onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chester v The Mighty Whites, SVA Pre-season ???

vale on toower

Sly dig? 😂 It's fact man, realise it!

We were very poor today against a side that was far more creative and had more zip and guile about their game.

We are in danger of being one paced dad's army without Monty.

A few days ago, pvfcprogs posted on twitter that on this day we had beaten Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 in a friendly. I remember that game well, we were awesome. We tore a very good Wednesday side apart and we looked like a team that could challenge at the top.

What happened? We got relegated and suffered Glover followed by Sinnott and one of the worst periods in our history.

Friendlies mean nothing. They are about giving players game time, about building up fitness and identifying what works and what doesn't work. Before the trip abroad people were raving about our performance against Derby, or the fact we were racking up high scores against Newcastle and Kidsgrove.

If things go badly against Crawley that's when we panic.

Advert

My guess was yesterday we set up how we would in away games in the small grounds many teams have at this level. We looked compact. Bottom line was our keeper made one save and an excellent goal for them. Two very tall teams, we looked big and they were bigger still.

All this over-analysis and emphasis on friendly results is madness. They are there to try players out, try formations out, get fit, look at triallists, and prepare for the season. The results matter less than what is learned.

It's time to start the season with hope and support for the new manager, the new players and the club - and not even if we start the first few games with mediocre results should anyone start to panic or throw tantrums.

Even more so than last season, when we started with a solid base of Alnwick, Streete Foley and Grant and added mostly new players also finding a gem in Smith, this time we have an almost entirely new team built round Smith.

Give them space and time to gel, learn and breathe, and evolve into something effective and powerful.

Forget the agendas, the ridiculous innuendo that the manager is to blame for injuries and suchlike, and let our new Port Vale do the business, with support from all.

Bet you aren't much fun yourself you happy clapper Brown fan.

Do you ever give up? You've been waiting for us to not give a completely convincing display (despite it being pre season against a very physical team), hovering over your keyboard waiting to put your 50ps worth in about Brown.

I suppose you have another attention seeking tool like ****** backing you up on this occasion though so your not just some lone ******** spouting nonsense, .

This was a good work out for the lads against tough, physical, honest opposition. I'm not disappointed with a draw at all. The only thing I'm disappointed at is Monty's injury, but no one is to blame for that, just hope it's a minor one. I'd rather him pick up something like this now than a month into the season.

We still need a left back and a centre mid, the same as a week ago. They are out there, the manager and Colin know that they need to add a couple and I'm sure they will. What happened to Shelaj? I think he might have been a decent backup winger. Either way, I'm confident we can beat Crawley and that's what counts.

No. It's a sly dig because of your agenda towards an unproven manager.

I'd love for him to meet you to his face and tell him what you've put on here over the last few months.

Injury issues have stemmed for a few years now. Do your research. Bruno. Page. Micky. All suffered with depleted squads.

You're just a gobby **** who hates Michael Brown.

Sad little man.

You never replied to my Facebook message either.

You really are a pathetic little keyboard warrior.

Here's to promotion. 😁

Christ how man you times can you break forum rules in one post, your personal posting style is just vile 😂

I have no agenda, I want the best for my club and nothing would give me greater pleasure than for Brown to lead us to promotion.

Sadly Brown has now been in charge of the playing side for 8 months and muscle injuries specifically are a huge problem, he even referenced it after Barnett's injury. You have to deal with it and face reality and take the irrational personal rants out of your posts.

I've met Michael Brown a couple of times, a superb player, as yet a failing manager who I desperately hope learns from his early mistakes.

Now please stop being so personal, it's simply silly.

Do you ever give up? You've been waiting for us to not give a completely convincing display (despite it being pre season against a very physical team), hovering over your keyboard waiting to put your 50ps worth in about Brown.

I suppose you have another attention seeking tool like ******* backing you up on this occasion though so your not just some lone ********** spouting nonsense, .

This was a good work out for the lads against tough, physical, honest opposition. I'm not disappointed with a draw at all. The only thing I'm disappointed at is Monty's injury, but no one is to blame for that, just hope it's a minor one. I'd rather him pick up something like this now than a month into the season.

We still need a left back and a centre mid, the same as a week ago. They are out there, the manager and Colin know that they need to add a couple and I'm sure they will. What happened to Shelaj? I think he might have been a decent backup winger. Either way, I'm confident we can beat Crawley and that's what counts.

For the avoidance of doubt as you peversley chose to name check me in your rant towards another poster I don't seek attention, I post my views without the need to abuse others. I'm sure you too are better than that.

A few days ago, pvfcprogs posted on twitter that on this day we had beaten Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 in a friendly. I remember that game well, we were awesome. We tore a very good Wednesday side apart and we looked like a team that could challenge at the top.

What happened? We got relegated and suffered Glover followed by Sinnott and one of the worst periods in our history.

Friendlies mean nothing. They are about giving players game time, about building up fitness and identifying what works and what doesn't work. Before the trip abroad people were raving about our performance against Derby, or the fact we were racking up high scores against Newcastle and Kidsgrove.

There is a logic to that but I am worried we are a week away from the start of the season and look so lethargic with a huge issue at left back and zero pace in the centre of midfield.

For the avoidance of doubt as you peversley chose to name check me in your rant towards another poster I don't seek attention' date=' I post my views without the need to abuse others. I'm sure you too are better than that.[/quote']

Fair enough, I aren't going to get into an argument on here with you. I know that my posts (all 37 of them or whatever) can be pretty crass at times and probably get a touch personal, but when I see the manager getting nailed when he hasn't done anything wrong yet (ecspecially in pre season) I can't help but get a tad emotional about it.

I actually think your posts have more balance then Ernies (which isn't that hard considering how ridiculous/flawed his posts are) do and aside from on this topic I actually agree with you on other vale related stuff, I just think your way way off the mark here.

We aren't dads army, we aren't this geriatric squad with no legs, our manager is unproven at this level and is doing his god damn best with let's face it, his hands still probably tied due to our behind the scenes chairman. And most of all, the season hasn't started yet.

I would go further than that. if things go badly at Crawley still no time for panic. Given this team will probably only start with Smith,Pugh and Maybe DEF from last season patience and time will be needed.

Time to panic will be end of September if it's not beginning to click.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

There is a logic to that but I am worried we are a week away from the start of the season and look so lethargic with a huge issue at left back and zero pace in the centre of midfield.

We are lethargic cause the players have been ran into the ground for the past 3 weeks to get fit. Fitness emphasis will reduce now as we do more ball work and shape over the next week to get ready.

I would be amazed if we are like that come kick off.

Walter I know you're a die hard and you support the team regardless based on your comments, but sometimes you have to be realistic.

Kaye,Davis and Gunning better than Streete? Really???

How good was Streete? He needed more time to develop and really about same level as Davis. Kay has experience and a good career. Even Gunning played at a much higher level than Streete. Nobody in the queuing up for his services and he has probably played only 25 Games at a reasonable level. Smith much younger and showing Streete the kind of consistency required. Great believer that centre halves mature with age there are plenty at their best at 28/30 years old. Streete might have improved if he had stayed working with Morgan this season. I hope he finds a club and settles down to have a good career but fear he won't.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived