onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

Advert

Norm just shell out on a quality manager and I'll move on. You ain't going anywhere. Just appoint Adkins or Coleman and keep your mouth shut and I'll return the favour. I'm probably always going to dislike you and think you're a deranged madman but just calm it all down, get us winning games and keep off all forms of media.

The common sense approach and mine too start doing the right things and I'll stay off your case

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Ridiculous argument. You believe he is a liar, I believe that the truth is somewhere between his version and yours. I've seen threats made to him on twitter. It's you on about calling him a name on a forum not me.

I'm talking about threats to him and his family which have been posted on social media. Whether or not they're viable threats I don't know, but they existed, broke the law and are totally uncalled for.

Criticize the guy all you want. I'm billed as a huge smurf fan (i'm not) but I will defend him when people lie about him and when people threaten him and his family.

Fans at the Vale and mostly on here want it both ways they want someone to bank roll be club with experienced managers, good players and to win everytime they roll the dice as well well as someone who is going to listen to fans concerns and be Mr Port Vale. It just doesn't happen. In fact fans when we got into the top half of league 1 did start to get bored again.

Anyone who is going to bank roll a club is going to be egotistical, big headed and want it done their way...after all they are parting with millions of their own money and want a massive say on what's done with it. Personally if I brought the club, even as a fan I wouldnt give the slightest of ***** what Dave from tunstall thinks about the pies or what I said on Facebook last week. It's my club and I run it how I want to because it's my ******* money going into it.

Smurf is a weapon but the second guessing, conspiracy theories (like the one this week that Brown is losing on purpose so Smurf can fold the club) , *** heads abusing him in the street is going to affect him and what he does. I don't blame him for staying away he's a human with a family at the end of the day. Yes he's ballsed up over the last 12-18 months, yes we've gone backwards and yes he's a stubborn big mouth but I don't for one second think or accept he's done any of it on purpose. It could have been avoided and I think he is honest that it's his mistakes that leave us where we are.

Like a minority on here I think the truth lies somewhere between what we hear and what he says. Personally if he starts to progress us on the pitch and we get a competitive team again I don't see him having to go as a priority, partly because I don't think he intends on being around for years to come and secondly because he can afford to make it happen for us if he chooses.

For the club to move forward as a fan base we have to start to try and build bridges with the owner, re-engage him and him with us. Let's hope moving forward he leaves twitter alone and gets some better passwords .

Let's give him an opportunity to appoint a decent manager and get us going again. We are only 8 games in and could still go up this year

Cut the crap Dickholl. Smurthwaite is on a one man mission to destroy the club. Out of spite. And he's doing a bloody good job for once. Abused? Oh dear me. Someone should ask V2001 what it is like to be abused. Right or wrong. He's had nothing and neither has his snow flake foul mouthed daughter. I hope it stays that way.

Personally if he starts to progress us on the pitch and we get a competitive team

When will that be my friend? He's had three years. Look where we are man. Look where we are. Stop umming this chump.

There are so many people on here who are such fans of the guy who has taken us to the bottom of the league, nicked the ground, saddled us with huge debt, alienated and abused the fans, made us an even bigger joke club than ever.

You know who you all are. And you are a disgrace.

Fans at the Vale and mostly on here want it both ways they want someone to bank roll be club with experienced managers, good players and to win everytime they roll the dice as well well as someone who is going to listen to fans concerns and be Mr Port Vale. It just doesn't happen. In fact fans when we got into the top half of league 1 did start to get bored again.

Anyone who is going to bank roll a club is going to be egotistical, big headed and want it done their way...after all they are parting with millions of their own money and want a massive say on what's done with it. Personally if I brought the club, even as a fan I wouldnt give the slightest of ***** what Dave from tunstall thinks about the pies or what I said on Facebook last week. It's my club and I run it how I want to because it's my ******* money going into it.

Smurf is a weapon but the second guessing, conspiracy theories (like the one this week that Brown is losing on purpose so Smurf can fold the club) , *** heads abusing him in the street is going to affect him and what he does. I don't blame him for staying away he's a human with a family at the end of the day. Yes he's ballsed up over the last 12-18 months, yes we've gone backwards and yes he's a stubborn big mouth but I don't for one second think or accept he's done any of it on purpose. It could have been avoided and I think he is honest that it's his mistakes that leave us where we are.

Like a minority on here I think the truth lies somewhere between what we hear and what he says. Personally if he starts to progress us on the pitch and we get a competitive team again I don't see him having to go as a priority, partly because I don't think he intends on being around for years to come and secondly because he can afford to make it happen for us if he chooses.

For the club to move forward as a fan base we have to start to try and build bridges with the owner, re-engage him and him with us. Let's hope moving forward he leaves twitter alone and gets some better passwords .

Let's give him an opportunity to appoint a decent manager and get us going again. We are only 8 games in and could still go up this year

No......he's done enough, i passionately despise norman smugwaite, he's ruined and ripped the love I use to have on Saturday for the vale, I will not go to vale park whilst he's there, and if you owned the club.....you've stated you wouldn't care what the fans think....so your just like smurf!

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

The best bit was when he said fans keep saying things that they actually end up believing it's true!

You couldn't make it up.

The man is a pathological liar. A narcissistic egotistical sociopath.

That interview was just to plead to the naive lot amongst you that he's the saviour again.

I can't wait until he makes his next decision.

He's absolutely clueless. I was surprised someone at RS didn't pick the violin up halfway through!

He's an embarrassment to Port Vale Football Club and if you believe even a tenth of what comes out of his mouth and actually believe things will improve now, you're just as much of an embarrassment, if not a bigger one.

When he said that if it wasn't for a minority spitting at him and damaging his car (first I've heard of this) he would now be at the helm pumping serious money in the club.

You wouldn't Norman. You're just saying that to divide supporters even more you cretin.

He will only sell when its in a better place than when he bought it.

Translated it means I'm holding you ransom and there's nothing you can do about it!

We will look back at this day in years to come and realise it was an embarrassing, sorry day for PVFC.

The man is, well, there are no words anymore. And people still get sucked in by it all.

More fool you.

Over the years its always the chairmans job to employ folk to do that good of a job so that your customers keep coming .

Ive shook the hand of Bill Bell and was major impressed by the duo of him and John Rudge until the bosman ruling then it went downhill .

To say i want all the money ive put in back is unforgiveable id never ask for money back and ive watched Vale play many a bad game over 30 years.

I dont want hear a thing of the chairman as im only interested in the teams welfare so this next appointment needs to be the best he was ever made.

Page was at home a good manager yet away a waste of space and in the end was glad c him gone as Vale have to play well home and away.

Will say this about page though he kept faith with the supposed deadwood Duffy Yates Birchall Dodds etc and they never embarassed us they were a credit to the club .

These last two well Bruno fluked some wins then turned us into a laughing stock then Brown well that 30 odd game stint was nothing short of abysmal.

So i dont care how much it costs get the right man in who can

1 put pride back in the shirt

2 win games

3 Be not tactically out manouevered

4 Get folk buzzing about Port Vale again .

5 Make u Mr Smurfwaite sell up as winning surprisingly attracts new support and maybe some one will take notice from abroad who is very rich and come move Vale to the levels there passionate and superb support deserve.

If u smurf go this week aswell that would be fab .

Money aint everything u could drop down dead tomoz so go and let someone come in and have the skills to get all the workforce and fans onside .

Not im not going cause Rudgeys gone etc or i support Vale but never go ,i aint going till they win ,etc etc .

I want people in that ground and the only way get them inis everyoneis pulling inthe same direction .

With u Smurf thats never going be he case so please do the right thing by Port Vale .

Tranmere dont have a very high opinion of Adams.

If Norman is going to take his time finding a replacement for Brown, do you really think that we are better being led (I use the term loosely) by Morgan and Kelly than by Micky?

If Micky is the only person Norman trusts, who else would he bring in?

We need experienced management now while we have a good chance of escape. By the time Norman makes his mind up, we could be beyond saving with those two in charge. More of the same will give us more of the same.

This is about the art of the possible.

If Norman is going to take his time finding a replacement for Brown, do you really think that we are better being led (I use the term loosely) by Morgan and Kelly than by Micky?

If Micky is the only person Norman trusts, who else would he bring in?

We need experienced management now while we have a good chance of escape. By the time Norman makes his mind up, we could be beyond saving with those two in charge. More of the same will give us more of the same.

We are not Tranmere.

Take time it's already to late imho we will be down by xmas whoever replaces brown even fergy out of retirement assisted by big Sam couldn't save this sinking ship !!

Just listened to his interview and Smurf sounds very bitter about the club to me which is why I don't understand why he's not going to sell the club.

He sounds like he just wants to be loved by fans - well appoint a proper experienced manager along with a sincere apology for the way he has treated fans would be a good place to start.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Archived