onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oatcake-Stoke fans they they do care!

Shropshire_Valiant

Dear god has anyone ever had a mad 5 minutes and read the Oatcake(it's 5 mins of my life I won't get back)! What a depressing, bitter, deprived bunch some of them are. We're talking about a forum for a decent steady Premiership team here whose City 'rivals' are 3 leagues below them and are the smaller club, yet the post populated current thread on there is about about guess what- Vale at 30 pages and counting!:laugh::doh:

I can take banter it's part and parcel of supporting a football team and currently Vale are ***** so you get more of it, jeez I live in Shropshire and everytime I go in the local pub or social club I get some but I dished some out when Shrewsbury were struggling last season, I'm sure all of you living in Stoke get it even more at work, in the pub etc!

Apart from a couple of posts which had I not been a Vale fan I'd have found funny there really is some bitter and twisted posts on there, personnally I can't say I hate Stoke, I laugh at them when things go wrong, but otherwise they are pretty much just another football club to me. Is this a general hang up from the 90s they still have about Vale as we darred to be better than them for a few years so they want us to go out of the league/bust?

Advert

it is a hang up from the 90s, they comment alot on how Vale fans boasted during the time when we mached and bettered them. It beggers belief its like we should have just sat in a corner and stayed quiet to our overlords in Stoke City. They don't seem realise that both football clubs predate the city, they seem think that this team not named after a place are gate crashing their city. Yet Stoke on Trent has only existed since 1910.

I have mainly deal with Wolves and West Brom fans and they are really sound they hold respect for what vale achieved in the 90s and wish us well getting out of it.

A lardie at work goes on. Makes me laugh. They call us the vile or the unwashed. Majority actually want us to become extinct. I don't mean majority of lard fans in general I mean on the Bloatcake. Amazes me how Radio Stoke can even invite the oaf Smith onto their shows seeing as he is a spokesman for some disgraceful views on all topics.

Dont think there is a thread on without the C word being used. Have seen threads wishing Jack Wilshire dead. Disgraceful posts about Wenger, Ryan Mason , Gary Monk, numerous more.

They even post Smurfs tweets on there.

Have no problem with genuine Lardies indeed most of my mates are Lard.

Think most of these keyboard warriors are either aged 12 or chavs with a low IQ.

In the main a lot of their posters are vermin.

My kid brother and his son and grandchildren are all Stokies but they genuinely feel for Vale. They laugh at me being a Valiant, yes but they do not want Vale to go down again. My brother admits that there are loads of Lardies near to where he sits that openly scorn and mock everything Vale do but there appears to be quite a number who want Vale to do reasonably well, but not too well! Also there are a good number of Stokies that actually go to some Vale matches but they do not advertise that fact!

Good banter and humour are what it's all about, simply ignore the uneducated, selfish, ignorant ones and Valiants stick together. Believe me Stoke have enough problems of their own as their manager is hated amongst those pretending all is ok at Stoke.

Agree on the Wolves and West Brom fans, I've spoken to several and they are the same. Have a lot of respect for Vale and Rudge for the side we were in the 90s. One Wolves fan I speak to at work always used to say Aspin and Glover were a nightmare for them as Steve Bull never got much joy out of them and they used to kick the **** out of there attackers(in a jokey way obviously!)

To be fair, if it was the other way around I'd be doing the same.

I don’t normally do the grammar and spelling police thing but I think that should be “to be fair, when it is the toher way round I’ll be doing the same.”

Oh God, I’ve got all excited and wet myself again.

Agree on the Wolves and West Brom fans, I've spoken to several and they are the same. Have a lot of respect for Vale and Rudge for the side we were in the 90s. One Wolves fan I speak to at work always used to say Aspin and Glover were a nightmare for them as Steve Bull never got much joy out of them and they used to kick the **** out of there attackers(in a jokey way obviously!)

Strange Shropshire I remember Bully always scoring against us.

Gormless, mouth breathing amoeba-like cattle, shuffling around Hanley with their red and white tops perilously stretched over their porcine, bin-bag full of custard like bodies, grazing from a Greggs paper bag with teeth as golden yellow as the sauage roll pastry they're chewing on open-mouthed, on their weekly shuffle to the Job Centre to sign on before popping into Poundstretcher to spend the dole money on Tesco value Vodka, frozen horseburgers and diabetes sweets for their feral offspring.

I ******* hate Stoke fans, me.

Each and every one.

Urchins.

The prem is light years away from where we are these days. I find the rivalry from Stoke fans is almost a warm, nostalgic feeling these days.

I can still remember the smug feeling of superiority we had from our regular wins in 90s and early 00s.

It will return.

Stoke are a small club currently in a big league but are also one that is terrified of dropping down like Coventry. Stoke have ALWAYS been scared of the Vale and that is why they talk about us so much. You only have to go back to the 69/70 season and see the venum being spitted out when we won at the Victoria ground. N40 were supposed to be the dread of UK football but they never did away with the Vale Lads. Why do you think Coates pays for them to go away matches free, its to try and get rid of the Nemesis that is the Vale by buying loyalty. He is terrified that the Pheonix will rise and his beloved effluent will start to droop. What other small club who makes it to the Premiership, and manages to get mid table finishes most years, would be moaning about where they were and that the manager wasn't playing Brazilian football. Make no bones about it Stoke City FC are THE most insecure team in the premiership and it is the only team in there that worries about a team at the level of Vale. Do Wolves and West Brom become paranoid about Walsall or Derby about Burton. We are their Nemesis - and they know it and are afraid - very afraid and that is why they try and belittle us

I've been banned off the shitcake as they cant take banter, they can certainly give it out but they cant take it. They still seemed obsessed with little Port Vale , infact its quite embarrassing that a Premier league club starts a thread about their 4th division neighbours.

Archived