onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

You know and I know that we've badly missed Dodds and his assists and goals from midfield. If he'd remained here we would have stayed up.

Incidentally, he's now still in League One and we've dropped like a stone, so he hasn't gone down a level.

And blimey, I was told by some on here that Porter was average and we didn't need someone like him (who scored 16 last year) but now we're after Barnett who isn't remotely in the same class as Porter! We really are scraping the barrel. It's ground-hog day and just like January all over again.

We all agree I'm sure that we need about 3-4 quality players, not just the odd one. Who on earth is going to score the goals we need next season?

Disagree on Dodds although he was one the owner wanted to keep. He was in and out of a struggling team and he didn't look great in the two games against us aside from his late strike in the home game. I keep reading if we had this player or that player we would have stayed up. Christ if Brown had some balls and signed a striker from anywhere we would have stayed up.

Agree on Porter if we are in for Barnett.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

I would rather you didn't put words into my mouth, I didn't use the word "crap". I won't mention Dodds because he was only top scorer for Shrewsbury who didn't get relegated like us. I think O'Connor moved for other reasons but was polite enough not to say so. Theo Robinson also did OK with 37 games and 8 goals last season. We only needed one to avoid relegation.

Crap / rubbish what's the difference?

Dodds is a luxury player, that's why he was in and out at Shrews.

What were these reasons for O'Connor as the evidence says otherwise.

Christ Theo Robinson really, find anyone at the end of last season that wanted to keep him, even Page didn't!

I would rather you didn't put words into my mouth, I didn't use the word "crap". I won't mention Dodds because he was only top scorer for Shrewsbury who didn't get relegated like us. I think O'Connor moved for other reasons but was polite enough not to say so. Theo Robinson also did OK with 37 games and 8 goals last season. We only needed one to avoid relegation.

I agree with Dodds. I would've kept him and he probably would've kept us up. However Robinson was horrific whilst at vale, I remember the talk about him on here. He was woeful.

Good for you, given his ongoing failures over the last 8 months (and further given it was he who was negotiating for Jones) what gives you that confidence?

I'm genuinely interested as I hope you are correct.

The mans passion, knowledge of the game, and hunger for success just give the guy a chance he is learning his trade in football management of which he and his backroom staff are starting from scratch to build a solid team.

We have only had Brian Horton and Mickey Adams employed as the finished article as managers in the past few years so patience is the key.

So to clarify by your own admission the player isn't great but you are upset someone else has paid money for him and we haven't 😂

At least use a decent example if you are going to try and beat the club.

I think the point is that even if we think he is rubbish, the Crewe leadership seem to think he is worth having... and they are willing to invest in that belief.

Another example of avoiding the context of the argument and using your little smiley face emoji to belittle people.

I mean yes, your wonderful Smurf did invest in a project last year. Shame it was a truest, stupid, idiotic, non thought through, greed driven decision.

You say he has covered the cost and it hasn't affected the budget this year. Prove if (you seem determined to only consider things that are proven directly)... what would the budget have been if we didn't have to correct the mistake. You don't know. Smurf can say what he wants and his lapdogs will lap it up.

Lap lap lap

I think the point is that even if we think he is rubbish, the Crewe leadership seem to think he is worth having... and they are willing to invest in that belief.

Another example of avoiding the context of the argument and using your little smiley face emoji to belittle people.

I mean yes, your wonderful Smurf did invest in a project last year. Shame it was a truest, stupid, idiotic, non thought through, greed driven decision.

You say he has covered the cost and it hasn't affected the budget this year. Prove if (you seem determined to only consider things that are proven directly)... what would the budget have been if we didn't have to correct the mistake. You don't know. Smurf can say what he wants and his lapdogs will lap it up.

Lap lap lap

But your argument has a humongous hole in it like you say, our owner had a willingness to invest and believe last year and it cost him a fortune. There is no point paying for players who aren't great by people's own admission, I'd rather the manager sign players that get fans excited if Brown can find any. The argument is simply crazy but of course you will use it as you are irrational when it comes to the club.

Prove it? The MANAGER has told people from his OWN MOUTH for goodness sake, unless he's a liar?

Congratulations on your post, the daftest of the week

I agree with Dodds. I would've kept him and he probably would've kept us up. However Robinson was horrific whilst at vale, I remember the talk about him on here. He was woeful.

He may have been "woeful" but he scored 2 goals in 8 starts for us. Scored a few for Southend too.

He may have been "woeful" but he scored 2 goals in 8 starts for us. Scored a few for Southend too.

He was ok for Southend but that was on the back of doing well for Lincoln. He has to be fair done a lot better than what he was like at the vale. 2 in 8 starts is nothing to shout about.

Right, just to clarify, the player isn't great as everyone has quite clearly pointed out. The point I'm trying to make is, Crewe wanted him, needed to pay a fee and did so to get there man. When are we going to do that?

when longton becomes a seaport.:rollonthefloor::rollonthefloor::rollonthefloor:

Tyrone Barnett is a journeyman player who seems to have kept getting loaned out. Most of all though he has not scored enough goals in his career - he is a one in five man at best. I guess I expect a lot, but I would rather Dan Turner is given a chance and Anton Forrester allowed to recover. I feel Forrester is a good player when fit. Then I would strengthen the side in midfield and defence as much as possible and maybe find a proven goal scorer at end of career, like Hughes, who can give us 50 minutes or 20 minutes from the bench but know where the net is.

Dodds was a better player than we gave him credit for - he is a league 1 player and no better, but he was a good team man and club man and that counts for a lot at our level.

Crap / rubbish what's the difference?

Dodds is a luxury player, that's why he was in and out at Shrews.

What were these reasons for O'Connor as the evidence says otherwise.

Christ Theo Robinson really, find anyone at the end of last season that wanted to keep him, even Page didn't!

Dodds has been a frustratingly inconsistent player, that's probably why he has not played any higher. You are right in that he was in and out of the Shrews team last season. Seem to recall he did however score 10 goals for them, something most of our team sadly failed to achieve. Woefully so.

if Brown had some balls and signed a striker from anywhere we would have stayed up.

He tried. The wonderful owner didn't give him the resources or the platform of a club that any of them wanted to come to. Queue the "You cant prove it mardy squeels" of REP

You cant prove there wouldnt be more money available in this years budget if Smurf didnt have to pay off the stupid decision he made that set the club backwards either.

Linked with Danny Green on Twitter. 28yo right winger released by Luton.

5 goals in 25 games during the 2015-16 season, but missed the entire 2016-17 season through injury (double leg break) :ohmy:

A fit danny green would be a quality addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived