onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

We had no choice' date=' you do know how it works with out of contract players works right? It's a good deal and one the club should be commended for if shifty signs him for a run. He would never have been worth 3.5 million had he stayed with us in league 1 or 2, not that he wanted to anyway.[/quote']

I do know how it works, player out of contract, we offer rubbish money, he goes somewhere else. I am sure we could have persuaded him and others to stay if our monetary reward policy had been commensurate with the prevailing market conditions.

Advert

I do know how it works, player out of contract, we offer rubbish money, he goes somewhere else. I am sure we could have persuaded him and others to stay if our monetary reward policy had been commensurate with the prevailing market conditions.

What's this rubbish money? You post like you know.

The club wanted him to stay, we can't compete financially with a much bigger club. We didn't even in the days of Rudgey when we lost some superstars who eventually moved on and we certainly didn't under your mates. At least now we make offers of more than a weekend in Blackpool, a set of ladders, a joy ride in a Micra and a cornetto of choice 😂

What's this rubbish money? You post like you know.

The club wanted him to stay, we can't compete financially with a much bigger club. We didn't even in the days of Rudgey when we lost some superstars who eventually moved on and we certainly didn't under your mates. At least now we make offers of more than a weekend in Blackpool, a set of ladders, a joy ride in a Micra and a cornetto of choice

I don't need to know the numbers, we have seen enough players go to lower league clubs because they got better offers over the last few years.

Jesus I'd rather have no one!

Montano aside we are going to be one of the slowest sides in the division next season.

I see that it seems pretty much a done deal.

Is it really? Well at least it's another player I guess, pretty sure we don't even have 22 to send out for the friendlies yet considering we're supposed to be sending an additional XI to play elsewhere on a few of the fixture dates.

Still waiting for some sort of quality to sign.

I don't need to know the numbers, we have seen enough players go to lower league clubs because they got better offers over the last few years.

I beg to differ, you do need to know the numbers if you are going to call them crap.

And aside from O'Connor who moved for travel reasons have we really missed any of them? They've gone down a level mainly because like us last season they weren't good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Is it really? Well at least it's another player I guess, pretty sure we don't even have 22 to send out for the friendlies yet considering we're supposed to be sending an additional XI to play elsewhere on a few of the fixture dates.

Still waiting for some sort of quality to sign.

Me too, we must have a heck of a lot of budget left to sign some.

So to clarify by your own admission the player isn't great but you are upset someone else has paid money for him and we haven't 😂

At least use a decent example if you are going to try and beat the club.

I read it and fully understood it just as you did but you choose to be a pompous arśehole over it as usual.

I read it and fully understood it just as you did but you choose to be a pompous arśehole over it as usual.

Great minds it seems!

So explain it then....because if we hadn't paid out for a decent player we all wanted I would understand but to use an example of a player who isn't great by the poster's own admission is simply odd.

I for instance wouldn't pay out for **** on a stick but I was persuaded to pay out for corn on the cob at a street market in Sydney recently.

I beg to differ, you do need to know the numbers if you are going to call them crap.

And aside from O'Connor who moved for travel reasons have we really missed any of them? They've gone down a level mainly because like us last season they weren't good enough.

I would rather you didn't put words into my mouth, I didn't use the word "crap". I won't mention Dodds because he was only top scorer for Shrewsbury who didn't get relegated like us. I think O'Connor moved for other reasons but was polite enough not to say so. Theo Robinson also did OK with 37 games and 8 goals last season. We only needed one to avoid relegation.

You know and I know that we've badly missed Dodds and his assists and goals from midfield. If he'd remained here we would have stayed up.

Incidentally, he's now still in League One and we've dropped like a stone, so he hasn't gone down a level.

And blimey, I was told by some on here that Porter was average and we didn't need someone like him (who scored 16 last year) but now we're after Barnett who isn't remotely in the same class as Porter! We really are scraping the barrel. It's ground-hog day and just like January all over again.

We all agree I'm sure that we need about 3-4 quality players, not just the odd one. Who on earth is going to score the goals we need next season?

Archived