onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iFollow for International Fans

NZ PVFC

Advert

I subscribed for a Season's Pass before the Crawley game, cost $140. The Crawley game I got video and Audio (from radio Stoke) it took me approx 10 mins to get the video and Audio to work.

Against Wycombe I got video after trying for 5 minutes but couldn't get video and audio together, I was informed that audio wasn't available on iFollow for the Wycombe game..

Today vs Chesterfield I couldn't get video or audio, whichever way I tried and I tried everything for 45 mins I kept being dircted to Live Text. As the 2nd half started I bought a Match Pass for $7 and I managed to receive video but couldn't access video and audio together (It was either one or the other).

There must be a problem with my account but even when I can access the system it doesn't work well on my desk top, the video is stop start/breaks up. I tried to access the Chestfield game on my IPad but again was directed to Live Text.

IMHO This system is not fit for purpose and the interface to the game is confusing, poorly designed and ambiguous.

I'm going to contact iFollow to try and obtain a refund for this game. I get that iFollow is a new venture and there are teething troubles but this product has been sold even though there are problems with it. A stable product, Valiant Player has been replaced by iFollow which is unstable.

Any joy?

Although from that 1st half performance you should think yourself lucky...

You have to go to match centre from fixtures. It's changed since it started. I wouldn't bother though.

Guys, Many thanks for the suggestions and help, in the end I bought a Match Pass at the beginning of the 2nd half (even though I bought a Seasons Pass pre the Crawley game). Tt worked to a point, the video worked but I couldn't get video and audio together, it was either one or the other.

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that iFollow was released before it was ready, at least Valiant player worked consistently last season, all the bugs seemed to have been ironed out apart from one game.

There must be an access problem with my account.

Were you able to access video and audio today as I could access one or the other but not both together. Also, the video was stop start.

Guys, Many thanks for the suggestions and help, in the end I bought a Match Pass at the beginning of the 2nd half (even though I bought a Seasons Pass pre the Crawley game). Tt worked to a point, the video worked but I couldn't get video and audio together, it was either one or the other.

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that iFollow was released before it was ready, at least Valiant player worked consistently last season, all the bugs seemed to have been ironed out apart from one game.

There must be an access problem with my account.

Were you able to access video and audio today as I could access one or the other but not both together. Also, the video was stop start.

I can only get video OR audio, not both (only way, as Doha suggested, would be to open a separate tab for the audio...but doubt they'd sync).

Like you say, the video is very jerky - almost always at an important moment which is incredibly frustrating.

Not overly impressed with it thus far...

I can only get video OR audio, not both (only way, as Doha suggested, would be to open a separate tab for the audio...but doubt they'd sync).

Like you say, the video is very jerky - almost always at an important moment which is incredibly frustrating.

Not overly impressed with it thus far...

For the Crawley game I'm fairly sure I got video and audio without opening a new tab, the audio did lag behind the video by a few seconds. For the Wycombe game I couldn't access audio at all and the iFollow team told me audio wasn't available for the Wycombe game.

I'm no IT wizzo but I'm gonna try and at least understand what's going on via the IFollow guys.

IMHO This system is not fit for purpose and the interface to the game is confusing, poorly designed and ambiguous.

It is indeed. But it's better than nothing and hopefully will get better. Allows us expats to moan in an informed manner at least.

It is indeed. But it's better than nothing and hopefully will get better. Allows us expats to moan in an informed manner at least.

Yep I agree but it's frustrating and "somewhat funny" at the same time when you look forward to the game all week and all you get is Live Text and have to pay again.

I'm in contact with the iFollow guys to try and sort out my account and the video and/or audio issues and will post information on OVF if theres anything worthwhile. From an e-mail I received this morning it appears the system thought I was resident in the UK which I'm not and I did pay with a US credit card.

Yep I agree but it's frustrating and "somewhat funny" at the same time when you look forward to the game all week and all you get is Live Text and have to pay again.

I'm in contact with the iFollow guys to try and sort out my account and the video and/or audio issues and will post information on OVF if theres anything worthwhile. From an e-mail I received this morning it appears the system thought I was resident in the UK which I'm not and I did pay with a US credit card.

Cheers - it'll be interesting to hear about any reply you get from them...particularly anything regarding possible ways to optimise the video, as this is by far the biggest issue for me.

So despite paying for a Season's Pass on iFollow on 4th August pre the Crawley game I couldn't get into iFollow to watch today's game so had to pay for a Match Pass, the same happened vs Chesterfield even though it worked OK..ish for the Crawley and Wycombe games.

The problem is with my Season Pass account as today, iFollow told me I have a UK Season Pass account (not an International Pass) which doesn't allow me to watch the games from the USA. When I bought my subscription I was given three options, A Free Pass for one game, A Match Pass for $7 or a Season pass for $140, I opted for a Season Pass and paid with a USA Credit Card giving a USA address, the same USA address as on the credit card bill and the amount I had to pay was given in US dollars on the Vale website. I have been in the same location for every game.

No option/information to buy an International Pass was given, I was under the impression that iFollow wasn't available to people in the UK.

I have tried for two weeks to sort this out but keep getting the same replies, today I was also informed that iFollow were being swamped with enquiries and I can hazard a pretty good guess at the reason for that. I am currently trying to get them to change my UK Season Pass to an International Pass which you would think would be relatively straight forward but apparently not.

If all else fails I'll demand a total refund and start again. Anyone helse having the same or similar problem with iFollow. I signed up to this product in good faith expecting some teething problems (audio/video issues) but not something like this, it's ludicrous. Bring back Valiant Player for me.

If you had a UK season pass you wouldn't have been able to watch Crawley or Wycombe live so that is bull. If they think you live in the UK they wouldn't have been able to sell you a live Match pass either. So that is bull. They've screwed up big style. Try and get hold of someone in support with half a brain cell.

Did the same with me, even though I'd paid from a Dutch bank from a Dutch address. But I managed to get it sorted pretty quick. There were people here today complaining that their ifollow was off-line. I don't doubt them, but I had no problem at the same time. It is all a bit disorganized.

It still doesn't work for me with Edge, only Chrome. Not a problem. But they still cannot explain why after much tweaking of security settings.

• 2 months later...

Just interested what Vale fans think of iFollow with ca 1/3 of the season gone.

So far it appears to work consistently although the video often freezes especially at important moments during the game and particularly in the 2nd half. Frustrating that it's not possible to hear audio (Radio Stoke commentary) and video at the same time, it's one or the other. According to iFollow this is club policy.

Because there's no audio when watching the video, need to listen to audio up to the start of the game to hear the team lineups then switch to video. Also there's no time or score given on the video but can easily get this information elsewhere.

Overall, despite the video "freezing" at times it's terrific to actually see live video of the game but it is 2017 and the experience would be so much better if synchronized video and audio were available.

Archived