onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

Advert

What a difference a year makes: on this day last year Port Vale made a triple signing of Kiko, Paulo Tavares and Carlos Saleiro.

Just saying like... :smile:

I remember it like yesterday Barry.

"Great signing"

"Quality signing"

"Thank you Smurf"

Amongst other guff.

Who was the poster who told us Tavares was going to be the business because he knew of him and seen him play?

My word.

What a shambles it turned out to be.

And how pathetic are the posters who are taking a dig at Michael Brown.

That idiot REP (who luckily I'm on his ignore list and won't see this anyway) bangs on about him being the third worst manager in our history.

The lads only had half a season and inherited arguably one of our worst ever squads!

He may turn out to be a great manager.

He may turn out to be another Dean Glover.

That being said, he is the manager and to slag him off in his first pre season is pretty poor form, when the current owner has done damaging things to our great club in his 4 years in charge.

Channel your anger elsewhere. Where it is needed. And let Michael build a squad and a team with the pittance he is allowed.

Still people can't see the woods for the trees.

Wouldn't it be funny if the reason people were moaning was due to the fact that there is no news about if we have or are about to sign someone? If the very reason there's so much moaning is the dearth of news relating to signings that you, oh unique one, come on here for, and obviously we have no interest in? That a thread entitled 'signings' turns into a moaning thread when few signings materialise?

We're a few days away from the first friendly and we're 8-10 good players short of doing anything next season. We're missing out on targets left, right, and centre. I too want to see if we've signed anyone or not. We're not. I'm moaning.

Some of you make this far too easy for me.

I know we have missed out on a couple of signings but who are those we have missed out on left,right and centre as that makes out its a lot? Not a dig just a question as i wouldn't be happy if we had missed out on so many

I'd love to have something positive to say about the team I've supported for the last five decades, but I've just endured the worst season I can remember, and the coming season isn't shaping up well so far. I can only blame one person for that.

I blame 2 Smurf and Brown.Smurf for deserting a sinking ship and Brown who doesn't know his ************.

Got us into this mess last year and is incapable of making signings to make us better.

Wouldn't it be funny if the reason people were moaning was due to the fact that there is no news about if we have or are about to sign someone? If the very reason there's so much moaning is the dearth of news relating to signings that you, oh unique one, come on here for, and obviously we have no interest in? That a thread entitled 'signings' turns into a moaning thread when few signings materialise?

We're a few days away from the first friendly and we're 8-10 good players short of doing anything next season. We're missing out on targets left, right, and centre. I too want to see if we've signed anyone or not. We're not. I'm moaning.

Some of you make this far too easy for me.

I'm more than happy being the unique one ... a lot better than the boring and repetitive one.

Undisclosed and for Brad Walker from Hartlepool. Wigan and Wolves were after him. Seem more attractive than us.

If we had signed him people would have been moaning. 126 games and just 10 goals isn't anything to write home about.

I think we should give Eagles every chance to sign for us and not give him any ultimatums. Turning Mark Marshall down when he asked to come back was one of the most stupid decisions in recent times, we should learn from that.

Although letting Jrdaon Hughill go for £25,000 compensation must come a close second. Can't believe we are creaming about the fact we might get £500K IF Birmingham buy him when we could have been selling him ourselves for £3.5 Million and he would have kept us up last season if he was still with us...

If we had signed him people would have been moaning. 126 games and just 10 goals isn't anything to write home about.

Right, just to clarify, the player isn't great as everyone has quite clearly pointed out. The point I'm trying to make is, Crewe wanted him, needed to pay a fee and did so to get there man. When are we going to do that?

FFS this is supposed to be about signings not miserable old gits whining about everything and everyone. Yes things aren't great but could be a WHOLE LOT WORSE!!!

Yes am an old git but young at heart. Yes Smurth knocked a lot of heart out of all of us but he isn't going to beat me. Young gits should remember they will become old gits! Sounds as if some have already.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

He's not a goalscoring player though so it's a bit strange to judge him that way?

He's a centre mid but was played at centre back for most of last season.

126 games in the Football League by the age of 21 is good going.

I agree with @valiantsireno, they've targeted a player under contract and bought him for a fee, rather than sign players that other clubs don't want.

However, I did see a comment on Twitter from a Hartlepool fan along the lines of "we've got money for him? I'd have accepted a bag of Space Raiders" :laugh:

Why should I go and "moan" about another team ? Port Vale are my team have been for donkeys, it's obvious I care more about the situation than you do, does that makes me a better supporter than you ? because you are prepared to put up with anything that Smurthwaite throws at "Our" club, and I'm prepared to speak out.

Bet your and the other moaners are a nightmare at Christmas

Although letting Jrdaon Hughill go for £25,000 compensation must come a close second. Can't beleive we are creaming about the fact we might get £500K IF Birmingham buy him when we could have been selling him ourselves for £3.5 Million and he would have kept us up last season if he was still with us...

We had no choice, you do know how it works with out of contract players works right? It's a good deal and one the club should be commended for if shifty signs him for a run. He would never have been worth 3.5 million had he stayed with us in league 1 or 2, not that he wanted to anyway.

Right, just to clarify, the player isn't great as everyone has quite clearly pointed out. The point I'm trying to make is, Crewe wanted him, needed to pay a fee and did so to get there man. When are we going to do that?

So to clarify by your own admission the player isn't great but you are upset someone else has paid money for him and we haven't 😂

At least use a decent example if you are going to try and beat the club.

Archived