onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

Advert

We will have a squad as big as last season if we sign all of them!!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

How will we? We still only have 9 first team players signed now!

The team looks like this right now:

GK: Lainton

RB: Gibbons (new RB needed)

CB: Smith

CB: Kay

LB: Kelly (new LB needed)

RW: De Freitas (new RW needed - Eagles hopefully)

CM: Pugh

CM: Reeves (new CM needed)

LW: Montano

ST: Pope

ST: Forrester (new striker needed)

Subs: Davis; Hornby; Turner; Dennis; Calveley; Walford; Brown.

Then a new bench is also needed!

How will we? We still only have 9 first team players signed now!

The team looks like this right now:

GK: Lainton

RB: Gibbons (new RB needed)

CB: Smith

CB: Kay

LB: Kelly (new LB needed)

RW: De Freitas (new RW needed - Eagles hopefully)

CM: Pugh

CM: Reeves (new CM needed)

LW: Montano

ST: Pope

ST: Forrester (new striker needed)

Subs: Davis; Hornby; Turner; Dennis; Calveley; Walford; Brown.

Then a new bench is also needed!

De freitas should surely be starting in the middle over pugh

Pretty much agree with the Bikey thing. The best thing the club could have done this week was to announce the kit as being modeled by Bikey and Eagles, who had just signed on.

Doesn't say much for our competitive budget if players are choosing go on the dole rather than playing for us.

Think we need a minimum of 8

A left back, a right back (maybe 2 or another versatile defender) a right winger(hopefully eagles), two strikers, and at least another winger as back up, 2 centre mids (hopefully one being guy on loan).

Another signing who could be past it. Brown seems to be going down the route of either signing unproven youngsters with barely any league experience, or oldies who are past it, slow and prone to injury. It'd be nice to get players in their prime aged 24-30 who have enough experience to challenge in league 2.

Maybe we should just go and sign 30 players who have never played in this country and come from the Swedish Division 9,far better than experienced proven players at this level.....Brown just cant win

If we dont sign at least eight as a bare minimum, then we are going into the first game relying on kids to fill the gaps in the team. Im starting to worry a little.

The signs where there at the end of the season. Browny said himself that kids are going have to play a big part in the new season just never thought it would be this much.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Pretty much agree with the Bikey thing. The best thing the club could have done this week was to announce the kit as being modeled by Bikey and Eagles, who had just signed on.

Bikey may have been injury prone but would have been good for rotation at centre half with Davis, Smith and a loanee signing.

Although Kay is essentially the same thing, compared to Bikey I am left feeling massively underwhelmed. He may be versatile but at 34 may not have the legs to do either really. Plus we already have Danny Pugh at that age in the midfield department - and that's not including Brown if you wanted to.

I hope I'm wrong about Kay, and I do wish him well and welcome him to the club. It's just I've been fairly content with the signings made so far until this one. As I say though it may be because of what it means for Bikey.

It's going to be interesting to see who turns up for preseason tomorrow.

Pretty much how I feel about it - all a bit underwhelming, to say the least. One thing we'll need to survive in L2 is height and strength at the back, something that none of our current centre backs have. It's no good hoping Popey will help out because when we're defending set pieces, he'll more than likely be marking one of the centre backs coming up.

We really need someone like Bikey, with the kind of physical presence that intimidates opposing forwards but can't see him signing now.

A warm welcome to Antony Kay - I hope he does well - but this isn't going to get people flooding back to buy their season tickets. I just hope there's more to come.

:sad:

Archived