onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tyrone Barnett sentenced to 2 years

smithie

Lovely.... exactly why you cant have an open debate with ******* like you. Why would you bother wasting your money to see a rubbish manager and his rubbish players?

Maybe he supports the team despite having no faith in the manager or players. I think we'll actually be grateful for fans like darren1810 the way things are going. Many fans have no faith in the team and manager and then, understandably, vote with their feet. And, whilst I'm posting, you were the one posting all the 'tell him to his face' stuff, so you can't then have a go at the poster for doing just that.

Advert

Welcome to Vale Park. I can see your potential. Success is you play out the rest of your career here, score 1 in 3 and Vale are by that time comfortably in the top half of League 1.

Michael Brown is showing astuteness in the signings so far given the budget available and circumstances of the club. It doesn't make success certain by any means, but I can see logic and reasonable plan.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, dreadful lump.

Congratulations I wondered how many posts it would take before someone came out with the first negative comment. It seems just three this time. :doh:

Jesus give the bloke a chance! How people can write someone off before they've played for Vale is beyond me. :angry:

Nope but i did when Martin Henderson replaced him !!

I never saw MH play but heard enough about him, that must have been the worst piece of business Vale ever did - was a baby Smurf around to set that swap up, and give a payment on top I think I read?.

I do think we ought to welcome Tyrone Barnett though, and hope that he enjoys it here and scores and makes lots of goals for us.

Midfielder next to sign,please, someone both creative and combative - any Earles or Ray Walkers out there ?

I never saw MH play but heard enough about him, that must have been the worst piece of business Vale ever did - was a baby Smurf around to set that swap up, and give a payment on top I think I read?.

I do think we ought to welcome Tyrone Barnett though, and hope that he enjoys it here and scores and makes lots of goals for us.

Midfielder next to sign,please, someone both creative and combative - any Earles or Ray Walkers out there ?

I may be wrong as my memory plays tricks but i am sure he went AWOL during pre-season and ended up at some obscure lower league team.( Henderson)

Bobby Newton is akin to Gareth Ainsworth as in he didn't actually play that many games for us but has a cult status amongst some fans, me included. My first proper season going away games was 82-83, Stevie Fox, Bob Newton, Mark Lawrence on loan. Brilliant days.

Why we ever swapped our top scorer and hero for Henderson is one of Vales' enigmas !

If you remember how Ally Brown helped Robbie Earle and Andy Jones to develop and how Brett Angell did the same for Billy Paynter, and Ron Futcher did the same for Darren Beckford then you may be thinking that Tyrone and Tom could well be role models, mentors and tutors to help Dan Turner and perhaps Tyler Walker really move on in their career.

At the same time Tyrone (along with Tom) could be scoring lots of goals for us, just like Ally Brown, Ron Futcher and Brett Angel.

The critics of this signing have no credibility and no motivation apart from destructive negativity. Let's see how Tyrone settles in and what he brings to the party.

Given the limits that Michael Brown has to operate within, his signing record so far is pretty decent, let's see how it works out when the season starts.

Welcome to Vale park lets hope u do the business .

Lets hope your fitness desire and will r as great as the fans who pay to watch u .

I dont rate any Vale player cause i dont want lapsy daisy characters in our club .

We want winners like Pope promotion season .

The likes of doug loft etc ,the class of myrie williams the im going get past u magic of Ainsworth /Jeffers /Guppy /Mccarthy/the excellence of Nicky Cross the fabulous finishing of Naylor/Foyle/Pope/the midfield magic of Bogie /Walker/Taylor/Van der laan.

Deliver lad i might not rate u but but then its down to u to show me and any other not so thrilled season ticket holder or fan .

**** you Yukon. I am entitled to my opinion. Reggie scored twice what Barnett did in a relegated team in 7 less games, that speaks volumes. I am entitled to my opinion and my opinion is it is a poor signing, Wimbledon fans are dancing in the streets.

So were Darlington fans when we signed Sodje,so that means nowt to me,if he pulls on a Vale shirt and is **** then fair enough lets say he is **** but until then lets just maybe try and back a player who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet.

People say players wont come as the club is on its arse or its smurf or its Brown BUT maybe just maybe we should look at the fans,i mean look at the reaction every time we sign a player,would you want to come into that...i am prepared to back all Browns signings without a moan until they have played for us and then we will see

So were Darlington fans when we signed Sodje,so that means nowt to me,if he pulls on a Vale shirt and is **** then fair enough lets say he is **** but until then lets just maybe try and back a player who hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet.

People say players wont come as the club is on its arse or its smurf or its Brown BUT maybe just maybe we should look at the fans,i mean look at the reaction every time we sign a player,would you want to come into that...i am prepared to back all Browns signings without a moan until they have played for us and then we will see

You can back them when they play but also express disappointment at the calibre of our signings on here, can't you?

If i was looking at the fans i wouldn't go on social media , i would look how we can sell out at Fleetwood, take 800 to Rochdale for a night game albeit at a fiver. I would see a club with passionate fans who travel in numbers, some away followings are a disgrace in this league, Crawley, Morecambe, Accrington,Stevenage etc etc etc. Vale are a club i would want to play for because of the fan base and support.

Some of the away followings last season the players were not worthy of, if we actually started winning games then the crowds would go up .

You can back them when they play but also express disappointment at the calibre of our signings on here, can't you?

I'd say yes to that, but would want to see them play first to help me in my opinion of what the calibre is.

We'd all like high-profile signings but unless I am assuming things wrongly, not many on here will have seen the players we have signed in action.

So whilst I agree with your point generally, I reckon it is worth waiting to see the players and whether any more signings might bring out the best in the ones we have already signed (as in a good winger being good for big target men, and so on).

Only a month or so to wait now, 2 or 3 more signings urgently needed but I wonder if caution is playing a part after the abortion of last summers' en-masse catalogue youtube signings ?

I'd like to extend a very hearty welcome to Tyrone Barnett. I hope your time at Vale Park is both very successful and memorable, and gives you a lot of enjoyment as you will find that your efforts will be appreciated by the fans.

Lots of good games, lots of goals and lots of satisfaction ahead for you !

Archived