onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chester v The Mighty Whites, SVA Pre-season ???

vale on toower

They've been the better footballing side, which is a bit worrying, and fully deserve to be level at the very least. The guy who scored their goal has looked good all afternoon. Let's hope that Pope is saving his goals for when the real stuff starts! If we start with Pugh and Tonge together in midfield then we're not going to do anything next season I'm afraid. Both far too defensive and slow. Pugh needs De Freitas next to him and Tonge, if signed, should be nothing but a back up player.

Advert

Pretty poor showing on the whole, though Chester looked decent and motivated. Our lack of creativity in the side is shocking though, and unless Brown solves that before the season gets under way we'll finish mid-table at best.

No such thing as coincidence' date=' it's been happening for 8 months.[/quote']

Another sly dig at Michael Brown.

Anyway, it seems we didn't do that well today but I'll always remember the pre season that we got promoted out of this league and playing Tranmere a week before the start. It finished 1-1 and it was awful to watch. No creativity and seemingly no hope for the season.

The rest is history.

Too many people worry about friendlies, performances and results.

This time next Saturday we will know where we are.

I'm not too concerned by this performance/result, just as I wasn't getting too carried away by battering Kidsgrove and Newcastle. The standard of new signings have been better than I expected but there are still a few more needed if we want to challenge for promotion.

I went to the ticket office today to pick up my season ticket and they had closed at 3 pm so the bloke in the shop said but typical Vale no signs to say opening times.So Monday -Friday 9-5 pm sat 9-3 pm hope this saves any wasted journeys

Another sly dig at Michael Brown.

Anyway, it seems we didn't do that well today but I'll always remember the pre season that we got promoted out of this league and playing Tranmere a week before the start. It finished 1-1 and it was awful to watch. No creativity and seemingly no hope for the season.

The rest is history.

Too many people worry about friendlies, performances and results.

This time next Saturday we will know where we are.

Maybe so but they do show area of weakness. Many on here last season claimed we would struggle to score and then came to be. We need a creative player otherwise we will struggle once more.

This has been the case for many weeks. Got a Deja Vu feeling that this could be January all over again, stand by for panic buys.

Desperately need a left back and creative midfielder, let's hope Brown can get something sorted this week

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Maybe so but they do show area of weakness. Many on here last season claimed we would struggle to score and then came to be. We need a creative player otherwise we will struggle once more.

Totally agree. If Brown starts with Pugh AND Tonge in league games then there will have to be serious questions asked.

Hopefully two or three more signings to come and as you say a creative player is certainly on that list.

Archived