onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chester v The Mighty Whites, SVA Pre-season ???

vale on toower

How good was Streete? He needed more time to develop and really about same level as Davis. Kay has experience and a good career. Even Gunning played at a much higher level than Streete. Nobody in the queuing up for his services and he has probably played only 25 Games at a reasonable level. Smith much younger and showing Streete the kind of consistency required. Great believer that centre halves mature with age there are plenty at their best at 28/30 years old. Streete might have improved if he had stayed working with Morgan this season. I hope he finds a club and settles down to have a good career but fear he won't.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Gunning has played at 'a much higher level' than streete. Playing in Scotland is not a much higher level.

If we went back a couple of months and we had a choice between streete and gunning or davis you would have chosen streete. Without a doubt. You can support our players but come on!

Advert

We are lethargic cause the players have been ran into the ground for the past 3 weeks to get fit. Fitness emphasis will reduce now as we do more ball work and shape over the next week to get ready.

I would be amazed if we are like that come kick off.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

It is such a relief to read something sensible and realistic. Surely, forgetting all personal opinions and biases, we should trust to the manager and his team to know the best way to start the season and prepare for it by using friendlies and specific training routines.

Whatever anyone's personal opinion of Michael Brown and his team, they have the benefit and knowledge of dozens of pre-seasons at the highest elite levels and it is not unreasonable to think that they might know better on this than any of the fans.

Yes, have an opinion that differs by all means, but nobody should think that Brown, Morgan and the rest learned nothing in their careers and don't know what they are doing.

Do you ever give up? You've been waiting for us to not give a completely convincing display (despite it being pre season against a very physical team), hovering over your keyboard waiting to put your 50ps worth in about Brown.

I suppose you have another attention seeking tool like ****** backing you up on this occasion though so your not just some lone ******** spouting nonsense, .

This was a good work out for the lads against tough, physical, honest opposition. I'm not disappointed with a draw at all. The only thing I'm disappointed at is Monty's injury, but no one is to blame for that, just hope it's a minor one. I'd rather him pick up something like this now than a month into the season.

We still need a left back and a centre mid, the same as a week ago. They are out there, the manager and Colin know that they need to add a couple and I'm sure they will. What happened to Shelaj? I think he might have been a decent backup winger. Either way, I'm confident we can beat Crawley and that's what counts.

Glad you think they will beat Crawley.

The last two games against Buxton and Chester have been abysmal and bought you Brown lovers down to earth after the Kidsgrove and Newcastle games.

As you agree that we need a left back and central midfielder tell me why Brown has signed another centre back and will soon announce Tonge has signed(worse kept secret at Vale Park).Dont suppose teams in Div2 will be physical like Chester.

If as you say Brown has got this in hand why is he leaving it until a week before the season to do anything.These will just be panic signings and take weeks to get up to speed or injured by Browns keep fit regime.

Glad you think they will beat Crawley.

The last two games against Buxton and Chester have been abysmal and bought you Brown lovers down to earth after the Kidsgrove and Newcastle games.

As you agree that we need a left back and central midfielder tell me why Brown has signed another centre back and will soon announce Tonge has signed(worse kept secret at Vale Park).Dont suppose teams in Div2 will be physical like Chester.

If as you say Brown has got this in hand why is he leaving it until a week before the season to do anything.These will just be panic signings and take weeks to get up to speed or injured by Browns keep fit regime.

That wasn't an abysmal display at Chester yesterday. It was good resilience in a difficult away fixture where Chester were better than expected and have a pretty useful team. I expect us to face a similar challenge at Crawley next week. I feel we need to offer more going forward as we played through Pope the whole game and lacked progressive passing, creation, box to box in central midfield. But I guess bringing that in might have reduced the resilience in defending.

It was certainly a stark contrast to the start of last season when we were playing out from the back and dribbling round our own penalty box. This was target man football with Pope the key man. I would like to see us offer a bit more choice than that through the fullbacks and midfield, but as it went Pope played well. I was also impressed with the fitness and physicality of the team. That looked good to me, albeit we have some veterans and perhaps lack enough pace.

Remembering Gillingham who won the league last time we got promoted. Their hallmark was professional organisation above League 2 standard. We are capable of being like that with the experience in the team.

Anybody who has played football at any level knows that friendly matches mean nothing,Vale players may put more in against west brom because they are a premier team,but the key result of any friendly is zero injuries..

Anybody who has played football at any level knows that friendly matches mean nothing,Vale players may put more in against west brom because they are a premier team,but the key result of any friendly is zero injuries..

To me, if we are going to play target man football and already have strikers injured, we must keep Pope fit or the whole approach will have to change to fluid forwards. I'm not sure we can do that.

Gunning has played at 'a much higher level' than streete. Playing in Scotland is not a much higher level.

If we went back a couple of months and we had a choice between streete and gunning or davis you would have chosen streete. Without a doubt. You can support our players but come on!

People underestimate Scottish football I watched Hearts v Dunfermline yesterday way above Div 1 level. Everybody has their own idea on players and whilst I felt that Streete was at last progressing he still had a lot to do, others clubs have seen what I have seen so unless they wanted someone to work hard on he wasn't their choice. If Vale had kept him they would have had to do more work too.

People underestimate Scottish football I watched Hearts v Dunfermline yesterday way above Div 1 level. Everybody has their own idea on players and whilst I felt that Streete was at last progressing he still had a lot to do, others clubs have seen what I have seen so unless they wanted someone to work hard on he wasn't their choice. If Vale had kept him they would have had to do more work too.

I watched that as well and going off topic, Joe Cardle scored an absolute beauty.

I watched Montrose v Alloa in the Scottish League Cup at Montrose live in mid week. I thought that was a skillful game and the midfield components were better than I saw yesterday at Chester. That said I think the physicality of Vale and possibly Chester was better in terms of strength, but not pace. If Port Vale had been playing Montrose or Alloa they may have won because of greater physical presence, but not because there was more skill on display.

Archived