onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iFollow for International Fans

NZ PVFC

Just interested what Vale fans think of iFollow with ca 1/3 of the season gone.

So far it appears to work consistently although the video often freezes especially at important moments during the game and particularly in the 2nd half. Frustrating that it's not possible to hear audio (Radio Stoke commentary) and video at the same time, it's one or the other. According to iFollow this is club policy.

Because there's no audio when watching the video, need to listen to audio up to the start of the game to hear the team lineups then switch to video. Also there's no time or score given on the video but can easily get this information elsewhere.

Overall, despite the video "freezing" at times it's terrific to actually see live video of the game but it is 2017 and the experience would be so much better if synchronized video and audio were available.

Your video “freezing” might be your wifi. I started on day one trying to mirror it on the big screen. Tried 3 devices with the same problem. Now I just use the app on an iPad - biggest device with a comfortable seat.

Switching from audio to video at kickoff and half time is a pain. I do that at full time, also, but after the last evening game, they cut the feed half way through the interview with Aspin. I switched as quick as I could to the BBC Radio Stoke website, but that was blacked out (as it is on Saturdays until 5pm local time). The iFollow people say that’s up to the club and Alex Lowe blamed iFollow.

I don’t mind having no commentary (especially since Lee Blakeman seems to have been abducted by aliens to cover St*ke). It’s like being in the stands with crowd noise. Now if the could only sync the sound with the video...,

It sounds odd to see a goal or a foul and hear the crowd reaction 5 seconds later.

One thing that Vale have failed to do is update the iFollow app with player and manager interviews. Also, I seem to recall we were supposed to be able to replay the entire game afterwards, not just extended highlights.

Overall, we’re blessed. For $140 we get to see 46 games, home and away. Well maybe not Accrington away. UK fans don’t see any.

Advert

Your video “freezing” might be your wifi. I started on day one trying to mirror it on the big screen. Tried 3 devices with the same problem. Now I just use the app on an iPad - biggest device with a comfortable seat.

Switching from audio to video at kickoff and half time is a pain. I do that at full time, also, but after the last evening game, they cut the feed half way through the interview with Aspin. I switched as quick as I could to the BBC Radio Stoke website, but that was blacked out (as it is on Saturdays until 5pm local time). The iFollow people say that’s up to the club and Alex Lowe blamed iFollow.

I don’t mind having no commentary (especially since Lee Blakeman seems to have been abducted by aliens to cover St*ke). It’s like being in the stands with crowd noise. Now if the could only sync the sound with the video...,

It sounds odd to see a goal or a foul and hear the crowd reaction 5 seconds later.

One thing that Vale have failed to do is update the iFollow app with player and manager interviews. Also, I seem to recall we were supposed to be able to replay the entire game afterwards, not just extended highlights.

Overall, we’re blessed. For $140 we get to see 46 games, home and away. Well maybe not Accrington away. UK fans don’t see any.

Sounds like we take similar steps to get the best experience. I've recently updated the router and the desktop is wired into the router, I've asked some PC savvy guys and they suggest the "freezing" may be due to a number of reasons, the iFollow servers, my desktop is getting a little long in the tooth and I currently have cable not a fiber optic connection etc. Recently I started to set up to "Cast" from the laptop to the tv but the boss put an end to that one.

Do you experience the "Video freezing" (The sound/crowd noise doesn't freeze) 'cause that would rule out the iFollow servers. I haven't tried to watch the games on our more modern and powerful laptop or iPad yet as the desktop monitor is much larger.

Overall I'm pleased it works well enough and consistently despite it's faults and I can't wait for the games.

Sounds like we take similar steps to get the best experience. I've recently updated the router and the desktop is wired into the router, I've asked some PC savvy guys and they suggest the "freezing" may be due to a number of reasons, the iFollow servers, my desktop is getting a little long in the tooth and I currently have cable not a fiber optic connection etc. Recently I started to set up to "Cast" from the laptop to the tv but the boss put an end to that one.

Do you experience the "Video freezing" (The sound/crowd noise doesn't freeze) 'cause that would rule out the iFollow servers. I haven't tried to watch the games on our more modern and powerful laptop or iPad yet as the desktop monitor is much larger.

Overall I'm pleased it works well enough and consistently despite it's faults and I can't wait for the games.

I only get video freezing when I try to mirror my iMac, iPad or iPhone to the large screen TV, using Apple TV. I would tend to blame the iFollow servers, since we have no problem with any other video streams through the Apple TV box.

I have the same issue with the video ‘freezing’. They said that the feed was fine and that it must be my browser.

I’ve tried every one out there and it makes no difference, and my wi-fi is more than fast enough, so no idea what the answer is.

It does, however, play perfectly on my iPad, so that’s my only option at the moment.

I’ll be upgrading my iPad in a few weeks and will try mirroring - hopefully successfully, as watching on such a small screen is far from ideal.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the fact that the interviews etc have not been updated since August is annoying.

Overall, can’t grumble though - it’s great to be able to see every game.

Archived