onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 2017/18 Season

Fosse69

Behave. A midfield of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana with Mane, Salah and Firmino as the front three is hardly bad is it? And that's without any more signings this window.

It's not bad but it ain't good enough. Henderson is average as hell, wijnaldrum is good every so often. Lallana is decent but that's about it. Mane and firminho are both very good and who knows with salah. Can't see Liverpool finishing above city, united, Chelsea, Tottenham or arsenal personally.

Advert

The problem with Giroud is that he is a product of the modern age where it is ok to cheat. I've always rated him, but his continuance of falling to the ground when barely touched is frustrating to say the least. He has all the attributes to be a top forward and if he stayed on his feet I think he would score more than he does. Although, as pointed out above, he has a decent return anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

There's far worse players than giroud for that.

There's far worse players than giroud for that.

Quite possibly. But IMO, he would be a better and more effective player if he cut it out. He would almost certainly score more goals because while he's on his feet, he has a chance of scoring. On his backside, he doesn't. But the talent is there, I just sometimes wish that he would use it more.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Some game that was. Watford were good for a point and will beat plenty of sides at home this season. Liverpool like Arsenal are fantastic going forward, and can put 3 or 4 past any side, but they need Van Dijk asap and also Klopp needs to swallow his price and play Sakho, who is better than both Lovren and Matip. I thought Alexander-Arnold was fantastic considering his age, and he'll be Englands left-back for years to come.

Taking Salah off was a silly decision by Klopp as Liverpool completely lost the threat on the counter when he brought on Origi for him. So many chances to put the game to bed at 3-2 and if you don't take them it usually comes back to bite you as was the case here. Still, a point against a decent side away from home without playing anywhere near to your best is hardly a tragedy.

If you can't beat Watford after scoring three goals against them you are not going to win the title.

They won't win the title this season, Man City will. But Watford will beat plenty of teams at home this season and it might just turn out to be a decent point away from home come the end of the season. There's no way that they're third goal should have stood either and had the correct call been made everybody would have been saying good job Liverpool, despite the poor goals conceded.

They won't win the title this season, Man City will. But Watford will beat plenty of teams at home this season and it might just turn out to be a decent point away from home come the end of the season. There's no way that they're third goal should have stood either and had the correct call been made everybody would have been saying good job Liverpool, despite the poor goals conceded.

This is how deludedly optimistic us vale fans must sound like at the start of each season.

This is how deludedly optimistic us vale fans must sound like at the start of each season.

The same as you insisted I was deluded the season Liverpool came a slip away from winning the Premier League, and went very, very quiet for a while. :laugh:

Don't agree on the third goal. If it was offside it was minimal at best. I couldn't tell if the player that scored was in front of the ball when it was passed to him after several replays so there was no way the linesman could have in amongst all the bodies.

Arsenal's fourth goal shouldn't have stood because it was handball from Ozil in the run up to the corner. Chelsea could argue the Cahill red card was harsh. You could be here all day moaning about decisions that did or didn't go your way. The fact is Liverpool didn't defend the corner well enough and didn't deserve the win as a result.

Archived