onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 2017/18 Season

Fosse69

A decent start? A draw away at Watford and a 1-0 win at home to a team that just got battered by the relegation favourites? I wouldn't call that a good start. Manchester United have had a good start. A good start for Liverpool would have been 6 points. It's an ok start, but decent is pushing it.

Decent in most people's vocabulary does mean okay, you numpty. :laugh:

I can guarantee you other big clubs will drop points at Watford this season. While beating Palace is something Liverpool have struggled with in the last 4 or 5 years, especially at Anfield. If Liverpool get the 3 points against Arsenal at Anfield next week, which they are pefectly capable of doing, then I would say they have had a very, very good start all things considered, with more to come.

Advert

This Spurs thing is beginning to annoy me 🙈 If one more person says it's detrimental to Tottenham because the away team are "inspired" by playing at Wembley I shall scream ! By the same tact, Spurs should be "inspired" equally ! Sheep mentality dominates this damn country and people just repeat the same old tripe that they've heard before. Think for yourselves for Gods sake.

Arsenal were always known as 'Lucky Arsenal'.That doesn't apply to their fans.Gaz Neville "They should all be put on the transfer list."Carragher echoed those sentiments.As well as Liverpool have played going forward,I think Vale could beat Arsenal today.How much do these gutless ******* get paid?

Arsenal were always known as 'Lucky Arsenal'.That doesn't apply to their fans.Gaz Neville "They should all be put on the transfer list."Carragher echoed those sentiments.As well as Liverpool have played going forward,I think Vale could beat Arsenal today.How much do these gutless ******* get paid?

Where's Alexis Sanchez when you need him,must still have a bad back?

Wenger in.

This Spurs thing is beginning to annoy me 🙈 If one more person says it's detrimental to Tottenham because the away team are "inspired" by playing at Wembley I shall scream ! By the same tact, Spurs should be "inspired" equally ! Sheep mentality dominates this damn country and people just repeat the same old tripe that they've heard before. Think for yourselves for Gods sake.

How many games have Spurs played at Wembley since it became their adopted home and how many games have they won?

Lol at Arsenal. Take nothing away from Liverpool who were simply superb but Arsenal were embarrassing. They looked like they just didn't care. It was a shambles and they deserved to lose far more than 4-0. Forget the title, if Arsenal keep this up they won't be anywhere near the top 4.

Lol at Arsenal. Take nothing away from Liverpool who were simply superb but Arsenal were embarrassing. They looked like they just didn't care. It was a shambles and they deserved to lose far more than 4-0. Forget the title, if Arsenal keep this up they won't be anywhere near the top 4.

Agree Liverpool were fantastic. Arsenal were about as bad as possible. Ramsey, ozil and Sanchez should be embarrassed.

Feel for wenger although he makes loads of mistakes and hasn't signed correctly his players really don't give a ****.

Honestly think they'll struggle to finish ahead of teams live Everton, West Brom and maybe even Leicester this year if they perform like that.

Liverpool will get top 4. Was very impressed by them today.

Arsenal were very poor but I think some of that has a lot to do with Liverpool making them look poor. The front three were wonderful but both Wijnaldum and Can were the pick of the bunch for me. In fact I'd go as far to say that Enre Can gave a Gerrard like performance. When he plays like that Liverpool should just give him whatever silly amount of money he wants and get him signed up asap! Even Moreno is doing a job this season as of yet. Not a bad start at all for a side without what some would consider it's best player, or certainly most creative. If they can sign Van Dijk before the window closes finally and also bring in a striker (I don't think Origi is quite up to it while you can't rely on Sturridge for all of his quality) then they can challenge this season. I do have high hopes for Solanke but think it's a season too soon for him to make a real impact.

Arsenal have too many players that seemingly want out. They needed to get rid of Wenger after last season just to inject something new and fresh into the club in regards to ideas. They once had a back four of Cole, Campbell, Toure and Lauren with Viera and Gilberto Silva (Petit brfore him) in front of them not too long ago. If you compare that to what they can field these days it really is like night and day.

Arsenal always seem to start really poor these days then pick up.

Arsenal's best three scoring chances were all created by the Liverpool keeper being slow to clear with his feet and nearly giving the ball away. He seemed to go in to a coma when the ball was passed back to him.

Although Port Vale lost disappointingly against Crewe I think all the players tried their hardest physically. No one is complaining about effort among the supporters. But that is not the case with Arsenal, some of their players in midfield and attack are being accused of being lazy, not trying and being unprofessional. That is really serious. I also watched all of the game they played against Leicester, their only win so far, and they were really lucky, it was only because the Leicester manager made poor subs bring on attacking players instead of shutting up shop at the end of the game that allowed Arsenal to score two goals and win that game. They had almost no defence and it wasn't just the back four, its the whole midfield.

Some of the players, are open to the accusation of corruption. They were not trying fully because they want a transfer.

I think they are in a volatile situation. They need to get rid of the players who don't want to play for them and they need to drop the players who are not running. They may have to field what on paper is a weaker team but with a higher work ethic and level of professionalism.

Arsenal players were beaten because they played a team who had everything u need win a game of football .

Pace skill endeavour hard work and most importantly quality all over the pitch the fourth goal a beautiful goal if u a football lover.

After watching stoke generally in the game before hand run the game throughout and West Brom play i say no better than poor u have to wonder if they have the goals in them get in top 8.

All that ball a zouma deflected shot saved a near miss from that moting and indi and nothing apart from the giveaway goal for them to brag about.

As for West Brom id hate watch that ,paying far to much respect to Stoke and in the end lucky get a draw.

I dont care how much admission is if thats all u offer your home support then results apart if it works u would be desperately disappointed in the negativity of it all.

Archived