onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oatcake-Stoke fans they they do care!

Shropshire_Valiant

Stoke fan here.

If it provides any clarity, many of us aren't actually that arsed about the Vale's current predicament.

Yes, it's a bit funny to some of us, but on the whole I think many of us are more arsed about our next game in the soulless, money-filled cesspit of a League we currently reside in.

There's a place for you in L2 if you want it.

Advert

Yes I do know who you are Werrington. Not sure what you're insinuating by I know where you are. After all as you said it's only banter.

Not sure either what is embarrassing as all I wrote is true of posts on the oatcake.

As I previously posted the intellect is such that there aren't many threads not containing the C word.

What is embarrassing is not what I posted but a grown man using LOL

The thing is I can find Stoke fans being amused at our plight and even bantering about it that's football, but there are ones on there boasting about battering Vale fans and seen other wanting the club to fold etc. Problem is Stoke fans don't know banter they like to dish it but not take it. Their responce is to get violent and aggressive.

Plenty of Stoke fans got a battering as well but we don't brag about it. Local rivalry is what's good about supporting your team.

Yes I do know who you are Werrington. Not sure what you're insinuating by I know where you are. After all as you said it's only banter.

Not sure either what is embarrassing as all I wrote is true of posts on the oatcake.

As I previously posted the intellect is such that there aren't many threads not containing the C word.

What is embarrassing is not what I posted but a grown man using LOL

Sent you a pm

I had actually wrongly thought that 'Werrington' knew who I was. He is a good bloke and we share a few mutual friends as well as knowing each other.

No issues with him and I can assure you that he has been through the Telford Nuneaton debacles in the past so is a fan of long standing and certainly knows the dross we are suffering at the moment.

That said he is still a lard git!!!!

Stoke are a small club currently in a big league but are also one that is terrified of dropping down like Coventry. Stoke have ALWAYS been scared of the Vale and that is why they talk about us so much. You only have to go back to the 69/70 season and see the venum being spitted out when we won at the Victoria ground. N40 were supposed to be the dread of UK football but they never did away with the Vale Lads. Why do you think Coates pays for them to go away matches free, its to try and get rid of the Nemesis that is the Vale by buying loyalty. He is terrified that the Pheonix will rise and his beloved effluent will start to droop. What other small club who makes it to the Premiership, and manages to get mid table finishes most years, would be moaning about where they were and that the manager wasn't playing Brazilian football. Make no bones about it Stoke City FC are THE most insecure team in the premiership and it is the only team in there that worries about a team at the level of Vale. Do Wolves and West Brom become paranoid about Walsall or Derby about Burton. We are their Nemesis - and they know it and are afraid - very afraid and that is why they try and belittle us

I think that having seen a screengrab of this post circulated widely on Twitter amongst Stoke fans proves the point.

I had actually wrongly thought that 'Werrington' knew who I was. He is a good bloke and we share a few mutual friends as well as knowing each other.

No issues with him and I can assure you that he has been through the Telford Nuneaton debacles in the past so is a fan of long standing and certainly knows the dross we are suffering at the moment.

That said he is still a lard git!!!!

Wezza is sound as is TP,both a bit deluded but……

If my Stokie mates start giving me grief all I say to them is "I know you're in the PL but don't forget,you've only won one major trophy more than us".

That usually shuts them up.

Stokie mates?!!Stokie ****ing mates?!!Tony,you need to come to terms with yourself.:wink:

To be fair there's still a long way to go to beat the 1,199 page "Change a letter word game" thread, or the 452 page "6 word story" thread or even the 108 page House music thread. It's a busy board with an insufferable amount of international breaks.

That said there are some extreme views which I certainly don't share that I'm sure would be replicated this side of the city. The Vale fans I work with and know in the main we have a good crack in terms of banter and it very rarely goes beyond the line. But a rivalry is a rivalry irrespective of the divisions of the two teams in question and that should never change.

To be fair there's still a long way to go to beat the 1,199 page "Change a letter word game" thread, or the 452 page "6 word story" thread or even the 108 page House music thread.

There was also that long running one about strange sexual practices with bottoms.

Archived