them over the phone and post them to you. Please call the ticket office 01782 655821 on Monday to order.

Thanks

Janet Ellis

Ticket Office Manager

Disabled Liaison Officer

Even so it still seems very strange that FA cup tickets can not be sold on line.

So we have now gone from from Can not sell FA cup tickets online to On Friday3rd Nov the game will gp on sale on the internet from 9:30 - 6pm (No cash turnstiles)

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2017/october/fa-cup-first-round-ticket-prices/

So at least now the option to print off a ticket should be available(hopefully, fingers crossed):clap::clap:

But how can it go from one to the other just like that? :unsure::blink:

So we have now gone from from Can not sell FA cup tickets online to On Friday3rd Nov the game will gp on sale on the internet from 9:30 - 6pm (No cash turnstiles)

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2017/october/fa-cup-first-round-ticket-prices/

So at least now the option to print off a ticket should be available(hopefully, fingers crossed):clap::clap:

But how can it go from one to the other just like that? :unsure::blink:

I would think it is because Season Ticket holders have to buy their tickets by 5PM Thursday. On Friday all unsold tickets are available so system can cope. Whether due to your thread or always the plan, who knows?

Archived