onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iFollow for International Fans

NZ PVFC

Advert

I would have thought they'd be employ someone to block the VPN ips at some point, makes no financial sense not to.

I like going to the games and try to get to as many away games on top of my season ticket. But if I thought iFollow was available for the games I can't make it to in person, then I would consider it. Once you start chucking in the cost of a VPN on top of the ifollow package I reckon it starts to not be worth it if you're only watching 10 games a season.

Yeah definitely. The main point I think that would put most off is the fact it's charged for a full season & there's no refunds, can't do a monthly sub etc.

Quick question:

I currently subscribe to Valiant Player.

Does iFollow replace this or will I still get the same Valiant Player services?

You'll have to contact them & badger for a response. Automated FAQ emails are sent out so they might ignore your questions at first. If it turns out they don't have info on it replacing VP, best to contact the club.

I would have thought they'd be employ someone to block the VPN ips at some point, makes no financial sense not to.

The VPN provider I use utilises about 30 odd servers, as well as dynamic DNS modification so it doesn't matter what the IP address is. Good luck blocking all that.

Valiant Player still charged me on 26th June. Is this correct?

Can you still log in & access it? Is there new content? Worth checking, if not ring Vale up & sort out the cancellation/refund (or find out what's actually happening with it).

I've purchased it. Two and a half quid a game! Bargain.

For those in England who will and use a VPN, forget it. It won't work.

I have an android box in Norway and pay an English company for tv channels. When I take it to England and try to use it through a VPN it doesn't work and I get a very shirty email saying they will block my box.

Not a prayer that a vpn will be able to use ifollow in England. Especially due to the amount of clubs involved.

The VPN provider I use utilises about 30 odd servers, as well as dynamic DNS modification so it doesn't matter what the IP address is. Good luck blocking all that.

Doha, I am in Spain and looking for a good VPN provider for iplayer and such like. Could you pm me the company you use if you recommend them.

ZenMate is an extension to google chrome that's always worked for me. If people can use VPN to watch then it won't take them long to either scrap the idea or come up with a fix as clubs would start losing money from less people attending. They should change it to allow the clubs to sell a digital season ticket for away games only. They will need to make it so you can subscribe to one club only though and not allow you to change to whichever you fancied like with valiant player.

Doha, I am in Spain and looking for a good VPN provider for iplayer and such like. Could you pm me the company you use if you recommend them.

Lots floating around, I've been reading a few forums but one in particular is Sheff Wed, quite a few talking about it on there & the VPNs they're using.

Hopefully this helps. I emailed them with this question:

I used to subscribe to Port Vale's Valiant Player.

Does the new iFollow replace this completely? Or will Valiant Player continue to run separately?

Will I still be able to view extended highlights and radio commentary without being part of iFollow?

And got this reply:

If you’re familiar with the PlayerHD platform, iFollow is a completely new service that replaced PlayerHD and offers live audio commentary and on-demand highlights and match replays of home and away matches for your team.

Your PlayerHD account has been migrated so head over to your club’s new iFollow site and reset your password using your email address.

If you paid for your service on a monthly basis, your subscription will roll on. If you bought this service on an ‘Annual’ basis, your subscription will not renew on the anniversary of your purchase.

Thanks,

Hopefully this helps. I emailed them with this question:

And got this reply:

Interesting their reply says, " iFollow is a completely new service that replaced PlayerHD and offers live audio commentary and on-demand highlights and match replays of home and away matches for your team". I understood iFollow would provide live audio and video feed of all matches.

On the Vale website iFollow Season Pass for $140 says, "Watch matches live in high definition and a separate line says Live audio commentary of all matches" so how many live matches are full audio and video and how many matches are just full audio with no video, given the increase in price I would hope the majority if not all are live and full audio and video.

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/ifollow/

I will subscribe to iFollow but admit that this thread has made me ask for more information so that I know exactly what I'm getting.

Archived