onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford tickets?

melv

Advert

I agree with most of what you’ve posted Howjy and people are seemingly looking for excuses not to attend in some cases however closing the ticket office and not reopening at the end of games for an hour is crazy and very lazy. If we’ve had a good result it’s certainly going to peak interest with messages on the scoreboard and tannoy if they are both working from the 85th minute onwards.

Looking for an excuse not to attend?????? :doh:

As an above average age, or senior fan, I agree. But wasn't the main gripe that on-line facilities were not available, which would increase the pressure on the ticket office. As far as I remember STs have never been able to buy their own seats on line, but I cannot see why non-ST reserved seats could not be bought for this game.

Wouldn't it be nice and helpful if the club could be bothered to put out some sort of statement explaining the situation.:wink:

I agree entirely that this needs sorting, Cav, but I can't blame the existing staff. At the start of the season we had a marking manager, a marketing assistant and a head of media. We now have the marketing assistant doing all three jobs because the other two have left for better paid jobs. This is an unacceptable situation but in this case the problem lies with the chief, not the indians.

I think that's who I'm blaming J51, and would rather do that than just moan about buying a ticket. I gather it's a sell out tomorrow, hence the panic on here

Sent from my Hudl 2 using the onevalefan mobile app

I agree entirely that this needs sorting, Cav, but I can't blame the existing staff. At the start of the season we had a marking manager, a marketing assistant and a head of media. We now have the marketing assistant doing all three jobs because the other two have left for better paid jobs. This is an unacceptable situation but in this case the problem lies with the chief, not the indians.

Who's decision is it not to open the ticket office after the game? Surely the Ticket Office manager.

I agree I’ve no idea why the CEO hasn’t replaced them. These people have clearly given notice to give us time to replace and yet seemingly nothing has been done. now the owner is back involved he needs to get involved too.

That said back on topic the laziness of the ticket office staff is nowt to do with this, it’s down to poor leadership from the ticket office manager.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I thought this thread was about the online service though? Anyhow, ticket office times are irrelevant to me, I do regular working hours so can't get there. If it's an away game, I have to make arrangements (or sometimes they do pay & collect at the turnstiles depending on the club).

This thread is about Oxford tickets.

Although taking advantage of the "captive" audience is always a good idea its limited... to the captive audience... we need a much wider net casting.

I dont see anyone trying to find an excuse not to attend just some asking why its not made easier to attend... and a few asking is it the correct strategy to only target the people who will probably attend anyway.

It’s at least a start Geo.

The marketing planning and ticket office staff need a long overdue kick up the backside.

Is it possible to offer a card that can be updated/activated by payment over the phone... ring up, make the payment, they activate the card to allow access ?? not automated.. no queues.. no ticket..

Depends on the cost you guess, I’m certain the technology is out there though.

Been to collect 4 tickets today and found the Ticket office staff very polite and pleasant.Also the shop staff too.Some moan about everything that involves Port Vale !!!!!

Maybe they've been encouraged to do so following the "moaning". I'd call it constructive criticism.

To give it some context, I run a small business providing entertainment. It's a busy marketplace, so I make it as easy as possible for people to buy my services. If I have to occasionally put myself out to land a sale, I'll happily do it.

If I had been in charge last Saturday, I would have taken account of the forthcoming Cup-tie. We need to sell tickets - so what better chance than when we've got 4500 potential buyers in one place?

I would have sent out a member of staff with Oxford tickets and sold them to people who were queuing for tickets for Saturday's match. How many would we have sold - who knows? The point is, you are putting them in front of people who most likely didn't know they were a bargain £12.00. They didn't know this because there wasn't a single inch of promotion of these tickets outside the ground.

I would certainly have stayed open for 30 minutes after the game and made sure that fact was announced by the PA man and by staff selling Swindon tickets.

These things are so obvious to most people. There are ticket office staff who seem to have no clue where to start selling tickets aggressively. The mindset is "If you want one, come and get one. We don't care much either way".

I wouldn't mind if this was a one-off. It isn't. There is a deep-rooted reluctance and resistance to change within that department.

Agree 100% had someone been around doing just that I would have purchased my Oxford ticket there and then, TBF I hadn't even thought about it at the time. As it happens I've not got one and now have no intention of getting one. Had they collared me I'd be getting ready for the game tomorrow night, finishing a little earlier to get the train and heading up to VP. Now I'll listen on the radio whilst watching Hyde Utd on the box.

Archived