onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chester v The Mighty Whites, SVA Pre-season ???

vale on toower

How good was Streete? He needed more time to develop and really about same level as Davis. Kay has experience and a good career. Even Gunning played at a much higher level than Streete. Nobody in the queuing up for his services and he has probably played only 25 Games at a reasonable level. Smith much younger and showing Streete the kind of consistency required. Great believer that centre halves mature with age there are plenty at their best at 28/30 years old. Streete might have improved if he had stayed working with Morgan this season. I hope he finds a club and settles down to have a good career but fear he won't.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Sorry that's a load of rubbish. Streete was excellent last season along with smith. He's miles better than Davis and gunning.

Advert

How good was Streete? He needed more time to develop and really about same level as Davis. Kay has experience and a good career. Even Gunning played at a much higher level than Streete. Nobody in the queuing up for his services and he has probably played only 25 Games at a reasonable level. Smith much younger and showing Streete the kind of consistency required. Great believer that centre halves mature with age there are plenty at their best at 28/30 years old. Streete might have improved if he had stayed working with Morgan this season. I hope he finds a club and settles down to have a good career but fear he won't.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Remie signed a 2 year deal June 2015 and played 50 odd games for us to end of season 1017.

After the 2–0 FA Cup defeat to Exeter City on 6 December he failed to make the team for 4 months despite being seen as a fans favourite.

So what went wrong? Loss of form? Home sickness? Other players performing better? The exit of Bruno?

Blessed if I know :unsure:

Remie signed a 2 year deal June 2015 and played 50 odd games for us to end of season 1017.

After the 2–0 FA Cup defeat to Exeter City on 6 December he failed to make the team for 4 months despite being seen as a fans favourite.

So what went wrong? Loss of form? Home sickness? Other players performing better? The exit of Bruno?

Blessed if I know :unsure:

I think Page held him accountable for Exeter it seemed.

I think Page held him accountable for Exeter it seemed.

He did have a shocker, not only did he play poorly but he also looked disinterested. I recall him being bullied off the ball numerous times by players that he should have been eating for breakfast. Not many others played particularly well be IMHO Streete stood out for all the wrong reasons.

BTW I'd have him back tomorrow if we could get him on a decent wage.

In regards to friendlies performances are always much more important than results of course. But I wasn't impressed by Vale against Chester, they looked a better footballing side than we did over the 90 minutes. The fact that our players have had a really tough pre-season, and the fact that the Chester lads were no doubt more fired up than we were, obviously played a big part. But it's clear to see that Pugh and Tonge in the middle of the park is not the way forward. Both players are too slow and pedestrian, and lack creativity. Bringing in De Freitas for Tonge would help somewhat, but we're still lacking in arguably the most important area on the pitch and it does need sorting asap.

He did have a shocker, not only did he play poorly but he also looked disinterested. I recall him being bullied off the ball numerous times by players that he should have been eating for breakfast. Not many others played particularly well be IMHO Streete stood out for all the wrong reasons.

BTW I'd have him back tomorrow if we could get him on a decent wage.

That was a real turning point for Vales fortunes. If AJ Leitch Smith had scored that chance he headed over the bar at nil nil we would have gone on and won. Then we would still be in League 1 with Page in charge and the Bruno nightmare would never have happened. Sliding Doors....

That was a real turning point for Vales fortunes. If AJ Leitch Smith had scored that chance he headed over the bar at nil nil we would have gone on and won. Then we would still be in League 1 with Page in charge and the Bruno nightmare would never have happened. Sliding Doors....

I think Norman had it on for Page well before that. He'd already slagged him off on Twitter after Bradford away and told BT that he'd sack him live on air if we lost the previous round, so I doubt he'd have still been with us.

In regards to friendlies performances are always much more important than results of course. But I wasn't impressed by Vale against Chester, they looked a better footballing side than we did over the 90 minutes. The fact that our players have had a really tough pre-season, and the fact that the Chester lads were no doubt more fired up than we were, obviously played a big part. But it's clear to see that Pugh and Tonge in the middle of the park is not the way forward. Both players are too slow and pedestrian, and lack creativity. Bringing in De Freitas for Tonge would help somewhat, but we're still lacking in arguably the most important area on the pitch and it does need sorting asap.

My fear is that Brown is sacrificing skill, technical ability and creativity for a bunch of blokes that he likes who'll run around a lot and kick people, much like he used to.

I was up in Leeds over the weekend with a few Leeds fans who couldn't help but notice the ex Leeds/Sheff Utd players that we've signed and feared for us. I'm not expecting this season to be pretty or have a sniff of promotion.

Don'y know if these highlights have already been posted.

Don't show a great deal but good anticipation from Pyke for his goal, some good saves by vale's keeper, Vale hit bar from corner, their goal was a beauty.

Thanks for the link!

Off topic slightly, but why do all other clubs have highlights of their pre-season games apart from us?

I think Norman had it on for Page well before that. He'd already slagged him off on Twitter after Bradford away and told BT that he'd sack him live on air if we lost the previous round, so I doubt he'd have still been with us.

I get that but if he was being successful it would have made it difficult for Norm to blow him out.

My fear is that Brown is sacrificing skill, technical ability and creativity for a bunch of blokes that he likes who'll run around a lot and kick people, much like he used to. [...] I'm not expecting this season to be pretty or have a sniff of promotion.

Same here. I watched the forum last week and all the coaching staff were at pains to say how great the attitude was on the training ground, what a great hard working bunch of lads we've got etc. etc.

I worry that this could be our epitaph next season.

Same here. I watched the forum last week and all the coaching staff were at pains to say how great the attitude was on the training ground, what a great hard working bunch of lads we've got etc. etc.

Could be yes. Could also be the first season return to L1.

Who really can tell until a few games have been played?

What is also worrying Santa is that they may be hard working and a great bunch of lads but they're also 30+ so how much running around are they going to be doing 10 games into a hectic season?

I think we will be a solid team difficult to beat but even more difficult to watch. Unless we have a big week and sign 2 creative players we will be just a hard working side who will win and loose a couple by the odd goal.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived