onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chester v The Mighty Whites, SVA Pre-season ???

vale on toower

Another sly dig at Michael Brown.

Anyway, it seems we didn't do that well today but I'll always remember the pre season that we got promoted out of this league and playing Tranmere a week before the start. It finished 1-1 and it was awful to watch. No creativity and seemingly no hope for the season.

The rest is history.

Too many people worry about friendlies, performances and results.

This time next Saturday we will know where we are.

Probably not a sly dig at all. Last season we seemed to loose a player to injury every game. Just hope that does not happen this season.

Advert

Maybe so but they do show area of weakness. Many on here last season claimed we would struggle to score and then came to be. We need a creative player otherwise we will struggle once more.

Agrees we need another midfielder but we have only lost one friendly by a dubious goal at that. Defence seems very sound and that's a good start. Need to get Forrester fit he could be better than any of our forwards. Need another winger and a full back. Expect De Freitas will play at start. May have to get another striker on loan to cover Barnett injury time out. Looking forward to West Brom game to see how we do. Chester etc nothing to lose, people forget we drew with Blackpool who where promoted out of this league! Concede less goals win more matches, or draw more matches, if we had drawn a couple last year we wouldn't have been relegated!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Agrees we need another midfielder but we have only lost one friendly by a dubious goal at that. Defence seems very sound and that's a good start. Need to get Forrester fit he could be better than any of our forwards. Need another winger and a full back. Expect De Freitas will play at start. May have to get another striker on loan to cover Barnett injury time out. Looking forward to West Brom game to see how we do. Chester etc nothing to lose, people forget we drew with Blackpool who where promoted out of this league! Concede less goals win more matches, or draw more matches, if we had drawn a couple last year we wouldn't have been relegated!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I know it's in the past, and what's gone is gone, but if we hadn't conceded a 95th min. equaliser at Gillingham we wouldn't have been relegated.

Couldn't give a monkeys about the result. What concerns me immensely is another of our key players (and in this case most key player) going off with what looks like another lengthy injury (Montano). I don't blame anyone but my god we have no luck do we?

You're right, we seem to have no luck. If Montano is out for any length of time, Brown can feel a bit hard done by, but this is where you need quantity as well as quality in the squad. Already it's starting to look a bit thin with Barnett and possibly Montano on the sidelines. The subs' bench today also looked a bit weak, made up largely of our development players.

To me, we're still 4 or 5 players short of a competitive squad - a third winger, a left back, and two midfielders at least. We're told we have a competitive budget, so let's hope it enables us to make up the numbers. Brown really has to get this sorted out quickly - going to Crawley with a makeshift left back and no ball player in midfield is taking a bit of a risk. We will have been scouted today and Crawley will know exactly where we're short. Let's hope Darren Wrack has a few names on his scouting list.

Pretty poor showing on the whole, though Chester looked decent and motivated. Our lack of creativity in the side is shocking though, and unless Brown solves that before the season gets under way we'll finish mid-table at best.

Nah, couple more right backs should do the trick. Can never have enough right backs.

I'm getting a strong sense that we need a left back and some legs/ creativity in midfield.

Would agree desperate for a LB Gunning is clearly a CB having seen him play for the 1st time today. Can only hope MB is saving the legs of Reeves and DEF for West Brom.Playing Tongue and Pugh together shows how poor the squad is in that area. Team looks very short of creativity. Fingers crossed Monty is OK otherwise it's going to look bleak.

Archived